Multiple switchable taskbars

Talon

2[H]4U
I'm looking for a utility that will allow me to have multiple taskbars in Windows XP and let me switch between them.

Basically, I often have to have multiple windows open at once, including several browser intances, and when I get several open at once I can't tell which is which. I'm looking for something so that I can have one bar with the stuff I normally have open, and another for specific browser windows.

I think I've seen something like this before, with up and down arrows on the taskbar right next to the system tray.

Anyone know of one and where I could get it?

I'm currently using the MSVDM Powertoy, for multiple virtual desktops, but that's a bit awkward and more than I need.

nvidia have summing like that in their drivers
also i know many have adn proly will say this

ever thought abt a TABBED browser?

On dual monitors I drag my task bar to the left side of the screen instead of the bottom, and then expand it enough to read about 20-25 characters of each taskbar item's description. There's still plenty of screen real-estate between the two monitors, and the task bar can now stack about 30 items vertically without running out of space. It works very well to overcome exactly what you are describing without making things overly complicated either.

Also, the power toys alt-tab task switcher replacement is a great tool to help figure out exactly which window you are switching to. You should check it out:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Look for taskswitch.exe in the list on the right-hand side of the screen....

eeyrjmr said:
ever thought abt a TABBED browser?

Yes, I use Firefox whenever I can, however for compatibility reasons, I need to use IE for 90% of what I access at work.

rcolbert said:
Also, the power toys alt-tab task switcher replacement is a great tool to help figure out exactly which window you are switching to. You should check it out:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Look for taskswitch.exe in the list on the right-hand side of the screen....

I have it, but there is a several second delay when rendering the preview image on my work laptop. It takes to long just to flip back and forth between two windows repeatedly. :(

Back