MW2, No Dedicated Servers, PB, 9v9 limit, leaning, etc etc

Perhaps we could at least be thankful that they released a PC version.

I don't mind a console port as long as the controls are tight and the framerate remains steady...

Perhaps we could at least be thankful that they released a PC version.

I don't mind a console port as long as the controls are tight and the framerate remains steady...

I understand where you are coming from, but I really think that isn't totally acceptable either. There are certain design decisions that developers make to cater to console gamers and their play style that I don't like to see. Sometimes these decisions are done with regard to technical limitations of the hardware, controllers, or the target audience themselves. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 for example is dumbed down compared to the previous installments and the game suffers for it. Both in technical quality and in terms of fun factor.

bhk2v7.png

So I'm guessing this just indicates that all of IW's future COD games will follow this course? If so, that is total and complete bullshit.

is this shit real? this kid looks like he needs to be on medication. no rational person would let something so trivial affect them like that.

It's fake. He has the PS3 version. Also, if he was truly batshit, he would have broken the game on the spot too.

Kudos to him for putting on a convincing performance, however.

Last edited:
HA! So, I just got banned from the infinity ward forums.

Haven't made any inflammatory remarks, 'BOYCOTT teh game!' statements or anything like that.

Reason: Douchebag - Spamming

I don't get it. And I have the sneaking suspicion that I am not the douchebag.

Haven't made any inflammatory remarks, 'BOYCOTT teh game!' statements or anything like that.

Well, what did you post exactly?

Exactly? Well, I'm back on now so maybe they lifted it but the last thing I posted, in a thread asking "Do you like steam" was:

"I do not care for MW2 being interfaced with Steam. Especially with the fact that if my buddies and I want to LAN, we HAVE to be connected to the internet to play."

The rest of my posts, when criticizing shortcomings, have been similar in tone.

Certainly not bad enough to be called a Douchebag. And as for the 'spamming,' I make two or three posts a day, if that.

coolstorybro.jpg

:D

My friend who thought Halo 3 and Gears of War were the greatest games ever bought MW2 (on Xbox) and now goes on about how it is the greatest game ever. He is also horrible at FPS on the PC and he didn't even know what dedicated servers were when I told him I wasn't going to buy it because of lack of dedicated server support. I think the majority of people fall under that category of liking the Halo 3 type of game play, and IW went for where the money was. I can't blame them for trying to make money, but they ain't getting my money with this step backwards in gaming.

newster 1+ I agree match making was good idea to add to the PC platform but removing key feature of PC mp like was horrible mistake on IW part and most so not telling us in the early.

I hated this game at first but its growing on me. Still pissed about the gd FOV and dedicated servers but its the lemon we were given so I guess im gonna make lemonade.... that or a shit pie.

I hated this game at first but its growing on me. Still pissed about the gd FOV and dedicated servers but its the lemon we were given so I guess im gonna make lemonade.... that or a shit pie.

So the FOV is as bad as a console even on a powerful PC? I tolerated that on Borderlands and it was barely. Damn this game is a shit pie.

So the FOV is as bad as a console even on a powerful PC? I tolerated that on Borderlands and it was barely. Damn this game is a shit pie.

the FOV is the same as the default FOV in COD4. fwiw i'm fairly sensitive to narrow FOV and i'm just fine with MW2. as a point of reference, Wolfenstein and FC2 (before the fix) are unplayable to me because of their narrow FOV.

the FOV is the same as the default FOV in COD4. fwiw i'm fairly sensitive to narrow FOV and i'm just fine with MW2. as a point of reference, Wolfenstein and FC2 (before the fix) are unplayable to me because of their narrow FOV.

COD4 had it at 65 by default which sucked ass. Changing it to 80 made a huge difference to me. They want us to play the game the way they want it to be played. That's their whole fking problem. They need to go learn some things from Burger King.

This game is getting hacked to pieces.

You can unlock the console
You can unlock the DLC
You can play with a pirate copy
You can have infinite ammo
You can have ded servers

i am sure there is more to come

Yup. I posted that yesterday.

Its just funny to me because of IW's news quotes about how you can play on IWnet without cheaters and hackers in MW2, and the first day the game was out there were already wallhacks and aimbots released.

Now, the people with pirated copies have a crack to allow them to play with the players who legitimately purchased the game online.....

Like, wow, great job on that no cheating/hacker thing IW........ Its a good thing you spent so much time ironing out the bugs in your PC console port....

They also figured out how to enable numbers instead of the cell phone bars for ping,

http://www.modernwarfail2.com/2009/11/17/showing-pings-in-numbers-instead-of-signal-bars/

This is what happens when you piss off the PC community, and this is what happens when you get blinded by greed... In CoD4 you could only play on cracked servers if you had a pirated copy and those cracked servers were very few, in MW2 they've figured out how to play with anyone, so there you go IW.

Ya I had figured the ping thing was possible anyways, just needed access to console. Thats kewl though.

Look at that screen shot too.....Good ol matchmaking pings there....lol

Lets play "Can you figure out who the host is?......"

I have played all of the COD series from the beginning and MW2 isn't bad at all. If anything there are a ton more players in MW2 than in WaW.

This game is getting hacked to pieces.

You can unlock the console
You can unlock the DLC
You can play with a pirate copy
You can have infinite ammo
You can have ded servers

i am sure there is more to come

I'm sure the "it's unhackable" quip spurred some people into action who might otherwise have ignored this game.

I havent willingly played in a server over 100 ping in TF2 since it came out...which is what like 2 years ago?

k039zl.jpg

Let's play "Spot the game host".

*raises hand*

Is it... is it "HolyGee <3" ? :eek:

Also check this shit out. http://www.modernwarfail2.com/2009/11/17/unlocking-hidden-mw2-game-types/

Hidden game modes? Hidden killstreaks? Sounds like DLC that is already in the game but not yet unlocked or something like that. Wow. If this is really true then..

*sigh* Is there no end to this travesty? Nothing we can do now, the sheeple have already bought it en masse, it's now #2 on Xfire (passing COD 4).

the hidden DLC wouldn't surprise me

seems like more and more games are being shipped like this.

DLC is the worst idea they've ever had

i'd much rather have expansion packs than nickel and dime DLC which should ALREADY be in the game, if you have Day 1 DLC to sell, then put it in the fucking game instead of saying "we didn't have enough time to implement it before it ships, but on day 1 it will be available"

it's their way of making an easy profit

I have never, not once, to this day bought a single DLC

Back