Mushkin pc3200 c2

not sure, but i would suspect hynix or poor tccd.
iddqd, help me out here, you know more about this stuff than i do :p

They're probably Hynix D4/5garbage, could also be Samsung TCB3 or TCCC. You never know, really.., although the newer revesions (starting with last week) of Mushkin Blue line (CL2 pc3200 ones) are Winbond "UTT" CH-5... same chips as OCZ VX that is. Notice that the product is called blue, and it is not necessarily the heatspreader color.

Yeah, people are finding it to be UTT memory. There's a thread about this in this subforum and I think at xtremesystems.org. I think it's worth a shot for only $63. I got some TwinMOS that should get here monday for my own UTT adventure.

That's not this memory, though. The ones the use UTT are the "blue line" ones. These are just regular, judging by the descriptions.

iddqd said:
There's a non-blue line part with the same specs too. Go figure.

But the part number here is the same, that's what makes me believe it is the Blue Line.

yup, and we should know within a few days :D
put up a post when you've got the ram in and tested baron?

side note: sorry about helping drag this off-topic :p

(cf)Eclipse said:
yup, and we should know within a few days :D
put up a post when you've got the ram in and tested baron?

side note: sorry about helping drag this off-topic :p

Yeah, I'll put up a lengthly review of the memory once I get it and finish tweaking it. Unfortunately, I'll be limited by my CPU's memory controller and 3.2-3.3v, but that should be enough to give a general idea for what people can expect with it.

here we go...black pcb
mushkin21nd.jpg

mushkin17il.jpg

SPD @ 2.6V
mushkinspd2el.jpg

pretty nice for 3.1v.
though out of curiosity, how'd you get the ram so fast? :D

curios that the ic's are blank. you'd think they'd at least put mushkin on it.

iddqd said:
Guess they got lazy.
For the price, mushkin not even bother. It will be gone soon and replaced with something new. I think frye/outpost just a market test.

Probably could hit that. My sticks can do DDR500 3.2v with my enermax blower fan blowing in their general direction (a few errors in memtest without the fan, 0 with the fan.) If I modded my PSU and maybe got ramsinks or setup a more elaborate cooling solution (I'd get a new PSU altogether if I did that,) I bet I could hit 265 if my memory controller didnt absolutely refuse it.

interesting trfc. though i guess it varies with everyone, i get slightly better scores with it as low as i can get it. which is normally 10.

nice to know that 2-2-2 is worth about 65mhz over looser timings in benches :D
(notes that i can do 2.5-2-2 semi-reliably at 250mhz. yay ballistix)

Back