Must have titles for xbox 360

wfalcon

[H]ard|Gawd
I was eyeballing one of the new slim models and was wondering which titles everyone thought was a "must have" for xbox (outside of Halo series and Red Dead).

geometry wars 2
worms 2 (if you have any friends)
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Street Fighter IV / Super Street Fighter IV
The Darkness
Dead Rising
Prototype
Forza 3

Those are really the only must haves I've played.

Honestly only game I play on my 360 is halo 3, but MW2 is pretty good too. I'm not one to play lots of games but a few games. I own currently 2 games that I play, starcraft 2 on my pc and halo 3 on xbox.

I just got a 360Slim last month too [my first 360].
I havent played a ton of titles but I would say for exclusives Forza and Gears are musts.
For non exclusives I'd say ME2, Madden and Arkham Asylum are pretty sweet titles

Street Fighter IV / Super Street Fighter IV
The Darkness
Dead Rising
Prototype
Forza 3

Those are really the only must haves I've played.

The Darkness? You mean I'm not the only person in the world who thinks its not bad (well at least from what I've played of it)?

The Darkness? You mean I'm not the only person in the world who thinks its not bad (well at least from what I've played of it)?

Its the only console based first person shooter I've ever liked. It played pretty well despite the type of game it was. Plus I rather enjoyed it. Good story, action, etc.

Bayonetta
Street Fighter 4/SS4
Xplosion man(its downloadable)
Try not to fart(downlable and funny as hell)
Pac Man Tournament edition(downloadable)

as far as fun co-op's .. aside from Gears 1&2 and Halo 3..

Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2
Army of Two 1 & 2(the 40th Day)
Lego series
Left 4 Dead 1&2
..and now my wife and I are enjoying Borderlands

we also enjoyed the (non co-op) Orange Box ..especially Portal

Its the only console based first person shooter I've ever liked. It played pretty well despite the type of game it was. Plus I rather enjoyed it. Good story, action, etc.

Its one of the few that I've enjoyed. Or rather one of the few that didn't make we want to break a controller due to how crap it is for FPS.

Dead Rising
Fable II
Lost Odyssey
Trials HD XBLA
Shadow Complex XBLA
Deathspank XBLA

Darksiders but it's coming to PC this month.
Alan Wake also sucked me in before every reviewer thought it would be cool to bash it.

Castle Crashers
Halo Wars
Forza 3
Fable 2
Shadow Complex
Mass Effect 1/2
Gears of War 1/2 (3 soon)
Monday Night Combat
Alan Wake
Bioshock 1/2
Viva Pinana : Trouble in Paradise
Tomb Raider : Guardian of the Light
Outpost Kaloki X
Rockband 1/2
Call of Duty 4
COD : Modern Warfare 2
Fallout 3
Batman : AA
Perfect Dark
Lost Planet
Crackdown 1/2
Dragon Age : Origins (+ The Awakening)
Braid
Limbo
Geometry Wars : Retro Evolved
GTAIV

Last edited:
I think some people confuse "must have titles" with "Please post a long list of game you enjoy".

dont waste yur money on halo 3, reach comes out in a few days its WAY better

Viva pinata is awesome too.

Sorry but IMO that has gotta be the biggest waste of my gaming time ever, utter shite.

Gears 2, L4D2 I'd say, having tons of fun on Bad Company 2 aswell but obviously that isn't an exclusive. Whilst I've mentioned it why the hell is CoD more popular? BC2 is by far the superior game in every aspect!

Sorry but IMO that has gotta be the biggest waste of my gaming time ever, utter shite.

Gears 2, L4D2 I'd say, having tons of fun on Bad Company 2 aswell but obviously that isn't an exclusive. Whilst I've mentioned it why the hell is CoD more popular? BC2 is by far the superior game in every aspect!

I could say the same about Gears. I'll take stuff like Viva Pinata over shit like Gears any day personally. I'd also call BC2 and L4D2 utter shit on consoles.

The guy specifically mentions games other than Halo....

And half the thread lists Halo...

/facepalm

That just shows like most threads people see the title and dont always read the OP

I'd also call BC2 and L4D2 utter shit on consoles.

Just because you can't play fps games with a pad doesn't equal a shit game!

I remember the days when I was as far up my own ass about PC versions of games too, maybe one day you'll see the light :p

Just because you can't play fps games with a pad doesn't equal a shit game!

I remember the days when I was as far up my own ass about PC versions of games too, maybe one day you'll see the light :p

Its not that I suck at console FPS its that I despise using a controller for them. If I gave enough of a shit I could get used to the controller and get good at it, but I don't and I never will. You can never convince me that controllers are anything near good for FPS.

Besides I was only calling them shit to serve as an example. I'm sure they're great on consoles, but to me they'd be shit because using a controller for FPS is shit to me.

I think some people confuse "must have titles" with "Please post a long list of game you enjoy".

I guess I should've included something along the lines of "console exclusives". A lot of the suggestions (although excellent), I've already got on PC since I'm only now venturing into the console realm. Halo and Red Dead were only brought up as I've already planned to get those.

Thanks all.

Besides I was only calling them shit to serve as an example. I'm sure they're great on consoles, but to me they'd be shit because using a controller for FPS is shit to me.

Exactly. I wouldn't wanna convince you, hell it had been a looong time since I played any fps on a PC but I played BC2 the other night and it felt 'right' but doesn't mean the 360/ps3 versions are shit tho, just feel different.

Exactly. I wouldn't wanna convince you, hell it had been a looong time since I played any fps on a PC but I played BC2 the other night and it felt 'right' but doesn't mean the 360/ps3 versions are shit tho, just feel different.

Yeah as I said I'm sure they're great, but not at all to me. Which was kind of my point to you calling Viva Pinata utter shit and attacking the guy's suggestion.

Yeah as I said I'm sure they're great, but not at all to me. Which was kind of my point to you calling Viva Pinata utter shit and attacking the guy's suggestion.

Not really, Viva Pinata is slow and tedious IMO and is a console exclusive so has no direct PC comparison. BC2 is identical gameplaywise on console and pc so calling the console version shit over the pc version is totally different to me calling VP shit. I'll blanket every RPG as utter snorefests too, total waste of my time. I'm sure you'll love that ;)

Having said all that this thread is getting derailed and I need to start playing Alan Wake at some point as everyone is raving about it :D

Last edited:
Back