Multiplicity Professional Half-Price on Stardock

arentol

2[H]4U
If you have multiple PCs with monitors near each other and have never seen this program, well, you need to see it now since it is on sale for $19.99.

Just go to link below, select "Buy now" and then select the Pro version, price will drop to $19.99 in your cart.

http://www.stardock.com/products/multiplicity/index.asp

It allows you to seamlessly control up to 7 PCs on the same network at one time with a single mouse and keyboard. You literally just drag your mouse to the edge of your desktop and it goes straight to the other PC just like you have extended desktop to that monitor. Since it is the pro version it also allows you to copy and paste between PCs. I just bought it today and am using it right now to control my wifes PC. Gonna set it up for my work PCs tomorrow. :)

How is this better than synergy or input director?

its FAR superior to synergy. It doesnt fuck up all the time like synergy does. I dont care of synergy is free. Its maintained constantly by stardock(which makes quality products).

The not fucking up like synergy does(eg clipboard, keyboard chars, etc ,etc e,tc) is worth price of admission.

I cant speak in regards to input director.

its FAR superior to synergy. It doesnt fuck up all the time like synergy does. I dont care of synergy is free. Its maintained constantly by stardock(which makes quality products).

The not fucking up like synergy does(eg clipboard, keyboard chars, etc ,etc e,tc) is worth price of admission.

I cant speak in regards to input director.

How do you really feel about synergy? Don't hold back.... =)

I haven't had any issues with Synergy Plus: http://code.google.com/p/synergy-plus/

I'm sorry I'm just struggling to figure out how this software is worth $20 when Synergy Plus and Input Director both do the same thing for free.

EDIT: If there was an OS X and Linux version it would be more appealing to me.

I picked it up, seems like a good price, and Impulse is cool, if it works as advertised and works with UltraMon I am a happy camper.

I've never had any problems with Synergy except over shoddy WiFi connections... lol.

Yeah, Synergy has worked great for me. Every rare once in a while, the copy/paste didn't transfer, but other than that it works great on WinXP <-> Vista and Vista <-> Win7.

Didn't know about Synergy Plus... interesting.

ive also been using synergy plus before i finally bought multiplicity. Between linux/x64 win7/win2k8 R2

Pretty much every couple days, id start having bogus characters coming up instead of my keys pressed, clipboard stop working, or typing not working at all on one screen. Finally put on multiplicity and havent had an issue since. Most people in this office use Synergy Plus as well and seem to always have an issue off and on with it.

Bought it and will try it out, about to setup a multi computer/multi display and need something to cut back on keyboards. thanx!

HOLY )*&$) , Synergy+ is frickin' awesome. Just recovered some major desk space. If Synergy+ starts screwing up I will look into Input Director. The best thing about Synergy+ is that it is multi-platform. SWEET!!!!!

I got Multiplicity, so should I use that an Synergy ? or just one? How does the file transfer stuff work? I use my own network shares for that? Though the clipboard thingy is nifty. Lastly, should I look into Input Director? I bought Multiplicity on Impulse (lol no pun intended) because seems like a perfect solution for my file server, which sits next to my PC anyhow, and its monitor is next to my workstation.

Does anyone know if any of these will work with a vpn. I tried multiplicity demo and once I connect to a vpn on the secondary, the multiplicity connection is lost. Any solutions to this?

Not sure about VPN connection but to anyone comparing this to synergy, this program runs seamless on all my systems and is leaps and bounds ahead in terms of quality. I ran synergy for 10 minutes and had nothing but issues.

This program is worth every penny!

Does anyone know if any of these will work with a vpn. I tried multiplicity demo and once I connect to a vpn on the secondary, the multiplicity connection is lost. Any solutions to this?

You need to have your VPN set up to do split tunneling. Split tunneling allows you to use resource on your local network while you are connect via VPN. In most circumstances your company has to allow this policy on their VPN server.

For a bit of a contrasting view, I've used synergy five days a week, over eight hours a day, for the past five years with no issues. I use it at work with a 3 monitor configuration; left is linux, middle and right are a multimonitor windows desktop.

I just found out myself about the synergy+ fork a couple of months ago, I'm using that now.

I certainly wouldn't pay for stardock's version.

Back