Multiplier won't go below 8x!

lamboman

Gawd
Hey guys,
I have a P5K-E Wifi AP and an E4300. I can't get the multiplier below 8x, as it won't boot. Also, I can't do 400mhz FSB at 1.2v (FSB), though it might be a hole there. Please give advice. Thanks!

Hey guys,
I have a P5K-E Wifi AP and an E4300. I can't get the multiplier below 8x, as it won't boot. Also, I can't do 400mhz FSB at 1.2v, though it might be a hole there. Please give advice. Thanks!

My e4300 wouldn't do 8x anything either, nor reach 400FSB with 9x. No experience with your motherboard, but wanted to share similar experience.

Damn then, I guess I might have to put that down to bad luck. It doesn't matter much, it is at 2.8ghz on the stock cooler anyway, and I might keep it there as it runs nice and cool and stable.

Thanks for the reply!

More suggestions welcome lol.

Hi again guys, I thought that I would bump this thread back up. The problem continues as I updated my BIOS, and the following happens when the overclock fails:
1. No boot into Windows
2. No output through IO ports (no keyboard, mouse, or anything) and no graphics card output.
3. When I try to reboot to recover (using the typical Asus CPR, turn off power supply, turn back on, and boot) it doesn't work.

Help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

PS: I managed to get the thing stable at 2.8ghz for a while, but left it at that, and now want more. Now 2.8ghz doesn't even work. (350x8, 1.265 vcore)

Done and done. It happens when I actually lower the multiplier, doesn't matter at all what the clocks are. It also did it just now trying to install Ubuntu. At the moment I am thinking faulty motherf***er motherboard.

Back