Must See Video of the Day

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Taken over a period of several months from the International Space Station, this video is high quality, seamless and sets a new standard. It gives you the feeling that you are there and flying over the Earth. Simply stated: It’s stunningly beautiful.

That is awesome, although I wish the time lapse was slower and the individual clips were longer.

The video is absolutely breathtaking! They now need to bring a 3D camera up there.

Wow, its so beautiful it made my eyes tear from all of the bright/vibrant colors and it nearly made me have a seizure!

Kind of depressing really, world looks massively over populated. Hmm bring on the global pandemic population reduction.

Yeah I wish it could slow down so I could guess which part of the world is being shown. Still a great video though
The vimeo page that has the video actually has a list of all the locations.

1. Aurora Borealis Pass over the United States at Night
2. Aurora Borealis and eastern United States at Night
3. Aurora Australis from Madagascar to southwest of Australia
4. Aurora Australis south of Australia
5. Northwest coast of United States to Central South America at Night
6. Aurora Australis from the Southern to the Northern Pacific Ocean
7. Halfway around the World
8. Night Pass over Central Africa and the Middle East
9. Evening Pass over the Sahara Desert and the Middle East
10. Pass over Canada and Central United States at Night
11. Pass over Southern California to Hudson Bay
12. Islands in the Philippine Sea at Night
13. Pass over Eastern Asia to Philippine Sea and Guam
14. Views of the Mideast at Night
15. Night Pass over Mediterranean Sea
16. Aurora Borealis and the United States at Night
17. Aurora Australis over Indian Ocean
18. Eastern Europe to Southeastern Asia at Night

It always amaze me how we could tell where the Nile river is by looking at that long trail of lights in Egypt desert

On Saturday Nov 5, I was with my son's Cub Scout pack at the Virginia International Raceway and sometime after sunset, around 7pm or so, we all got to see the ISS fly overhead. The Scouts went crazy watching it. Someone had an iTouch app that told us where to look for it, so we got to see it just as it was coming over the horizon. It took probably around 5 minutes for it to pass by and it did start to turn a bit orange as it went into the distance. Someone said sometimes the ISS, as it gets far enough away, kind of "flare out" as it disappears.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2011/02/28/ridiculously-awesome-pic-of-discovery-and-the-iss-taken-from-the-ground
robbullen_iss_discovery.jpg

Never knew the Earth had so much Aurora Borealis activity!!

Back