Musky's For Sale Thread

musky

[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2012
I am making some significant changes to my farm, so I have several machines that need to find a new home. Before everyone panics, I am NOT quitting F@H. Once the dust settles, I will be back to the same or better production levels.

Terms:
- Paypal preferred, other forms of payment considered - Please PM me with what you have in mind
- The only trades I am looking for are Opteron G34 chips, G34 HSFs, and large quantities of 1GB PC1333 DDR3 ECC memory
- Free shipping in the continental USA only. I will ship anywhere else, but you will need to pay the shipping difference and tell me how to ship.
- For [H]orde members only - please post your badge when PM'ing me.
- I will send the items after receiving payment and after the machine finishes its current WU. I'll let you know approximately when that will through PM.
- I am not looking to part out these systems at this time.
- Heat - http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=70101, eBay - http://myworld.ebay.com/sdave70/. Contact info will be provided for each sale.
- If you want to make an offer or if you have any questions, please PM me.
- All ppd numbers are from the better bigadv units (2686, 2692, 6900, 6901)
- All power consumption numbers are from a Kill-O-Watt meter

==========================================================================================================================

3 of these systems are available
EVGA SR-2 Classified
2 x Xeon L5640 Hex Core - PM for details
6 x 1GB Kingston HyperX PC2000 CAS 9 (1 available)
or
6 x 1GB Kingston HyperX PC1600 CAS 8 (2 available)
$1250 shipped

2 x Cogage True Spirit HSFs - $40 with SR-2 purchase (2 set available)
2 x Noctua NH-U9DX HSFs - $40 with SR-2 purchase (1 set available)

All run at 3.6 GHz without much issue. The memory speed does not seem to matter, either - 8-8-8-20 PC1600 is about identical to 9-9-9-24 PC2000 perfromance-wise. I have never had an issue with Kingston HyperX and SR-2s. These do 160K+ ppd each under Linux, and 130K+ ppd under Windows. They pull 475W - 525W, depending on PSU.

I have Radeon X300 video cards I will throw in with the purchase of an SR-2 or the 2600K macine (1 per system.)

=========================================================================================================================

2 x Xeon X5550 CPUs - 2.66 GHz + 2x turbo = 2.93 GHz - PM for details
$500 shipped

Last edited:
I had a strange video card fail this week, thought it was the motherboard and threatened to buy one of your SR-2's. The commander-in-wife was not amused. There was mention of taking my motorcycle (sold the car years ago). :(

PM sent on an SR-2 with L5640's and CAS-8. *dark orchid just for MIBW*

Hey, were hardcore about badge posting around here, and that applies to the regulars as much as the new guys!

:eek:

Good grief that is some serious hardware you are selling and if that is what you are selling what the heck are you buying!

It's a secret and we can't tell you, but let's just say it starts with a "G" and ends with a "irty four"

Musky also left some hints.

I am making some significant changes to my farm, so I have several machines that need to find a new home. Before everyone panics, I am NOT quitting F@H. Once the dust settles, I will be back to the same or better production levels.

(...)

- The only trades I am looking for are Opteron G34 chips, G34 HSFs, and large quantities of 1GB PC1333 DDR3 ECC memory

You all worry too much... :)

If no one is interested, I'll either sell this stuff elsewhere or keep it.

You all worry too much... :)

If no one is interested, I'll either sell this stuff elsewhere or keep it.
I was just wondering if I needed to check my couch cushions one more time for a spare $1300

Back