Must have PS3 games for a newbie?

sed8em

2[H]4U
Just purchased a 40gb PS3 off eBay for $242 with the 35% off deal going on, and am wondering what games I should get for it, aside from the obvious MGS4.
Just purchased Resistance: Fall of Man with it too.

Anything else that makes the PS3 amazing?

I'm not a fan of sports video games, would rather go out and play the sport myself than make a little man run around on a TV and do it for me.

Uncharted, best game on either 360 or PS3.

This coming from a 360 owner (borrowed a friend's PS3 just to play it)

Uncharted is really fun
Warhawk is pretty cool after you wrap your head around the controls
Burnout Paradise "feels" better on PS3. I tried it on 360 and didn't like it but I fell in love with it on my PS3.

Ratchet and Clank I heard was good.

Heavenly Sword if you can find it for cheap.

Another vote for Uncharted. There's also Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Tekken: Dark Resurrection (PSN download), and Folklore. I just bought my PS3 recently as well, so I haven't had my hands on many games yet. Your best bet is to go nuts downloading demos from the Playstation Store.

Another vote for Uncharted. There's also Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Tekken: Dark Resurrection (PSN download), and Folklore. I just bought my PS3 recently as well, so I haven't had my hands on many games yet. Your best bet is to go nuts downloading demos from the Playstation Store.

Lol, I guess I'll probably just do that when I get it on Friday.
Just upgraded to an 8meg line, so it should be easy enough.

I watched a video of Uncharted on Gamespot, wow, looks amazing, I love the jungle style games like Far Cry and Crysis.

Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, NG: Sigma (it's better than NG2), and Resistance: Fall of Man are the best titles. All 4 are A+ titles for sure. Heavenly Sword, Motorstorm, and Folklore have also been well received. Uncharted is arguably the best game of 2007, but it's universally seen as at least ONE of the best.
If you like fighting games, Tekken Dark Resurrection Online is probably the best overall fighting game since 2000.
Those are only exclusives, though. There are a dozen or more multi-platform games that rock, too.

Seems like everyone's only listing retail games.

For PSN:
- Pixeljunk Monsters
- Super Stardust HD
- Everyday Shooter
- echochrome
- flOw

Yeah the PSN games are really good. Pixeljunk monsters, Tekken 5 online, Super stardust HD, everyday shooter, i have all those and they are great.

Uncharted, MGS4, Burnout Paradise are the retail games i have, all great.

Tekken 5 online is a must, its about the only game I play regularly. Burnout and Rockband are good choices as well.

My favs:

Resistance
Ratchet & Clank
Heavenly Sword
GTA4
MGS4
Folklore
F1 Championship
Skate
Warhawk
Virtual Fighter 5

PSN
Pixel Junk Monsters
Flow
Echochrome
Castlevania SotN

I just ordered a PS3 because of MGS4. I got 3 other games (2 as part of the wal-mart build-a-bundle, 1 + MGS4 with the wal-mart gift card) with it:

MGS4 (obviously)
Uncharted
Folklore
Ratchet & Clank

Some of the other really excellent titles (Assassin's Creed, GTA4, DMC4, etc) I already had on the 360 though.

It's a very short list...and I get all multiplatform games for 360 but..

Uncharted
Rachet and Clank
MGS4

My original reason for getting a PS3 (GT5) has now faded after buying GT5: Prologue.....even overlooking the fact that it was just an extended demo, I discovered that car collecting sims really aren't my thing anymore. No matter how many different cars they put in the final game or how pretty the graphics are (and Prologue was good but not mindblowing) I will always enjoy other style racers more. Currently: Grid:cool:

Well, it seems that Uncharted is a must have, gonna be ordering that once I get paid again for sure.
Might think about Ratchet and Clank as well.

Just got my PS3 in today, holy $#@!, Sony has a freakin winner on their hands, this thing is amazing.
It looks like a work of art sitting next to my X360.

Since we're on the topic of newbies to PS3, where the F is the MS Pro Duo slot on the 40gb PS3?
I knew it didnt have the media slots of its bigger brothers, but did they seriously cut out the Pro Duo slot too? I thought that slot was a mainstay in Sony product's...

i just picked up a ps3 and got MGS4, GTA4 and Tiger Woods 08 so I would recommend those 3

I am going to grab Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank and a racing game of some kind.

Do you guys recommend Grid or GT5 or maybe Burnout?

Since we're on the topic of newbies to PS3, where the F is the MS Pro Duo slot on the 40gb PS3?
I knew it didnt have the media slots of its bigger brothers, but did they seriously cut out the Pro Duo slot too? I thought that slot was a mainstay in Sony product's...

I think they cut the job lot out....seems a bit odd cutting it's own format but I guess it's a case of all or none.

Oh well, at least it still has WiFi and Blu-Ray, if they cut those two out they would be looney.

Uncharted that good? I played the demo and like it a bit because of it's adventure but haven't played it past that. Maybe i'll pick it up next paycheck.

Use a MS Pro Duo to MS Pro adapter?

Uncharted that good? I played the demo and like it a bit because of it's adventure but haven't played it past that. Maybe i'll pick it up next paycheck.

Yes it is. I played it in almost one sitting, couldn't put it down.

The uncharted demo really doesn't give you a feel for the story, and isn't even the best part of the action.

I should have Assassin's Creed, GTA4, and MLB The Show 08 today when I get home from work.

Those are the only three games that I've seen that look good and appeal to me. But I've been out of console gaming for the longest time. My last one was the original Playstation where I played FF7 about 6 times and still have yet to beat it.

Do you guys recommend Grid or GT5 or maybe Burnout?

Grid or Burnout. GT5 is currently a $40 demo and, like all GT games, lacks any kind of damage modeling. It's the same thing you've already played, only prettier.

Ratchet and Clank is a must have if you like platformers. It is just a great story and the graphics a rich and colorful.

It is brilliant, some of the scenes will have you grinning from ear to ear or picking your jaw from the ground.....especially if you have a big tv + decent surround sound.

Back