Musky's For Sale Thread

musky

[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2012
All prices are shipped to [H]orde members only, and are OBO.

Processors
2 - E5640 socket 1366 quad core Xeons - pm for details - $450/pair
2 - X5550 socket 1366 quad core Xeons - pm for details - $400/pair
4 - 6134 G34 eight core 2.3 GHz - $300/each

Motherboards
None right now

Heatsinks/Fans
None

Free - you cover shipping
Nothing right now

Trades - I am looking for (trade or outright sale):
Radeon 5850, 5870, 6950, or 6970 video card
AM2+/AM3 motherboard with at least 2 PCI-e slots
G34 dodeca processors
ATX motherboard trays (if you are throwing away an old case, yank the tray first and let me know)

Heat
eBay

Last edited:
You guys gotta better coordinate your sales. One week there's dual and quad G34 boards and no chips. Next week, all the chips you can ask for! No boards... ;)

Are you scaling up some bitcoin production?

With the exception of the G34 procs which I want to swap with dodecas, nothing here is currently folding anyway. As I told some when asked if I was dropping folding in favor of bitcoin, "800K ppd not good enough for you?" I have been and continue to have a blast building big multi-GPU rigs for bitcoin, but I still have three 4p G34 machine folding 24x7.

Trust me I wasn't criticizing your movements. When life hands us a way to have our equipment help pay for the power to run it we should take advantage if possible. I was curious if you were bitcoining it or boincing it. If I had an appropriate GPU I would be bitcoining it up right now.

As you know know very well optimizing the farm for good production is the smart thing to do. Bitcoin has just added one more variable in the optimization world.

Bump to see if there is any interest in the quad core Xeons before I eBay them.

Back