Must hack windows

Elf_Boy

2[H]4U
Can't type worth shit on my phone either.

My uncle passed two days ago and we need to get to his phone book and other data.

Anyone have any ideas ? I can see the sticker with the windows sn/code.

Win 7 home if he never upgraded.

-edit-

After digging into the system and finding f8 wont goto safe mode it turns out this box had been upgraded to Win 10. Which, as many know is harder to PW hack then Xp-8.1.

I do not believe it is a local password.

I will set up the box tonight and see about getting the Admin account active with one of the options below.

Last edited:
People have phone books on computers?

This is a serious question.

The other data should be easy. There are numerous ways to do it, too. A few are as follows: remove the hard drive and slave it into another system OR do a fresh install of Windows onto the same partition and tell it to save the old OS directory. These are really the easiest ways to do it, if either of those are something you are willing to undertake.

People have phone books on computers?

This is a serious question.

The other data should be easy. There are numerous ways to do it, too. A few are as follows: remove the hard drive and slave it into another system OR do a fresh install of Windows onto the same partition and tell it to save the old OS directory. These are really the easiest ways to do it, if either of those are something you are willing to undertake.

Yes this is serious.

I was thinking about both those options.

Now to find a win 7 disk. mine is 150 miles east of here.

I would visit a few PC repair shops, don't call, make it very personal and in-person and explain your current situation / dilemma and ask for help. It's not hard to get into a locked PC. Online email accounts could prove to be very difficult.

The reason you don't want to just call is it will be very easy for people to blow you off and or give you the wrong advice. In-person, I feel people will take you more to heart. I've worked in the PC arena for over 25 years. I know shops, I've had a few, and been in around dozens of 'em over the years. The advice and service you end up with can vary greatly from one shop to the next. A good skill set is also hard to come by. You want people that really do know what's going on and not some kid helping out at his Uncles shop or some slime ball that is just interested in scoring a quick $120 dollars off of you or, a lot more.

There are services that claim to be able to hack Facebook accounts. The cost is around $200 from what I've seen. There are several work around's even for Google's Gmail and wouldn't be surprised if there are services out there that could help for a fee.

Prior to visiting a shop I would find a software solution that will allow you to image the entire hard drive. You want an image. Not a backup of files. Imaging will backup everything. Backup software will sometimes just grab select files / directories and common areas. You want to do this in-case the people you get to help you screw up. It's easy to do and free. Look at Macrium Reflect. It's free, allows you to make a recovery boot CD that can restore your Uncles computer very quickly. It's also very fast. You can store the images anywhere as long as their is room for the image. I use this personally and it's a very good and super fast solution.

Another solution is to remove the hard drive from his PC and use another computer to pull off all the files. This can be done by anyone with some experience. However, I would use this as a last resort. Again, do not let just anyone do this. Lot of guys out there have their hearts in the right place and eager to help but really don't know what they are doing. I see this all the time.

Good luck.

A forensic image before making any changes. Free download is FTK Imager. Normally, I would have a hardware write blocker. FTK Imager can also mount the image.

It's been awhile, but if he isn't too computer savvy then the default admin account should be untouched.
Try booting into safemode. It should let you log in as "Administrator" without a password. use a cmd prompt and
"net.exe user administrator /active:yes" to show the admin account for normal startup

if that doesn't work then as mentioned above ntpasswd will work, you can get an easy to use bootable image from http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html

Just make a live linux cd, install ntfs3g if it doesn't already exist and voila you have full access to the computer. You can copy whatever you want and open the phone book on another computer for example.

Just make a live linux cd, install ntfs3g if it doesn't already exist and voila you have full access to the computer. You can copy whatever you want and open the phone book on another computer for example.

Provided secure boot doesn't have a shit fit.

Secure boot is win 8 and up

Secure boot is part of UEFI and is a pain in the arse.

Windows 8 and 10 support secure boot, many Linux distro's do not and many times UEFI doesn't have the functionality to disable secure boot or the option is there to disable secure boot but it doesn't fully disable it.

Thank you everyone.

The not password didn't work. I am suspecting he might have upgraded to win 10. I can always pull the drive out but prefer not to do that.

Any other thoughts?

The not password didn't work. I am suspecting he might have upgraded to win 10. I can always pull the drive out but prefer not to do that.

Any other thoughts?
If it has a plain blue boot logo and ntpasswd doesn't work then it's likely to be windows 10
http://www.howtogeek.com/222262/how-to-reset-your-forgotten-password-in-windows-10/
You'll need a win10 bootable image (usb or disc)
or there's always
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/14369/change-or-reset-windows-password-from-a-ubuntu-live-cd/

btw ntpasswd is "New Technology" not "not password", as in Windows NT

Secure boot is part of UEFI and is a pain in the arse.
Good point, and yea :)

Last edited:
We use Konboot at work to get around passwords if needed. Not sure if it does Windows 10, though.

Offline NT Password & Registry Editor works as well.

We use Konboot at work to get around passwords if needed. Not sure if it does Windows 10, though.

I have used this on 7/8/10 and it works for all. try this if you can. can I say hirens without getting in shit?

I would use a Linux boot USB OS that can read Windows partitions then copy the files you need to the USB stick.

I would use a Linux boot USB OS that can read Windows partitions then copy the files you need to the USB stick.
Yes nobody says the drive needs to be on the laptop. The OP can rip the drive off and open the drive in a proper computer without secure boot...

Can't type worth shit on my phone either.

My uncle passed two days ago and we need to get to his phone book and other data.

Anyone have any ideas ? I can see the sticker with the windows sn/code.

Win 7 home if he never upgraded.

You're telling me your locked out of his computer and phone then. You probably need to get past secure boot, which is part of efi or you could boot from a Live Linux Distro DVD preferably Linuxmint or Ubuntu in my opinion considering I know they have ntfs-3g already installed if I'm not mistaken. Then you need to either make an image of the drive with the dd command and use hexdump to manually carve the data you need from the drive or you can just use rstudio if the drive or the partition is not completely corrupted. You'll need to know the block size if you need to manually carve it with the dd command.

You're telling me your locked out of his computer and phone then. You probably need to get past secure boot, which is part of efi or you could boot from a Live Linux Distro DVD preferably Linuxmint or Ubuntu in my opinion considering I know they have ntfs-3g already installed if I'm not mistaken. Then you need to either make an image of the drive with the dd command and use hexdump to manually carve the data you need from the drive or you can just use rstudio if the drive or the partition is not completely corrupted. You'll need to know the block size if you need to manually carve it with the dd command.

Why would he need to make an image out of anything when he can just read whatever he wants from the drive using ntfs-3g? Unless the drive is encrypted of course. Then he needs to get hacking.

Why would he need to make an image out of anything when he can just read whatever he wants from the drive using ntfs-3g? Unless the drive is encrypted of course. Then he needs to get hacking.

Because you should always make a back up and never read from original.

Thank you everyone.

I am home now.

Have my uncles box.

I'll hook it up to a monitor and all that tomorrow and get to work.

I have a win 10 disk and all the helpful ideas here to work with.

This works very well. A bit of warning. This is CLI only. Read all of the options carefully. For instance, you want to "remove the password". Not "remove the user".

There are various tools for making blind copied of a HD.

They read each block/sector one by one and do this all with the drive mounted in another system rather than booting with it's own OS.

Just like all the old sector/hex copiers I used in HS on the Apple II's

Just log in to the local admin account, or create one from the recovery console. Log into that, and change his password to something else. Easy peezy

There are various tools for making blind copied of a HD.

They read each block/sector one by one and do this all with the drive mounted in another system rather than booting with it's own OS.

Just like all the old sector/hex copiers I used in HS on the Apple II's

So you're still reading from the original. The comment is ridiculous, in order to make a backup you have to read the original media.

Rip the drive out, chuck it in a dock, connect it to another PC via USB and pull the data off it.

guys wtf?! he just needs to get around a password. this isn't a data recovery situation!

It's been awhile, but if he isn't too computer savvy then the default admin account should be untouched.
Try booting into safemode. It should let you log in as "Administrator" without a password. use a cmd prompt and
"net.exe user administrator /active:yes" to show the admin account for normal startup

if that doesn't work then as mentioned above ntpasswd will work, you can get an easy to use bootable image from http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html

Did you try this? This has almost always worked for me on Windows 7 computers.

So you're still reading from the original. The comment is ridiculous, in order to make a backup you have to read the original media.

Rip the drive out, chuck it in a dock, connect it to another PC via USB and pull the data off it.

I do have a dock built into the case of my current system. As last resort I will do that.

I prefer to operate the file system intact if possible rather than having to dick around with opening files.

I do have a dock built into the case of my current system. As last resort I will do that.

I prefer to operate the file system intact if possible rather than having to dick around with opening files.

You don't need a dock. All you need is the original system intact and an external device to write the image too plus a live Linux installation disc or flash media device. You can make the flash media with disks in Linux or Win32 Image writer. If making optical media to make the live disc you can use brasero or k3b in Linux or Imageburn in Windows or CDburner XP in Windows as well.

Last edited:
hey I got an idea lets find the absolute most convoluted way possible to get around a simple account password! WTF man?!

OP don't listen to this guy. just get into the built in admin account or use offline nt password remover/hirens as mentioned above. idk what the hell this guy is going on aboot!

No you should also do it so you don't accidentally mess up or erase something on your original too.

You can't by definition mess up anything when you READ. Then again using dd it's extremely simple to accidentally wipe the whole drive.

You can't by definition mess up anything when you READ. Then again using dd it's extremely simple to accidentally wipe the whole drive.

Yes, but at least you won't mess it up in other ways and have a better chance of keeping the original source in tact if the dd command is used properly.

Yes, but at least you won't mess it up in other ways and have a better chance of keeping the original source in tact if the dd command is used properly.

It's practically impossible to mess anything up if you just read and copy files. Using dd one typo can wipe the whole drive permanently. I wouldn't mess with it unless I absolutely had to create a copy (like when the original drive is failing and data must be rescued).

Back