MW2, No Dedicated Servers, PB, 9v9 limit, leaning, etc etc

Thanks to all who supported this pos. Enjoy it. They will not fix the major issues. They will make them worse and STILL charge you for DLC.

Correct.

http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1034911522&postcount=2035

^^ That really should make just about everyone angry.

Those who bought it have pretty much done in any chance we had for having a voice in pc gaming fps for a few years. Thanks. Until we stand up for what WORKS in gaming, we will continue to get bent over our desks by companies who see this as a great business model.

It's pretty much hopeless simply because the stories are already out about the record breaking sales across all the platforms. It is what it is.

The only hope is that the general crappiness of the matchmaking drives people away from it fast enough so that we get dedicated servers back. Slim hope but still.

Not much. FEAR 2 players like myself ran under the same logic. Now the online can be fun and I've had a good time with it but I can assure you that this theory you state is going nowhere fast, especially since this thing's sales have already far eclipsed FEAR 2's unless someone has some shocking stats for me.

It is what it is. The PC is simply another console. I'm not happy about it but what can be done?

you try reinstalling the game yet? or at the very least, right click the game in steam, properties>local files> verify integrity of game cache? i've had zero problems, other than the game paging my HD a lot for some reason.

It says, "1 files dailed ot validate and will be reacquired." Then the STEAM message says MW2 is now up to date, and then when I do it again and again it just says the same thing.

It says, "1 files dailed ot validate and will be reacquired." Then the STEAM message says MW2 is now up to date, and then when I do it again and again it just says the same thing.

that's not an error message, it's telling you that one of the originally installed files did not validate and that steam has reacquired the file and replaced it. now that you've done that try playing MW2 and see if your issues are still there. chances are they will persist, but this is a very easy way to solve some problems (with any steam game).

Meh... They can keep this turd, instead of buying it I decided to support a developer who actually gives a shit about us PC gamers so I bought World at War :) (it's not that bad once you get into it, big maps are a refreshing change from COD4).

Just don't buy those games?

I'm doing that. I just don't have much interest in this title right now given my backlog, current issues this title has, and the asking price.

If they fix some things up and the price comes down I'll probably buy it.

I'm under no illusions that my not buying it makes a bit of difference in the bigger picture however. The blow out sales speak for themselves.

I'm doing that. I just don't have much interest in this title right now given my backlog, current issues this title has, and the asking price.

If they fix some things up and the price comes down I'll probably buy it.

I'm under no illusions that my not buying it makes a bit of difference in the bigger picture however. The blow out sales speak for themselves.

probably due more to console sales then PC... I hope.

I know I am one of the console statistics.

Well, I've been playing it pretty actively and I must say, the game is well crafted. I'm fond of the scripted/linear gameplay style. It makes the action much more interested. Sucks its so short though. Oh well.

Im sure they dont give a flying shit about us or anything but money, but I will not pay to play a PC game online. I dont play Warcraft, I dont play everquest, I was amped for SC2, but likely wont buy that simply for the principle of it being an Activision game. I play BF and COD4. And if they ever bring a patch out for COD4 that installs a pay to play system on my machine, COD4 gets pulled from my hard drive.

Long Live Battlefield. ..... As long as the dont pull something epic like MW2 that is.

Cracked Servers

Forget the so called feud over the no dedicated servers for Modern Warfare 2 because someone already cracked it. The so called “cracked version” can host multiplayer games out of the IWNet and also host LAN games.

The cracked MPloader from Teknogods is of course against the terms and rules by Infinity Ward somewhere, so I would suggest you use this at your own risk. However, it is reported that all rooms on the server is already full to max compacity.

I can tell you that I definitely saw this coming, but I definitely did not think it would be this fast. Oh by the way, there are already a ton of cheats in the game so Infinity Ward will be very busy these few coming weeks.

Well I tried to like it, but no such luck. The lag, player limits, and general suck-ass decisions that IW made to kill this game did me in. A totally fucking waste of a good franchise.

My friend bought it over Steam and I played some MP for about an hour, leveled to 11. I am not going to buy it. This game feels like the Xbox version(which i rented). If I wanted a console game, I would buy it on a console.

Experience lag, once the host lagged and he was kicked and they had to choose another host. Another time, it was just very laggy for about 1 minute, then it magically fixed itself.

Sorry IW, I will wait for the new Battlefield.

Too late now... they already have your money, so mission accomplished for them.

Yup. My fault for not researching. Lesson learned. I suppose from now on they've lost my business so in the end they'll lose more money from me than they've gained on this sale.

Correct.

I had a funny feeling it was heading this way, gimp PC features down to console level, then a few months later re-introduce these once expected features as DLC or some pay for service.

It's the death of PC gaming occuring right in front of our eyes and everyone are just running out and buying it like good little sheeple.

It's...depressing, I can't even get angry about this crap anymore.

Meh... They can keep this turd, instead of buying it I decided to support a developer who actually gives a shit about us PC gamers so I bought World at War :) (it's not that bad once you get into it, big maps are a refreshing change from COD4).

Is this a joke?

I don't understand the logic at all. MMO's I could justify the monthly fees and expansion packs, but for an FPS? Maybe I could pay $10 for a huge map pack, but other than that, no thank you! I will not play/pay for a game where people have ability to buy weapons with real money.

On subject, they really need to patch. Sometimes the lag in MP is really bad, sometimes it is really smooth though, depending on the host. Joining a game with a buddy is problematic, half the time the game crashes on the host player lol.

Do you think the people in charge at IW actually read threads like this?

Like they say in the IW thread, I am seriously tempted to pick this up now but on the other hand I don't know if I really want to give them my money.

It's a good start, but I will not buy this game unless there is full dedicated server support with a proper console and mod support. I refuse to buy DLC just to get a decent single-player experience, which is what they are planning. Another 2 DLC campaigns, and I'm sure the single-player will be on par with the $60 price tag.

Oh well, I guess I'll just experience the game via xbox360 rental as I feel the need.

Bullshit, there's no way activision and infinity ward would be stupid enough not to ensure dedicated servers are made available for the PC version. W/out them the game will fail on PC....guaranteed.

Well, they did, and I hope it fails. I need my lean.

Correct.

Yea, i dont think so, the only FPS i ever payed to play online was Planetside, and that was worth every penny.

unless COD:MW2 becomes a MASSIVELY multiplayer online FPS, then there's no way i would pay a monthly sub for it, unless it was atleast 100vs100 or more, no less, and huge maps.

and i wonder who the hell their "CORE" gamers are, i'd really like to meet these kids....

I put in a good 4 or 5 hours over the weekend. Some maps actually do look good. Some are really kinda bland lacking detail. The FOV is still killing me. Sometimes I am playing on a server wtih buddies and when the map ends I get kicked from that lobby before the new game starts. Maybe its ping doing it. Not happy about that at all. The game is still fun although 6v6 kinda sucks. Oh well. Give me a console so i can change FOV and some dedicated servers and this really would have been a great game. I have to say its still somewhat fun but I will probably go back to COD4 and COD5.

The servers will be up and running and IW will patch it and the servers will be dead. Then they will come back and same thing. It will never end.

Regardless of the mass amount of people that bought it, if you buy this game you will be nickel and dimed. Expect to pay extra for custom maps. Expect to pay extra for guns. Expect it. Sure you can be happy now because the game is new, but will you still be happy to buy a $15 map pack or a $5 gun pack? Or whatever else they cook up? Its coming.

The servers will be up and running and IW will patch it and the servers will be dead. Then they will come back and same thing. It will never end.

Regardless of the mass amount of people that bought it, if you buy this game you will be nickel and dimed. Expect to pay extra for custom maps. Expect to pay extra for guns. Expect it. Sure you can be happy now because the game is new, but will you still be happy to buy a $15 map pack or a $5 gun pack? Or whatever else they cook up? Its coming.

Paying a bit more to get a bit more sounds reasonable to me. Sorta like buying expansion/booster packs.

Paying a bit more to get a bit more sounds reasonable to me. Sorta like buying expansion/booster packs.

Then what the hell was the extra $10 on the PC version for at that rate?

People paid "a bit more" to get obviously "a bit less" thus far.

The xbox and ps3 versions cost $60, they have to pay the licensing fees for microsoft and sony, and now they pay steam for their service as well.

Also, I replied on that IW forum thread, they're not dedicated, someone just made a dll hook to enable the console so the host can enable cheats for all the players.

As someone else posted on this forum, it belongs in this section though..... Since someone else had actually told me this...

Fyi, there looks like theres a crack out now to play pirated copies on IW.net with legit buyers of the game.....

Yeah....."lols" comes to mind.

Back