MultiSync FP1350X 22" CRT accepts both analog and digital signals

There is an image restore function that failed to get rid of it. I played with the settings of the color temps, bias, gains but no effect. The tint is not present when on the desktop. It's only apparent when playing videos or games. The only other option have is to open the case and adjust the G2 pots. Perhaps G2 is too high?
if i understood correclly, the purple tint is not present when on the windows desktop, and only apparent when playing videos or games. then maybe seems to be an issue reather related to a software issue? maybe some video card control panel settings affecting color in videos and games?

if i understood correclly, the purple tint is not present when on the windows desktop, and only apparent when playing videos or games. then maybe seems to be an issue reather related to a software issue? maybe some video card control panel settings affecting color in videos and games?
Correct. The color cast is not present while on the desktop; only when playing a video or gaming; especially during scenes with much black or greys.

UPDATE: I tried using different pc with a different video card and got the same result. Don't think this is a video card or driver issue.

Update: I was able to correct the issue using the Nvidia Control Panel color settings. Colors are now spot on and the purple tint is now gone. That said, I wrote down all the settings I used within Nvidia Control Panel and will try to replicate this using the color settings in the monitor itself. I view the NVCP fix as temporary and don't want to rely on software to keep my monitor looking the way it should.

Last edited:
There isn't an equivalent control on the display? RGB Gain and Bias or such?

Uh... not to be that guy - you got it working it seems but you shouldn't have to touch any of the NV color controls. Can you give a full detail of your setup? What video card, how are you connected, etc.? Let's start from there. Easiest way to see if you have a monitor problem is if the OSD menu looks weird. What colors do the OSD screens use?

Uh... not to be that guy - you got it working it seems but you shouldn't have to touch any of the NV color controls. Can you give a full detail of your setup? What video card, how are you connected, etc.? Let's start from there. Easiest way to see if you have a monitor problem is if the OSD menu looks weird. What colors do the OSD screens use?
OSD looks fine. I hear you on the fact I shouldn't have to play with the NVCP in order to get my monitor looking correct. I'm working with the OSD settings now trying to duplicate the results I got with NVCP. The standard 9500k 6500k and 5000k settings don't produce the results I'm looking for. There must be an issue with the monitor considering that I can't get rid of that purple tint within normal OSD settings.

Setup

ASUS RTX 3060 Ti using Displayport to VGA converter from DeLOCK 87730

Last edited:
OSD looks fine. I hear you on the fact I shouldn't have to play with the NVCP in order to get my monitor looking correct. I'm working with the OSD settings now trying to duplicate the results I got with NVCP. The standard 9500k 6500k and 5000k settings don't produce the results I'm looking for. There must be an issue with the monitor considering that I can't get rid of that purple tint within normal OSD settings.

Setup

ASUS RTX 3060 Ti using Display port to VGA converter from DeLOCK 87730

Screenshots of the OSD please. Have you tried another cable? Another input?

Thanks. But I also just realised that the authentic effect requires a screen running in 480 interlaced mode even though it is receiving 240p, which causes it to skip every second drawn line. 240p on 480p just gets integer scaled like it would on normal flatscreen. I think... 🤔
Here's a screenshot of unit running 320x240@85hz

Attachments

• qqqqq.JPG
    qqqqq.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: MaZa
like this
Screenshots of the OSD please. Have you tried another cable? Another in

I meant from your camera of it with the osd active. Sorry I wasn’t clearer.
I've tried multiple cables. The tint is now gone by dialing in the settings in the RGB bias and gain menus. I am no longer relying on the NVCP.

Attachments

• 20221203_165952.jpg
    20221203_165952.jpg
    339.3 KB · Views: 0
The grey bar at the top of the Hardocp page was once purple. The camera doesn't show it well but all of the purple tint from the grays and blacks is gone.

Attachments

• 20221203_170314.jpg
    20221203_170314.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 1
I've tried multiple cables. The tint is now gone by dialing in the settings in the RGB bias and gain menus. I am no longer relying on the NVCP.
What are your RGB values - can you move over to the screen and show us? Green looks a little weak to my eyes in those shots but everything seems nice and focused.

And that fixed it? I’d say you’re fine then and probably have plenty of range to calibrate and dial it in. Congratulations. It’s a swell monitor.
It's fixed! I've got my other crt sitting right next to it and the images are almost identical now; granted the OSD settings are quite different. I'm happy though....thought for a moment I was going to have to return her. Thanks for the assist.

BTW, she does do 240p at 85hz via analog. Not sure if that's what the other poster was looking for.

It's fixed! I've got my other crt sitting right next to it and the images are almost identical now; granted the OSD settings are quite different. I'm happy though....thought for a moment I was going to have to return her. Thanks for the assist.

BTW, she does do 240p at 85hz via analog. Not sure if that's what the other poster was looking for.
Can you take it down to 60hz? I'm actually kind of surprised because at 85hz you're looking at a scanrate of 20 Khz. Assuming this is 320x240? Most CRT PC monitors can't go below 31.5 Khz.

EDIT - something fishy is going on. That product datasheet you posted on the OP lists 31.5 Khz as the bottom end of the scan range. You sure your computer isn't doing something fishy? What mode does the monitor say it's in when it's displaying this?

I'm away from my desk but I posted a screenshot of her running 320x240. I'll try again in the morning to run 60hz and also confirn the res and refresh in the OSD. Unfortunately though when i run 240p it only does it one to one on my screen. Even when forced via NVCP to stretch full screen it won't do it.

Last edited:
I'm working with the OSD settings now trying to duplicate the results I got with NVCP.
This the wrong way to go about it if I understand you correctly.

You said you only got the purple tint in games, not on the desktop?

That clearly points to a software problem, not a monitor problem. Because your monitor has no way to tell whether you playing a video game or doing stuff on the desktop.

My guess is Nvidia was switching to a weird color scheme for fullscreen programs.

Now I'm curious, after you've been messing with the monitors colors via OSD, whether other things, like say a PS4, PS5, Dreamcast, etc., are going to have bad colors when you hook them up directly

Reactions: Xar
like this
This the wrong way to go about it if I understand you correctly.

You said you only got the purple tint in games, not on the desktop?

That clearly points to a software problem, not a monitor problem. Because your monitor has no way to tell whether you playing a video game or doing stuff on the desktop.

My guess is Nvidia was switching to a weird color scheme for fullscreen programs.

Now I'm curious, after you've been messing with the monitors colors via OSD, whether other things, like say a PS4, PS5, Dreamcast, etc., are going to have bad colors when you hook them up directly
If it's a software problem then why do I get the same purple tint when switching to another laptop using integrated graphics? No Nvidia software installed on that unit.

If it's a software problem then why do I get the same purple tint when switching to another laptop using integrated graphics? No Nvidia software installed on that unit.
Then you should have been getting a purple tint on the desktop too. Maybe you just weren't noticing it as strongly there for whatever reason.

Using grayscale tests like this will make sure you don't have any off-hues in the image: http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/gradient.php

Thanks for the input.

Update: I did a complete cleanup and reinstall of the latest Nvidia drivers and wala! She's displaying all color temps from 5000 to 9300k PERFECTLY! No tint anywhere to be found. Enhanced Interrogator much appreciated for your input along with all of you. Contrast is sitting at 90 with brightness at 55 and she's spot on. I am not joking when I say this is the best looking crt in terms of image I've ever owned. Text quality is sharp! Colors are vivid but natural! Blacks are black! I want another one of these yesterday!!!!!!

Last edited:
Well guys I sold her. :( I'm moving from Fl back up north for a new job that will earn me a second federal pension after 10 years of service. I don't know where I'll be living for the first month and can't take all of my crt's with me. She went to a great home and the buyer seemed like a true lover of the technology. Alas, I may finally have to make the move to OLED.

Well guys I sold her. :( I'm moving from Fl back up north for a new job that will earn me a second federal pension after 10 years of service. I don't know where I'll be living for the first month and can't take all of my crt's with me. She went to a great home and the buyer seemed like a true lover of the technology. Alas, I may finally have to make the move to OLED.
What the fuuuu… already? At least it’ll be enjoyed. Not by me though. Lol

Back