Must have VR games?

anyone know of a game that may be a step above what valve did with xortex in "the lab"

love that game but wondering if anything else like it that may be better, ie more weaponms, lasers, graphics etc

They're not exactly the same but Space Pirate Trainer and Blasters of the Universe might be close enough for you.

Anyone give Subnautica VR a go yet? I've been thinking about picking up a VR set for it, but I'm still undecided.

Raw Data for awhile was my goto VR game. I felt like Moss was highly innovative, but controlling things felt awkward for me. Looks like I'm going to buy Gun Club VR tonight. I started out with a 1080, had really solid immersive results, and noticed a nice jump in quality when going to a 1080ti.

Raw Data for awhile was my goto VR game. I felt like Moss was highly innovative, but controlling things felt awkward for me. Looks like I'm going to buy Gun Club VR tonight. I started out with a 1080, had really solid immersive results, and noticed a nice jump in quality when going to a 1080ti.
Gun Club VR rocks. Really fun. Not sure I have played Raw Data yet.
Dead Effect 2 VR is also fun. I still play it.

Anyone give Subnautica VR a go yet? I've been thinking about picking up a VR set for it, but I'm still undecided.

I haven't played it but I've read on multiple sites that it's both awesome and awful in VR. Main issues seem to be not supporting touch controls and motion sickness.

I haven't played it but I've read on multiple sites that it's both awesome and awful in VR. Main issues seem to be not supporting touch controls and motion sickness.
Makes sense. The graphics are absolutely gorgeous normally, I'd imagine that actually being surrounded by them would cause some level of depression upon return to the real world. I almost shit myself the first time I saw some of the bigger fish, can't imagine how being fully immersed would be.

If you're looking for something different, Kona vr is pretty cool. It's a puzzle/mystery game set in a 70s Canadian blizzard. I've played about half way through and really like it so far.

The gpu is going to severely limit you.

I O, the best VR game, and the reason I bought my Rift, is Elite: Dangerous. They have done a great job with VR support for it.

Unless it’s a solid 90FPS with no reprojection everyone in my family gets instantly sick AF. So that’s a risky suggestion depending on the individual...

Yup, I tried a samsung gear VR for maybe 10seconds, not even for a game, it was a photo thing, and I was nauseous for 2 hours after.

Yup, I tried a samsung gear VR for maybe 10seconds, not even for a game, it was a photo thing, and I was nauseous for 2 hours after.
Luckily I can play for hours on any game and no problem. I only got BAD vertigo when I first started to play Windlands. Took a month or so on that one....

In Death.

You'll thank me later.

i never got past the first level on this one so im asking is it the same throughout the game, like same enemies does it ever get more in depth because while it is really cool i found it to be monotonous

My current favorite is Beat Saber.

wish i was 10 years younger so that i still had the coordination to do that stuff but definitely going to have to try it out when my odyssey+ gets here if it's even possible to do it with that one..

Last edited:
wish i was 10 years younger so that i still had the coordination to do that stuff but definitely going to have to try it out when my odyssey+ gets here if it's even possible to do it with that one..

I use the Lenovo Explorer with Odyssey controllers; works pretty well for Beat Saber.

I do experience the occasional positional tracking issue in reflex and archery games, but apart from that, WMR works fine with just about any SteamVR game, whether it's listed as supported or not.

I use the Lenovo Explorer with Odyssey controllers; works pretty well for Beat Saber.

I do experience the occasional positional tracking issue in reflex and archery games, but apart from that, WMR works fine with just about any SteamVR game, whether it's listed as supported or not.
I guess i should have added i'm using a Lenovo Explorer also with its default WMR controllers with Beat Saber. (no issues)
My favorite VR Game so far is/was Subnautica , ive played through it twice so far....love that game!

I would add simracing to this as a whole category. I have been driving in Project Cars 2 with a force feedback wheel, pedals and the Odyssey headset and it is totally immersive.

Dirt would would be great too....

I would add simracing to this as a whole category. I have been driving in Project Cars 2 with a force feedback wheel, pedals and the Odyssey headset and it is totally immersive.

Dirt would would be great too....

Once you start racing in VR it's difficult to go back to a monitor imo.

The ability to just turn your head and look at another car right next to you trying to dive bomb you on the next corner is pretty awesome.

Once you start racing in VR it's difficult to go back to a monitor imo.

The ability to just turn your head and look at another car right next to you trying to dive bomb you on the next corner is pretty awesome.
Hard to back to monitor period. Graphics look much better on monitor, but immersive qualities on a 2D screen is 0.

I think VR has the biggest potential for games where you sit in a vehicle (car, plane, startship etc) because you don't have to move, so I guess those type of games would be the best for VR.

The game i'd love to see in VR is Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Bet that would give Skyrim VR a run for it's money if done right.

The Croteam bundle is quite the bargain.

AZ Sunshine makes my 'must have' list. Pavlov is very promising, but if you are prone to VR sickness, this will do you in.

In no particular order, my Favorites so far in VR:

Beat Saber (With beatsaber mods that allow custom songs)
Budget Cuts
Job Simulator
Space Pirate Trainer
Superhot VR
Wanted Killer VR
Accounting+
Robo Recall
Megaton Rainfall

I cannot in all honesty recommend Eleven: Table Tennis VR as I use to play semi pro ping pong tournaments and it just doesn't feel like its there. Maybe I'm impartial but the tactile feedback of the ball spinning off your paddle after you hit it is missing from gameplay. Then again, its VR and I'm just expecting too much from the game.

A lot of these titles are on sale on the Steam Winter Sale so get them while they are cheap some are even 70% off retail.

Just a note: Superhot VR is $12.50 at Indiegala

I bought Arizona Sunshine; it seems ok but I'm not super enthused by it for $20...

Just a note: Superhot VR is $12.50 at Indiegala

I bought Arizona Sunshine; it seems ok but I'm not super enthused by it for $20...
Yeah, Arizona Sunshine is awesome, but not very long. :(

I just played a bit of Contractors VR. A cross between Onward and Bullets and More.
It has good potential. The maps are just awesome. Not many weapons and accessories yet. Cool that you can use a handgun with 2 hands to steady it.
I play single player, so I hope they make it better like keeping score for sides and time limits.

My favorites so far are assetto corsa, project cars 2, vox machinae (like MechWarrior be, so awesome!), house of the dying sun, and gorn

Back