Multiple Wireless Connections?

l3ender

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey guys, I've always wondered about this, and I'm not sure where to look for information on something such as this. I have a laptop with a built-in wireless card, and I also have a wireless card/adapter. I'm wondering about the best options I have for this...to use both? I have a Netgear router and the adapter is also Netgear...does this make any difference? Would I see any improvement in using both cards at the same time for this router? What if the router was not a Netgear router?

I realize I didn't explain this the best...if you have questions please ask me to clarify.

Hey guys, I've always wondered about this, and I'm not sure where to look for information on something such as this. I have a laptop with a built-in wireless card, and I also have a wireless card/adapter. I'm wondering about the best options I have for this...to use both? I have a Netgear router and the adapter is also Netgear...does this make any difference? Would I see any improvement in using both cards at the same time for this router? What if the router was not a Netgear router?

I realize I didn't explain this the best...if you have questions please ask me to clarify.

The short answer is no.

The long answer is that you would need some way to bond the two interfaces, and then when you even do that you would still be the same because the more wireless clients on a wireless access points is the number of times the connection speed is divided between clients. So your answer is no.

Unless you want to use one to bridge with a wired network. No

Back