Musician’s White Noise YouTube Video Hit with Copyright Complaints

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
A music technologist in Australia is facing five copyright infringement claims for uploading a self-generated video of white noise. Apparently, certain publishers of white noise intended for sleep therapy believe that they own this type of random signal.

“I ‘created’ and uploaded the video in question. The video was created by generating a noise waveform of 10 hours length using the freeware software Audacity and the built-in noise generator. The resulting 10-hour audio file was then imported into ScreenFlow, where the text was added and then rendered as one 10-hour video file,” he explains.

Uh. Pre existing work? Wtf? Oh it's a bot going hog wild.

The same "AI" that going to take all our jobs no doubt. Another AI flagged one of the files installed with Adobe Acrobat Reader as malicious and nuked it on every PC in our enterprise recently. Appears that it is easier and/or cheaper to let AI run amok and apologize to paying customers than to have an actual human oversee the process.

If I record an Am Penatonic on my Les Paul, loop it for 10 hrs I can copyright that shit? Then, If any artist that uses the Am Penatonic or notes from it in any song I can claim Copyright Infringement? Such bullshit.

Copyright, patent, and trademark laws have not merely hopped over the shark but have instead achieved escape velocity.

Uh. Pre existing work? Wtf? Oh it's a bot going hog wild. I swear YouTube has so much screwed up. I don't feel bad at all skipping ads.

When you skip/block ads, YouTube doesn't get fucked, the content creators do.

Youtube just has to monetize each false copyright claim and bann tose that report too many false claims

That is what you are programmed to believe. The ad companies love you.

It doesn't have anything to do with programming and everything to do with revenue. You really think Youtube is prepared to lose anything over an ad you don't wanna watch?

Back