MW2, No Dedicated Servers, PB, 9v9 limit, leaning, etc etc

Man that is just ridiculous. Maybe they bought it hoping IW would patch in dedicated servers (yea right lol).

nobody has released the PC numbers so far

And going by Steam Stats, the game is about tied with with CS:S

The ps3 version is only selling half of the xbox 360 version. And the pc version is probably less than half of the PS3 version.

facepalm.jpg

nobody has released the PC numbers so far

And going by Steam Stats, the game is about tied with with CS:S

The ps3 version is only selling half of the xbox 360 version. And the pc version is probably less than half of the PS3 version.

i don't think that matters much at this point since the xbox360 version of cod4 outsold the pc version 8 to 1. so it's pretty safe to say that pc sales will probably account for maybe 10% of total sales. all i know is boycotts = fail, lol.

Funny thing is, on Xbox Live, the top player is something like 16000 kills and 438 deaths with a 400 kill streak.

ive seen the front page of that steam group posted playing MW2 online several times now.

Sure...thats fine, if you have more than 5 brain cells you might consider what is on the other pages for that steam group, obviously the people who are online and playing are coming to page 1 so it's not representative of the actual percentage of people in that group who are actually going against the boycott.

There are bad apples in all groups, use your brain for just 10 seconds and think about it.

facepalm1ve4qn.jpg

[Edit:] I just wanted an excuse to post that

Oh, and if you need any more reason to hate the game, read the spoilers thread about the storyline. It's pretty awful.

I just played some CoD4 with my friends. We enjoyed playing in a 24 player hardcore S&D server, leaning around corners with ~35 ms pings. A fun time was had by all!

After all the mw2 people get bored of the dumbed down multiplayer...we'll see them come back to cod4/5. I bet thats soon. 6vs6 is way too little. I play scrims with that much and i know i would get bored if i did that all the time. The people that are saying its good enough right now are the ones that put down the cash. They want to feel they didn't get ripped off so they are trying to justify the price.

After all the mw2 people get bored of the dumbed down multiplayer...we'll see them come back to cod4/5. I bet thats soon. 6vs6 is way too little. I play scrims with that much and i know i would get bored if i did that all the time. The people that are saying its good enough right now are the ones that put down the cash. They want to feel they didn't get ripped off so they are trying to justify the price.

This is it exactly, this thread needs no further discussion.

All I know is that the SOUL of teh dev team changed from MW1 to MW2. Someone had posted some youtube PR shit from MW1 here recently. Seeing that and then watching this 402 douchebag spewing all his MW2 douchebaggery around with all the console kids beatin off to his every word REALLY makes me sad. How a giant does fall.....

Well, after more hours of trying to give it a fair playthrough, my opinion has only gone from bad to worse in terms of this game.

Singleplayer: Yeah, it's polished, but it feels like an arcade shooter over a tactical shooter. Yes, I realize CoD was always arcadish, but this goes to a much further extreme. Graphics are decent, sound is kind of muted, controls are fine in single player. But, I'm not a single player FPS fan, so take it for what it's worth.

Multiplayer:

Lag. Get use to it. Get use to playing people halfway across the world and having them being the host. Get use to warping because the person has huge packet loss. Whereas single player is fine when moving the mouse, there's definately a disconnect between me moving my mouse and the screen catching up. Actually, let me strike the previous statement. The mouse is way to slow. It sort of feels like they slowed it down to keep it around the same speed as a gamepad. I had to crank my sensitivity all the way up to get almost the same feel as I had in MW1, but it still feels off.

Cheaters? Haven't seen any yet. But then again, I saw very few of them in previous games.

Community? What community? My gawd, from what I've played, it reminds me of XBox Live. There's a reason why I prefer to play on the PC and not the XBox. Let's just say that I don't know what age the people are, but I can guess what age their maturity level is, and it isn't that old.

Being matched against other players your skill level. Like the promise of being matched against people near you so you'll have no lag, this one also is complete and utter BS. I guess I must be the best CoD player in the world if I'm never matched against people who can actually kill me. Wait, I'm not that good of a CoD player. Rather, you get matched up with a bunch of random noobs who are just as pathetic as the random noobs you find in pub servers in other games.

Oh, and customability? Hmm, I want to play Hardcore TDM. Oh, I have to wait a few more levels. I want to play Sabotage? Wait a few more levels. I want to play Hardcore Sabotage? Sorry, not possible. Oh, and I'm sick of everyone having a no skill noobtube. Well, I guess I have to get use to it, because there's no choice to disable it.

If you like Halo, you'll love this game. If all you've played in console FPS's, chances are you'll love this game. If you're looking for a fast paced, no skill game, you'll love this game. If you're looking for a tactical game, look elsewhere. If you're looking for a competitive game, look elsewhere. I'll play a litle more over the weekend, but right now it looks like I made a huge mistake purchasing this game. And from what I've played so far, it isn't getting better, and I'll be very surprised if it's still installed on my hard drive. Steam really needs a return policy. I'd probably rate MW2 an 8 for SP, and 5 for MP. Definately not nearly close to game of the year (albeit it will win it because 7+ million people bought the game), but I'd agree that this is definately the most overrated game of the year this year. Fortunately I have Dragon Age to go back too.

If you like Halo, you'll love this game. If all you've played in console FPS's, chances are you'll love this game. If you're looking for a fast paced, no skill game, you'll love this game.

Most people I know that like Halo won't even give CoD a shot, or have and don't like it. They aren't very similar. Also, saying it's a no skill game is kind of ridiculous. If that was the case there wouldn't be large K/D spreads, among other things. Everything else you said I can dig.

And yeah, I don't get the point of locking MP modes either. :confused:

Most people I know that like Halo won't even give CoD a shot, or have and don't like it. They aren't very similar. Also, saying it's a no skill game is kind of ridiculous. If that was the case there wouldn't be large K/D spreads, among other things. Everything else you said I can dig.

And yeah, I don't get the point of locking MP modes either. :confused:

I like Halo...

Halo CE for an old notebook I have - back when SuperSlim was in... Latitude x200, some gateway that is the same, and a real Sony SuperSlim Pro

Halo 2 Vista - guess.

Halo 3 - because... it's different. And it has a lot of people at any given time.

I like Halo...

Halo CE for an old notebook I have - back when SuperSlim was in... Latitude x200, some gateway that is the same, and a real Sony SuperSlim Pro

Halo 2 Vista - guess.

Halo 3 - because... it's different. And it has a lot of people at any given time.

http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/careerstats.aspx?player=verbhertz

I've played a lot of Halo but I rarely played after discovering CoD4 shortly after it came out. I just preferred it more. Halo feels floaty and weird now. Hard to describe, I just can't really go back.

Haha. Whats the next level of suck for the Mw series? Big rig road rage first person drivers (BRRRFPD)? :D

i went to bestbuy last night and bought the game for $59.99

I had a blast playing it online with 5 other people. I kicked their ass too since i was hosting with a low ping. the graphics are the best ever !

PSYCHE!

i didn't buy it

Back