Mushkin vs. Crucial

Anyone have any thoughts on these two companies? found a couple modules online i wanna buy and was wondering if Crucial was worth the extra $60. I just bought some Crucial memory for my laptop and it works great now. i just dont know if there are certain companies who have a better rep for putting out less defective modules cuz i dont wanna go through the hassle of returning to an online vendor. it seems that defective ram is quite a common thing which kinda scares me...

Crucial is supposed to be "apple approved" memory. I would just go with Crucial.

I wouldn't buy anyplace except OWC. I have probably purchased 100GB of memory from them for various Macs I've had. Always awesome.

They should be the same price (or within a dollar or two) on sites like NewEgg.

I've used Corsair for all my Mac upgrades and never had a problem. I just double checked to make sure that the specs were completely the same.

I bought crucial for my old Mac Mini and my Macbook Pro. Has always worked great, and I'll be buying it for my new MBP (as soon as WWDC rolls around....)

Corsair sells "Mac Memory." Memory specifically labeled for macs. I bought the Corsair DDR3 Mac memory for my MBP and have had no issue.

I bought GSkill memory twice now for my Mac, and they to worked very well. Just because Apple uses the so called approved memory from Crucial, does not mean other brands are no good or not as good...

Theres no difference as long as the speed and voltages are the same. "Apple approved" is just marketing crap.

Theres no difference as long as the speed and voltages are the same. "Apple approved" is just marketing crap.

I'm not saying other memory won't work, just that Crucial has been used and tested more with Macs, that's not to say you can't use Corsair or whichever brand is cheapest.

Bottom line is that you can't really go wrong with either Mushkin or Crucial. Both are solid brands.

Corsair sells "Mac Memory." Memory specifically labeled for macs. I bought the Corsair DDR3 Mac memory for my MBP and have had no issue.

I agree with the other guy though, it doesn't have to be "mac" labeled. If the RAM is the right speed and timings are correct, it should work.

Back