Multiple EVGA 1080 ti’s in stock at MSRP

AHHHH... I ccan't get past the checkout shipping options screen!!!

*cleared cookies.. works now..

Thank you I ordered one of each.. :)

Last edited:
Wondering if GPU manufacturers will attempt to produce far more gpus this next gtx 1180 or gtx 2080 cycle to meet both the current and growing demand from mining. As such we could see surplus in the gpu market allowing prices to drop back to normal. The increase in people wanting gpus and in mining could also increase pc gaming attention which may be good for us.

Glad I grew up on consoles. Gives me something familiar to go back to and enjoy myself for free. I love PC gaming, been building & PC gaming for 20 years, don't get me wrong but right now its too expensive. Never have I once seen graphics cards this outrageous, even in the Geforce 2 ti days.

I wonder how stock/production is affected if samsung is now shifting gears to concentrate on gddr6 production for next gen gpus.

I'm just sticking to my 980 Ti till I don't even know when. It's been just fine at every 1440p game I've played, so I literally see no reason to spend...

I couldn't even find a 980Ti to game on for a reasonable price. I ended up getting a 1070Ti from evga when they came back in stock at MSRP.

I couldn't even find a 980Ti to game on for a reasonable price. I ended up getting a 1070Ti from evga when they came back in stock at MSRP.

It has been weird....I have a 280x/7970 currently and have had one since release...
Late Dec was building a new box, saw 1080's for about $550 (EVGA). Didn't want to open my savings account while doing this box so passed on GPU. Sort of kicking myself.

Every gen of card worth a shit is sold out, or insanely priced. I haven't looked in about a week but my findings were:
Last look at 1080's in stock were around $700, 1080 TI 1k or more.
1070 ti is near 1080 ti MSRP-ish prices
1070 around $550
960's around 450-500

My plan was to go for a TI and ride it for the next 5+ years. This is not going to happen it seems, so thought about another 280x, $300 on ebay for a used sister card.

Surprised to find even the cards with the water blocks installed went quickly... would not think that was a target for the miners.

Wondering if GPU manufacturers will attempt to produce far more gpus this next gtx 1180 or gtx 2080 cycle to meet both the current and growing demand from mining. As such we could see surplus in the gpu market allowing prices to drop back to normal. The increase in people wanting gpus and in mining could also increase pc gaming attention which may be good for us.

If Nivida and AMD could get more chips produced they would be doing so already. Its not as simple as going to the companies they hire to manufacture them and saying "you need to make more, here's a pile of cash". There is no reason for either company to keep stock low, they're not making any more off of this mining frenzy, nor are the AIBs. With demand this high who knows what would need to be produced in order to meet demand, if that was even possible. The next generation of cards will have the same problem, unless they're terrible for mining.

Now that people realize for the price of a couple video cards... you can actually supplement your income... or if you do it in a committed reinvesting fashion potential create a new income... hell if I wasn't as risk averse I would see about doing exactly that. Build my own little server farm in a rented office space. Put a high bandwidth connection to it and a few racks of servers with 12 or so decent video cards just to mine with. If that could pay for itself and bring me 100k a year in spendable cash... that would be worth while. problem is the investment to actually do that would be around 80k. And I am too risk averse... plus not that much cash on hand.

I'll say it again because it makes me feel good- I'm so, so happy that I picked up my 1080Ti with IWC for US$700 :D

The next generation of cards will have the same problem, unless they're terrible for mining.

I'm afraid I have some bad news then. Volta is a mining monster. Like, orders of magnitude more powerful at less wattage than current offerings.

Consumer Volta price and availability will be so high out of the reach of gamer kidlets when it launches, they'll see jet trails.

Last edited:
I'm afraid I have some bad news then. Volta is a mining monster. Like, orders of magnitude more powerful at less wattage than current offerings.

Consumer Volta price and availability will be so high out of the reach of gamer kidlets when it launches, they'll see jet trails.

Just who are these gamer kidlets you speak of? And when that does happen, guess who its going to hurt? The game development companies, and ultimately the PC gaming community. People aren't going to be playing the next big game because they can't afford to buy a high end graphics card and play at the settings and resolutions they desire.

Like me for instance, I'm looking forward to playing the latest Metro game this year, but if prices remain like this I can't afford to buy a graphics card to max out the settings I want to play it at. So I simply wont buy the game. You're going to start seeing a lot of that I'm afraid.

Elitism will be the death of PC gaming. Not the unpopularity like we all thought.

Once it starts hurting the game developers, then you'll see a change.

Last edited:
If Nivida and AMD could get more chips produced they would be doing so already. Its not as simple as going to the companies they hire to manufacture them and saying "you need to make more, here's a pile of cash". There is no reason for either company to keep stock low, they're not making any more off of this mining frenzy, nor are the AIBs. With demand this high who knows what would need to be produced in order to meet demand, if that was even possible. The next generation of cards will have the same problem, unless they're terrible for mining.
The thing is, the fab plants cost what $4,000,000,000 to produce and take a few years to get up and running? Sounds like a lot right? Well single altcoins are valued with market caps in the 10 - 100 Billion range current state, and if as we're seeing mining is only beginning to take off, we'll likely see impetus from the altcoin companies to help new GPU fab plants become a reality to allow mining costs to ease. Reason they'd want mining costs to ease is to get more average consumers to buy in, cause right now, it isn't just mining coins that miners do, it's the transaction itself of buying altcoins that can be charged. Some sites charge .5% cost per transaction, and the processing time is variable as multiple miners have to independently hash the crypto to ensure it's secure and pass the trade along. Most traders aren't wanting to sit around waiting for their buy and sells to go through processing that used to take quite some time [anecdotal reports that it used to be hours or worst case days]. Big exchanges like coinbase are probably farming out to specific mining companies and the more of these that pop up, the more drive to get additional gpus into the market will occur. Give it a couple years, and if mining stays around and really hits big [credit cards, paypal, site specific adoption, etc.], the gpu supply will increase over demand and we'll maybe have a renaissance within the PC gaming community; GPU and pc tech information will be researched for mining purposes, and average consumers may learn more about how GPUs are used in PC gaming, etc. All of this is conjecture of course.

Yup FTW3 is up for now.. not sure for how long.. the black edition was gone pretty quick.. I failed to secure one in time.

*and now i see the hybrid SC2 is also in stock..

**and now FTW3 is out and only hybrid is in.. appears to going in and out of stock..

Last edited:
E VGA has some in the B-stock section for $499.99. PNY has the 1080s for like 1000 bucks. THIS IS MADNESS!

I managed to get my hands on a MSI 1070 Sea Hawk EK for $500 shipped and a pair of EVGA 1070Ti Hybrids for $600 each shipped. So that's pretty close to retail once you consider shipping and no taxes.

Surprised to find even the cards with the water blocks installed went quickly... would not think that was a target for the miners.
I have 5 of the hybrid 1080ti's for mining. It will keep them nice and cool. :)

I love the fact i got my Vega 56 for 379.00 $ 2 months ago. the prices now are like "holy fuck !!!!"

You can buy a B-Stock 980 Ti for the low, low price of only $500.00 :hungover:

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=06G-P4-4990-RX

Jeez, I sold my 980ti's here on the forums in August of 2016 for ~$350.

Appreciating video cards. Now I've seen it all.

I'm so glad I'm not shopping for a GPU today. Hopefully the bottom will fall out of the mining business soon when everyone realizes it's just a house of cards, and things will go back to normal again.

Back