Musk to cut half of Twitter jobs and end remote work for the rest, report says

Status
Not open for further replies.
My apologies, it was Nicklebon, but not sure why you jumped in to defend him
I didn't see him doing that either, I saw it as and wanted to point out that the situation over there is a result of multiple actions from both sides, and not a one sided action out of the blue from a Marvel villain like caricature. It doesn't help us nor the Ukranians to have a simplistic MSM served outlook on complex historical and geopolitical happenings.

I didn't see him doing that either, I saw it as and wanted to point out that the situation over there is a result of multiple actions from both sides, and not a one sided action out of the blue from a Marvel villain like caricature. It doesn't help us nor the Ukranians to have a simplistic MSM served outlook on complex historical and geopolitical happenings.

There is no justification in my mind for invading and destroying a sovereign territory that hasn’t attacked or done anything resembling an attack. It’s pretty much as close to a marvel villain caricature as it gets. You can be sure that’s true because the war will be over as soon as one side retreats across its borders — it is a 100% optional conflict for the aggressors!

Edit: getting off topic I suppose. On topic:

Elmo has no idea what he’s doing and is destroying Twitter from the inside out. I’ll be surprised if it’s around in a year or two. It’s a net negative for humanity in my mind so Elmo is inadvertently doing the world a favor. He should buy facebook next.

This appears to be yet another example of left wing censorship to control the narrative.
1668119504488.png

ya fuck the interstate highway system
"Dissertational research by Daniel Leff Yaffe of the University of California, San Diego estimates that the output effects of building the interstate highway system has had a long-run relative multiplier of 1.8, meaning that every dollar spent on interstates has led to $1.80 of additional economic output."

Now do NHS.

There is no justification in my mind for invading and destroying a sovereign territory that hasn’t attacked or done anything resembling an attack.
Umm, there had been an active 8 year war ongoing before the attack in February. Besides, and it's tiresome that people equate this, understanding how something came to be /= justifying that something.

Umm, there had been an active 8 year war ongoing before the attack in February. Besides, and it's tiresome that people equate this, understanding how something came to be /= justifying that something.

Another unprovoked war started by the Russians you mean? Not sure how that helps your argument.

Twitter was doing so great they had to force him to buy it to get rid of it.

Yep. If he knew what he was doing he never would have had to buy it in the first place. It’s a dumpster fire and he overpaid like 3x for it. Fail all around.

Yep. If he knew what he was doing he never would have had to buy it in the first place. It’s a dumpster fire and he overpaid like 3x for it. Fail all around.
I don't know. The endless kwetching made it worth it.

People love receiving stuff others have paid for...news at 11!
Everyone pays for it, the wealthy should be pay more they've benefited the most from society.
"Dissertational research by Daniel Leff Yaffe of the University of California, San Diego estimates that the output effects of building the interstate highway system has had a long-run relative multiplier of 1.8, meaning that every dollar spent on interstates has led to $1.80 of additional economic output."

Now do NHS.

You're really arguing against the IHS? Come on dude. I'm sure if we never would've done it our country would be so much better off. Even the paper you linked doesn't argue against the investment we had for the IHS.

People love receiving stuff others have paid for...news at 11!
"Other people's money" Remind me, who uses most of societies resources again, is it the heads of large corporations or the workers? They should pay more in taxes the benefit the most, also, they're not making much without a healthy labor force.

I said it was left wing censorship. And how is official government testimony fake news?

It’s not, I wasn’t commenting on that story specifically. More that trying to paint facebook as some kind of left wing haven is absurd — that’s not their target audience. I have to assume this guy is lying about why he was banned or it was a mistake. They’re still dealing with billions of users after all

Everyone pays for it, the wealthy should be pay more they've benefited the most from society.

You're really arguing against the IHS? Come on dude. I'm sure if we never would've done it our country would be so much better off. Even the paper you linked doesn't argue against the investment we had for the IHS.
No, I'm arguing against the UK NHS.
"Other people's money" Remind me, who uses most of societies resources again, is it the heads of large corporations or the workers? They should pay more in taxes the benefit the most, also, they're not making much without a healthy labor force.
The goalpost is so far now I can't even see it.

It’s not, I wasn’t commenting on that story specifically. More that trying to paint facebook as some kind of left wing haven is absurd — that’s not their target audience. I have to assume this guy is lying about why he was banned or it was a mistake. They’re still dealing with billions of users after all
I didn't say any of that. Maybe you should read before you reply? The person runs a conservative talk show and relies on facebook for money...and is constantly being censored for opposing left wing views.

Elmo has no idea what he’s doing and is destroying Twitter from the inside out. I’ll be surprised if it’s around in a year or two. It’s a net negative for humanity in my mind so Elmo is inadvertently doing the world a favor. He should buy facebook next.
Can we at least all agree on this. We can all go back to assuming most people are stupid and not have to see it be proven everyday on social media.

I am trying to understand your point. Do really believe that there was no partisan abuse in the way Twitter was moderated before?

I don't think so. They don't want hate speech on their platform, that's their business. It's not the lefts' fault that the majority of the trash that had to be moderated was from the right. But to the Right, facts are only a minor inconvenience anymore. They lie right to your face with all of the conviction of a tele-evangelist. Human's are too easily brainwashed. Self destruction or at least a civil war are the only outcomes from the current climate where lies are truth and truth are lies. Right wildly believes that the election was stolen, all while they cheat and draw gerrymandered districts that keep them in power even where they are in the minority.

Last edited:
THey don't want hate speech on their platform, that's their business.

Which of these unspeakable-on-Twitter statements constitutes hate speech?

Twitter intervened, on behalf of the US government (and probably others, too) to suppress tweets with content along the lines of "Ukraine violated the terms of the Minsk Agreements and attacked Russia," "Hunter Biden's laptop is real and the implications are terrifying," and "Conventional medicines are effective at the coronavirus." <-- I'm not discussing these, I'm using them as examples of suppressed speech by Twitter.*

I really wish the right wing conspiracy theories and nut job posts would keep themselves to the soapbox. That's why it's there - and conveniently, makes it super easy to avoid at the same time!
It's funny to see Musk continue to mess this up so badly. I'm really interested in how much they're messing up their consent decree now. Musk already has shown he won't follow laws until forced, but, unlike the SEC, the FTC generally doesn't screw around with things at all (see all the fines against Facebook and Twitter recently). The whole idea of "self-certifying" by developers is... insanely laughable at best. Any developer that stands up and does that is going to be on the hook for criminal charges.

I really wish the right wing conspiracy theories and nut job posts would keep themselves to the soapbox. That's why it's there - and conveniently, makes it super easy to avoid at the same time!
It's funny to see Musk continue to mess this up so badly. I'm really interested in how much they're messing up their consent decree now. Musk already has shown he won't follow laws until forced, but, unlike the SEC, the FTC generally doesn't screw around with things at all (see all the fines against Facebook and Twitter recently). The whole idea of "self-certifying" by developers is... insanely laughable at best. Any developer that stands up and does that is going to be on the hook for criminal charges.
This is a debunked left wing conspiracy theory.

And by hate speech, you mean anything that the left doesn't like or doesn't even want to be true despite it being true.

So I'm assuming you think Twitter's study where it concluded that it actually gave a bigger megaphone to the right is completely fabricated

Truth and freedom is conservatives Herman Cain'ing themselves and trying to treat drowning in their own lungs by eating their pet's Heartgard

This is a debunked left wing conspiracy theory.
What is? The consent decree?
It's right here if you want to read it: https://www.ftc.gov/sites/default/files/documents/cases/2010/06/100624twitteragree.pdf
and here's a fine Twitter got just a few months ago from violating it: https://www.ftc.gov/business-guidan...allegedly-breaking-its-privacy-promises-again

Where's your data / proof of conspiracy? Just shouting "IT'S A LEFT WING CONSPIRACY THEORY" only makes you look like a fool, when the truth is easily proven out.

Well, this has been a fun thread to watch.

I expect that Musk will no longer be in control of twitter by 2023.

Whether that's because someone else buys it, or it goes bankrupt is pretty much up to him.

This week has, by far, been the funniest Twitter has ever been though. I don't even tweet and there's been nothing but gold on that site since Musk took over. I wish I could manage something that poorly. It takes skill.

What is? The consent decree?
It's right here if you want to read it: https://www.ftc.gov/sites/default/files/documents/cases/2010/06/100624twitteragree.pdf
and here's a fine Twitter got just a few months ago from violating it: https://www.ftc.gov/business-guidan...allegedly-breaking-its-privacy-promises-again

Where's your data / proof of conspiracy? Just shouting "IT'S A LEFT WING CONSPIRACY THEORY" only makes you look like a fool, when the truth is easily proven out.
Just shouting "it's a debunked right wing conspiracy theory" is what the left wing is doing.

Well, this has been a fun thread to watch.

I expect that Musk will no longer be in control of twitter by 2023.

Whether that's because someone else buys it, or it goes bankrupt is pretty much up to him.

This week has, by far, been the funniest Twitter has ever been though. I don't even tweet and there's been nothing but gold on that site since Musk took over. I wish I could manage something that poorly. It takes skill.

Rarely have we been so blessed to see someone footgun themselves on such a level

His email is the perfect example of how unbelievably fucked he is. They need 10 million subscribers just to pay the interest on the loan... and immediately roll out a fucking disaster that blew up in their face exactly like everyone thought it would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back