Mushkin ram 2 x 2g

I did not run a search on the forum, I found what appears to be your site with google.

I have never used mushkin before so I am a tad leary, I also noticed your processor is an amd, but onboard memory controller vs bridge will probably have different results. (yes a good review).

Since I use a c2d and want to see a quadcore in action, I wanted to check with other users.

Also, I wanted to know if anyone had any issues - say failure rate - cant oc with intel - customer service licks nads....

I am looking to make the jump to quadcore when the price dives in a few weeks and am now playing around with vista ultimate - so what the heck, I should just jump on 4 gigs of ram.

Thanks your review was quite good and appreciated.

they're new enough that nobody really has any idea what kind of abuse they take. ontop of that... 2x2gb. hardly anybody is using it cause nobody needs it yet :p

mushkin has been around for a while though, and from what i've seen, the support is generally pretty good. they used to have one or two pr guys browse the forums here, but i haven't seen them in a while.

also, P35's memory controller seems to be "better" at overclocking than AM2's, but i do suspect that my kit was a bit above average ;)

when running bf2142 on vista I am running very near 2 gigs - see sig for details.

I am looking for ram that has some ability to oc. I have read 2 x 2gig kits have a better chance of not having issues - so now I am researching these kits.

I am getting a quadcore intel soon, and I have read that the new intel chipset can handle oc'ing better than other chipsets for quadcore ( I'll try my current mb first - see sig).

I figure, go quadcore - go 4 gigs of ram at same time, why not? When the new games come out later this year - I am ready for smooth gameplay.

just remember that memory speed has a relatively minimal impact on overall performance.. like in the 2-3% range, at most :p

I too am looking into 2 x 2GB kit from Mushkin. Being a photoshop user the more ram the better for me.

I was thinking of this kit:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146692

...one of my primary concerns is overclocking. I'll be using this in a new rig with p35 board and e6550 C2D. I'd like a nice overclock but I'm not concerned about pushing things too hard. If the first review on egg is any indication this ram might actually be a good choice...

I ended up ordering the kit with 5-4-4-12 settings. I read that it uses the same IC as the other more costly Mushkin kits - I read on the mushkin forums. I'll recieve the ram on Monday.

I really like Mushkins lately and the mem you ordered had soem nice reviews. Customer service from them has been very good from them in one instance that i needed them as well.

Good luck, you'll have fun with these i believe!

Back