Multiple EVGA 1080 ti’s in stock at MSRP

I have been moving to eBay. (3 x VEGA 64's, 1 x Vega 56, 2 x 1080 ti's, 2 x 1080 and soon some 1070 ti's)

Selling on ebay you have to factor in about %13 off the total sale price, then whether you offered free shipping or charged for it. Which is why prices on eBay are EXTRA higher to compensate for the F'n fee's. Which is why I tried selling here for a discount, but unlike ebay, the forums turn into ethics discussions etc, and your crowd is limited. Forums are great for finding "deals". But GPU's today, there are no "deals" to be had, outside of finding MSRP.

I have been moving to eBay. (3 x VEGA 64's, 1 x Vega 56, 2 x 1080 ti's, 2 x 1080 and soon some 1070 ti's)
Selling on ebay you have to factor in about %13 off the total sale price, then whether you offered free shipping or charged for it.

More like 18% when you factor in ebay, paypal, and shipping. This depends on your account though. I'm talking about the generic seller account.

Selling on ebay you have to factor in about %13 off the total sale price, then whether you offered free shipping or charged for it.

Where you snagging the Vega 64's? I was able to order 3 1080ti's at MSRP but no luck so far with Vega 64(well without paying $1200+ for them..)

More like 18% when you factor in ebay, paypal, and shipping. This depends on your account though. I'm talking about the generic seller account.
Not that high. eBay takes a flat %10 for final value fee. So if you sell for $1000, they get $100 you get $900 in your paypal. Then paypal takes their normal ~%3 from your $900, so your left with about $870 after said and done. Then you may have to pay an additional $20 or so to pay for shipping, or if your smart you add shipping costs on top of the item to compensate. Sure they charge fee's on that as well, but it pans out basically. So in the end Someone is "willing" to pay $1000 for something you only see $870 of.

I opened a store front at one point in time when I had multiple items to sell, but I found that I really did not save that much on fee's in the end.
Where you snagging the Vega 64's? I was able to order 3 1080ti's at MSRP but no luck so far with Vega 64(well without paying $1200+ for them..)
They were early on purchases. When Vega was being shat on after release, there was a period of time you could readily find them for MSRP, even with game codes. I snapped up a few then and sat on them. I haven't seen anything lately, outside of newegg selling the Vega 64 Devil for something like 1300/1400. Taking all the fun out of the hunt.

Not that high. eBay takes a flat %10 for final value fee. So if you sell for $1000, they get $100 you get $900 in your paypal. Then paypal takes their normal ~%3 from your $900, so your left with about $870 after said and done. Then you may have to pay an additional $20 or so to pay for shipping, or if your smart you add shipping costs on top of the item to compensate. Sure they charge fee's on that as well, but it pans out basically. So in the end Someone is "willing" to pay $1000 for something you only see $870 of.

I opened a store front at one point in time when I had multiple items to sell, but I found that I really did not save that much on fee's in the end.

They were early on purchases. When Vega was being shat on after release, there was a period of time you could readily find them for MSRP, even with game codes. I snapped up a few then and sat on them. I haven't seen anything lately, outside of newegg selling the Vega 64 Devil for something like 1300/1400. Taking all the fun out of the hunt.

The one thing about Ebay that I don't understand is why there is no way to include a surcharge for insurance. If you sell an item for 1k the insurance and signature usually amount to ~$10 so you either way overestimate shipping weight to cover that or just eat it. It makes no sense.

Yeah, I hear that. For these items I always add insurance and sig conf. I am finding, at least here in the U.S., $25 ~ has been pretty good for me to cover a package valued at about $1000. If it's over, I cover the difference myself. I just do a flat shipping charge, same cost to everyone.

I find USPS tends to be cheaper for distance, and UPS is better at shorter distances.

For Ebay seller protection always add insurance and signature confirmation or else the scammers take advantage of you. Signature confirmation is required by paypal for items over $750 or else they always take the buyers side.

I sold 8 1080s on ebay 10 days ago for $700 each before things really blew up. I opened a store front and it dropped my fees from 10% to 5.5% + paypal and shipping. $70 fee was dropped to $43 per card and the storefront for one month was $24 i think.

I sold 8 1080s on ebay 10 days ago for $700 each before things really blew up. I opened a store front and it dropped my fees from 10% to 5.5% + paypal and shipping. $70 fee was dropped to $43 per card and the storefront for one month was $24 i think.

Thanks for the tip, I have a couple laptops listed in ebay that having a temporary store will save me some money on.

Someone should really come up with an ultra low fee ebay competitor and put them out of business. I would think at 1 or 2 % surcharge and high volume there should be plenty of profit to be had. BWTHDIK?

Someone should really come up with an ultra low fee ebay competitor and put them out of business. I would think at 1 or 2 % surcharge and high volume there should be plenty of profit to be had. BWTHDIK?

Honestly the best "ebay competitor" that I know of is using either the FS/FT area of our forums or using r/hardwareswap.

Sometimes only ebay has the kind of visibility that you need for niche items.

I sell on Amazon via FBA. Reasonable fees and great selling prices. Someone returned a 1080 ti I sold last month for about $1k. Will likely sell it for $1800 now.

Here's a tip, put a keepa alert on every single RX 570 and higher and 1070 and higher on Amazon. They pop in an out of stock but usually only for about a minute. Snagged 4 RX 580s and 3 1070s in the last 2 days.

I sell on Amazon via FBA. Reasonable fees and great selling prices. Someone returned a 1080 ti I sold last month for about $1k. Will likely sell it for $1800 now.
Fees are exhorbitant when selling on Amazon, I recall they'd take 10-15% of the items I sold and then I'd have to wait a month to actually get paid since they hold your money for 30 days.

You are also basically powerless against bad buyers. They wouldn't bother to contact me first to resolve whatever complaint they had; instead they'd open a chat with Amazon - usually wanting to return an item they used free for a month and got bored with. Then I'd get an email from the bangladeshi Amazon "rep" they chatted with, barking at me to buy them a label or refund them without return. Some buyers would ignore the return shipping label and never ship back, instead just keep bugging Amazon chat that I hadn't refunded them yet.

Also the stat system is unfair - buyer stupidity contributes to your defect rate. Some people would open a return because they didnt bother to examine box contents thoroughly and assumed something was missing. They later apologized when I told them to look again inside the box and they'd find it, but the defect stat stuck, and after it exceeded like 1-2% then my Amazon selling was placed on hold. SMH.

If you think the deck is stacked against sellers on eBay, holy shit Amazon is nuther level.

Last edited:

Selling on ebay you have to factor in about %13 off the total sale price, then whether you offered free shipping or charged for it. Which is why prices on eBay are EXTRA higher to compensate for the F'n fee's. Which is why I tried selling here for a discount, but unlike ebay, the forums turn into ethics discussions etc, and your crowd is limited. Forums are great for finding "deals". But GPU's today, there are no "deals" to be had, outside of finding MSRP.

Speaking of 'deals' - seeing a used 980Ti go for $300 yesterday night definitely made me chuckle.

odditory Thanks for that warning on Amazon! I setup an account, but was considering using it purely for moving camera gear. Kind of glad I never really went forward with that now.

Fees are exhorbitant when selling on Amazon, I recall they'd take 10-15% of the items I sold and then I'd have to wait a month to actually get paid since they hold your money for 30 days.

You are also basically powerless against bad buyers. They wouldn't bother to contact me first to resolve whatever complaint they had; instead they'd open a chat with Amazon - usually wanting to return an item they used free for a month and got bored with. Then I'd get an email from the bangladeshi Amazon "rep" they chatted with, barking at me to buy them a label or refund them without return. Some buyers would ignore the return shipping label and just keep bugging Amazon chat to keep the item without return.

If you think the deck is stacked against sellers on eBay, holy shit try Amazon.

Never sold on Amazon and no doubt will keep the thought of stay away from Amazon in my mind when I think of selling stuff haha

Ive never lost a dispute with Ebay, but the few times i tried amazon as a seller it rubbed me wrong.

In fairness, I did have a higher average selling price on Amazon than the same item listed on eBay (the two are the biggest marketplaces in the world), and of 150 sales I had most of them were decent people, but the return system is too easy for bad actors to take advantage of. My items were only $80 so a few lost to scammers didn't kill me; I can't imagine selling high value electronics there like GPUs though.

Yea my wife does reviews for amazon, some people just want seller reviews. Some want item reviews. You buy the item, the refund the cost generally after shipping and then post a review of said item. Nothing high end yet but some ok items thus far. I've helped out with the tech side sending her my take. She's softened the blow for her own posts. I'm kind of against that but it's her thing.

So if you want a good seller review and a nice review of the product feel free to let me know all I need is a 1080ti or three. ;) lol. <-- YES THAT IS A JOKE.

Looks like Nvidia is sold out of everything including the Jedi 1080tis and the Titans. Absolutely crazy shit.
I fell like i won the lottery this am buying a 1050 sc for $115 shipped from newegg to have as a spare.

Looks like Nvidia is sold out of everything including the Jedi 1080tis and the Titans. Absolutely crazy shit.
I fell like i won the lottery this am buying a 1050 sc for $115 shipped from newegg to have as a spare.

Oh man thanks for posting this! I need to take my 1080ti off ebay before I screw myself out of 144 frame PUBG action. Was hoping someone would buy my 1080ti and I could go with an Empire Did Nothing Wrong TitanXp.

You are also basically powerless against bad buyers. They wouldn't bother to contact me first to resolve whatever complaint they had; instead they'd open a chat with Amazon - usually wanting to return an item they used free for a month and got bored with. Then I'd get an email from the bangladeshi Amazon "rep" they chatted with, barking at me to buy them a label or refund them without return. Some buyers would ignore the return shipping label and never ship back, instead just keep bugging Amazon chat that I hadn't refunded them yet.

Also the stat system is unfair - buyer stupidity contributes to your defect rate. Some people would open a return because they didnt bother to examine box contents thoroughly and assumed something was missing. They later apologized when I told them to look again inside the box and they'd find it, but the defect stat stuck, and after it exceeded like 1-2% then my Amazon selling was placed on hold. SMH.

If you think the deck is stacked against sellers on eBay, holy shit Amazon is nuther level.

This has a lot of good info. For reference, I did close to a million in sales on Amazon last year. Almost all of my sales are through the FBA program and I almost never ship direct to consumer.

A few things, Amazon fees are indeed high. However, I've also found Amazon buyers are willing to pay significantly more. Especially with Prime shipping available. When using FBA, you have a lot more power to dispute bad feedback. I am at 99% positive. I also get a lot of returned items. That's just part of it. Amazon buyers are willing to pay more but they also return more. Most of my returns are in good condition but I certainly get high value items (ie - notebooks) that are returned open and dirty. Sometimes people will return video games open that are just codes. However, I can send pics to Amazon and usually get reimbursed (since I used FBA)

Yep.....

I got 4 x open order with them all sitting in "ORDER PROCESSING". First order was 14 days ago. CC charged for all of them.

Crazy! How many times did I check nvidia and debate buying one.. Prob the same for many.

The life raft for the desperate looks to be dried up.

I'm sure they are getting hits at $900 a card. There are a few miners looking to scoop up cards. At $1000 a card, probably not. Definitely a lot of people offering lowballs to get deals on mining cards though.

There's a ton of 1080ti's on ebay at $1000-1100, some with best offer, that haven't sold in days. I've been eyeballing them out of curiosity. Even saw a couple of cards from one seller with nice waterblocks at $900, and they hung around for a day, so, it's cooling down a bit already.. Massdrop has had a couple of offers on cards also, albeit going quick because they didn't put limits on them, but I think supply is gonna catch up a bit unless something drastic changes in the crypto market.

Yes, crypto is eating a large amount of this, but I personally think it's just as much speculation on the cards themselves, people buying them, hoping to turn them around and make $300-400 reselling, as it is actual miners.

There's a ton of 1080ti's on ebay at $1000-1100, some with best offer, that haven't sold in days. I've been eyeballing them out of curiosity. Even saw a couple of cards from one seller with nice waterblocks at $900, and they hung around for a day, so, it's cooling down a bit already.. Massdrop has had a couple of offers on cards also, albeit going quick because they didn't put limits on them, but I think supply is gonna catch up a bit unless something drastic changes in the crypto market.

Yes, crypto is eating a large amount of this, but I personally think it's just as much speculation on the cards themselves, people buying them, hoping to turn them around and make $300-400 reselling, as it is actual miners.

That isn't much of a datapoint to conclude anything's cooling down. Just like mining revenues, things ebb and flow, down and up all day, and day over day. I also don't think its really flippers unless its just dumb ones, because buying a GPU for $800-$900 and turning it around for a final sale price of $1000-$1150 on ebay, well there's really no margin when you subtract Ebay fee + Paypal fees + Shipping + Insurance + PP fraud and chargeback risk. If you can get cash in hand from CL, okay, but forget online.

Last edited:
Yeah my friend was able to snag one from the website. Had alerts setup and mentioned having to call CC.

They offer free shipping on eBay but not their store! lol. Just got my hybrid 1080ti today. Bigger step up from my 980ti than I thought

That isn't much of a datapoint to conclude anything's cooling down. Just like mining revenues, things ebb and flow, down and up all day, and day over day. I also don't think its really flippers unless its just dumb ones, because buying a GPU for $800-$900 and turning it around for a final sale price of $1000-$1150 on ebay, well there's really no margin when you subtract Ebay fee + Paypal fees + Shipping + Insurance + PP fraud and chargeback risk. If you can get cash in hand from CL, okay, but forget online.

I agree that it's foolish to buy GPUs to flip for those prices, but I think that much of the supply was purchased from the standpoint of being able to get $1200 or more, when this thing went crazy recently, and we've reached a bit of saturation. I think a lot of people heard about the crazy prices recently, people bought cards, pulled their own cards, etc. all trying to make a quick buck, all at the same time. In conjunction with miners buying also. It stripped the supply at retail, but flooded the secondary market. I'm not saying retail supply is going to be abundant, just that the initial surge is over, and I admit, this is just my opinion based on personal reasoning, not anything "objective".

I'm not saying retail supply is going to be abundant, just that the initial surge is over

nothing-is-over-gif.gif

Actually I think there's a tremendous amount of fraud on ebay and that 10% fee is the margin on fighting that. As a seller I've dealt with more bad buyers in the last six months than ever before. People trying to scam the seller, return things after using them for a while, switch your working product out for their dead product, renig on the sale because they had second thoughts, just last week I had a brand new in retail box motherboard ship out, the buyer claimed DOA, and sent me back the same serial number motherboard with the CPU pins all smashed. Ebay ate it for both parties - which was generous of them (they should have pegged that buyer). I have 469 feedback with 100% positive. My buyer in that instance had 118 feedback with 100% positive. Both claimed it was the others fault. (though I had pictures on my side of before showing new/retail/unopened), and after return showing user damage --- with some very telling communication with the buyer that he had potentially damaged it)

Ultimately, what's ebay to do since both buyer and seller are long time, perfect ebay feedback users. The buyer lied and said it was DOA, so they refunded the buyer, but thankfully told me they wouldn't charge me as a one time seller courtesy. That type of hit for ebay is built into their fee structure. You can't do that for free.

A site charging 1-2% wouldn't be able to do any dispute remediation. Think Craigslist perhaps with a feedback system, but no intervention other than the rating system and connecting buying and selling.

Last edited:
FWIW believe one of the crypto currencies is planning to begin a cbay.io store and allow crypto trading at lower fees, probably will bump the coins price through the roof if it's any good.

Actually I think there's a tremendous amount of fraud on ebay and that 10% fee is the margin on fighting that. As a seller I've dealt with more bad buyers in the last six months than ever before. People trying to scam the seller, return things after using them for a while, switch your working product out for their dead product, renig on the sale because they had second thoughts, just last week I had a brand new in retail box motherboard ship out, the buyer claimed DOA, and sent me back the same serial number motherboard with the CPU pins all smashed. Ebay ate it for both parties - which was generous of them (they should have pegged that buyer). I have 469 feedback with 100% positive. My buyer in that instance had 118 feedback with 100% positive. Both claimed it was the others fault. (though I had pictures on my side of before showing new/retail/unopened), and after return showing user damage --- with some very telling communication with the buyer that he had potentially damaged it)

Ultimately, what's ebay to do since both buyer and seller are long time, perfect ebay feedback users. The buyer lied and said it was DOA, so they refunded the buyer, but thankfully told me they wouldn't charge me as a one time seller courtesy. That type of hit for ebay is built into their fee structure. You can't do that for free.

A site charging 1-2% wouldn't be able to do any dispute remediation. Think Craigslist perhaps with a feedback system, but no intervention other than the rating system and connecting buying and selling.

Yeah, I don't sell on ebay often, but I've noticed the same thing. People asking for a discount, then buying an item, then 24 hours later asking for a refund before even getting the item (I always sell with no returns listed), or getting something, and a month later claiming it arrived damaged and they were mysteriously travelling, with a $1000 item sitting on their door step, and then send me a picture of obvious operator (stupidity) damage. Fortunately they've all been so outlandish thus far that they're usually not even willing to open a dispute, knowing they're in the wrong, or it's immediately ruled in my favor, but the level of abuse and fraud is pretty telling about our current culture. After the first case I started taking photos of all stages of packaging though, since usually it's some random tool or piece of metal that can be tricky to effectively package.

I'm an artist craftsman (high end custom handmade knives and steel), and even in my price range, which is very high, and I have to be sought out intentionally, I still encounter crazy mf'rs that make demands, and try and bully me, as if I'm some employee at a big box retail store, and are seemingly amazed when I tell them to KMA, and never contact me again. I assume it's some symptom of entitlement, but you wouldn't think it'd bleed over into such a niche, enthusiast-centric world as high end custom art knives, whoever started that "customer is always right" cliche, should be flogged publicly. It's absurd. Usually it's people under 40, but occasionally I run into some older, "high powered asshole" type, and they're definitely the most fun to tell to F-off, the younger they are, the more just awe-struck they seem to be when they don't get their way, I imagine they simply think it's just an aberration, and that I'm the crazy one. FWIW I'm in my 30's, for context's sake.

Woop, nice digression. ;D

Ebay has definitely gone downhill the last few months. Good for buying but not for selling because of all the fraud.

The problem on eBay is they couldn't care less about having honest buyers. All they care about is how much money they can rip off the sellers for.
The eBay rarely actually pays out thing from their own pocket, normally it is finding some way to rip off the seller so the fraudulent buyer can return a different item on your dime and you loose the item, loose your money and get added insult to injury by having to pay to have the item you didn't sell returned to you & then have eBay ding your ratings for "bothering them by not offering a resolution (free anything to fraudsters) without contacting them".
Since there is no penalty for being a lying fraudulent buyer & you can't leave any negative feedback for a buyer, there is just about no incentive for them to be honest.

Anything higher value we do Adult Signature required, which is a pain for them, but at least makes sure somebody has to sign for it & can't claim it never got to them.

I think you're right James21

Furthermore - these things are bad for eBay's longevity.

*'Forgetting' negative feedback left longer than 1 year ago -- feedback should be PERMANENT - or let it roll off at 3 years or 5 years - not one year.
*Not allowing buyers to leave feedback for sellers (that makes 0 sense to me)
*Disallowing sellers to block buyers under X feedback and with Y score. Why shouldn't a seller on a community market where the seller is taking nearly all the risk be able to discern what type of customers he wants to transact with?

For me as a seller I'd like to block anyone with less than 1 year of trading and with less than say 20 positive feedback, and with less than a 95% trading score. It's not worth it to me to deal with these new eBay accounts who always seem to be trying to work one over on me. My items will sell without the scammers, and I'd gladly do without them. They can work up their feedback with lesser items that are low risk and the sellers are willing to accommodate no feedback buyers.

I think you're right James21

Furthermore - these things are bad for eBay's longevity.

*'Forgetting' negative feedback left longer than 1 year ago -- feedback should be PERMANENT - or let it roll off at 3 years or 5 years - not one year.
*Not allowing buyers to leave feedback for sellers (that makes 0 sense to me)
*Disallowing sellers to block buyers under X feedback and with Y score. Why shouldn't a seller on a community market where the seller is taking nearly all the risk be able to discern what type of customers he wants to transact with?

For me as a seller I'd like to block anyone with less than 1 year of trading and with less than say 20 positive feedback, and with less than a 95% trading score. It's not worth it to me to deal with these new eBay accounts who always seem to be trying to work one over on me. My items will sell without the scammers, and I'd gladly do without them. They can work up their feedback with lesser items that are low risk and the sellers are willing to accommodate no feedback buyers.

Yep, although many of these points used to be different.

I think ebay really went "all in" trying to assuage what they believed were "buyer's concerns" about using the service, and maybe they had some good data indicating this was necessary to grow their user base at some point, but ultimately it has been detrimental.

In all honesty, doesn't it seem like ebay is (and has been for some time) in full "coasting" mode at this point? I haven't seen much of any indication that they're developing the platform any further, other than maybe figuring out how to minimize input error for listings.

Both buyers and sellers used to be able to leave negative feedback, although unfortunately this was abused pretty heavily, but could have been fixed, with some effort to verify purchases, and/or an appeal system, but I think ultimately it took too many resources, and they seem to have figured out it was cheaper from an operating standpoint and more profitable in whatever term they were looking at, to simply strip most of that system, and just push more methods of obtaining their 10% fee.

Honestly since the paypal split (which was a great thing for PP IMO), it really seems like ebay is on autopilot. In fairness, what real competition have they got though? I imagine they're still growing significantly just through a lack of other options, as more people get up the courage to give it a try.

Back