Multiplayer Unreal Tournament 3 Where is everyone?

EB lowered the price of UT3 to $30, it cost same for normal edition and collectors edition, so I nabbed a CE while I could, comes in a neat metal tin. I updated and played a few rounds and it's definitely faster paced than the old ones.

They'd have to give me UT3 to play it after what I saw with the "Beta Demo"

Demo let me down, Epic let me down, it'll take a miracle for me to buy another one of their games on the PC after the GoW(not working on my)PC debacle and UT3.

I was a diehard UT2k4 player. Assault first, then TDM 6 months later, played it semi competitively then started TAM. TAM is where I started to actually increase my skills and become rather good at the game in competitive terms. I played in ladders and CAL for two straight years. I was a straight up Epic "fanb0i" and gave them many a praise for their work.

UT3 came out and I just gave it up, got COD4 and TF2 instead. I Starting playing some DoTA with some warhammer buddies and never looked back. Epic's great forum SS and inability to fix some rather annoying bugs, and inability to implement simple things that are a REQUIREMENT for and enjoyable gameplay experience turned me off.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

So I got Unreal Tournament 3 today, installed and just started the game. Looked at the online multiplayer games for some servers to play on. Where is everyone? Seems like its a complete ghost town with a couple servers with 2 or 3 people, and one server that has 16/20. I mean is Unreal Tournament 3 gotten to the point that its so bad no one wants to play it anymore?

Fill me in cause this is kinda weird, where I hear a lot of people bought the game when it first came out and now, its like um...where is everyone? :confused:

Ehh, I guess people finally see that stupid games like UT offer no teamwork and deathmatch style of gameplay and just become repetitive piles of crap that you won't play after a few weeks of buying. Go figure...

Ehh, I guess people finally see that stupid games like UT offer no teamwork and deathmatch style of gameplay and just become repetitive piles of crap that you won't play after a few weeks of buying. Go figure...

Considering UT99 and Quake3 still have a huge fan base I think you might be wrong. I'm pretty sure they were released longer then a few weeks ago, but maybe I have my dates mixed up.

Except you're completely wrong and there are still a massive amount of people playing UT99, UT2004, Quake 3, and other similar games to this day. But please feel free to return to playing your silly "realistic" shooters that don't actually require any skill.

Except you're completely wrong and there are still a massive amount of people playing UT99, UT2004, Quake 3, and other similar games to this day. But please feel free to return to playing your silly "realistic" shooters that don't actually require any skill.

No need to get defensive. I checked on game-monitor and not exactly massive amount of people playing any of those games, get your facts right. And I don't play silly "realistic" shooters as you call them, I play TF2 and theres nothing I think is realistic about it;)

No need to get defensive. I checked on game-monitor and not exactly massive amount of people playing any of those games, get your facts right. And I don't play silly "realistic" shooters as you call them, I play TF2 and theres nothing I think is realistic about it;)

I still game on those games and on the all seeing eye there are many servers for quake 3 and the rest. Reason why epic ended up failing is because of their influence from consoles now and their idiotic attitudes toward pc gamers. They are even bashing the wii right now just because it can't have super flashy graphics. That goes to show that they only care about the tech demo and not the gameplay. They spent years just making the engine and yet they couldn't get the game right.

I'm going with it was a same old same old from epic. Just like the switch from 2k3 to 2k4 they just didn't do enough to revitilize the game except flashier graphics and graphics don't make a game great, the supplement. It's still pretty much the same core game from the original UT. The only reason I ever bought 2k4 was so I could play red orchestra (before it went retail)

Any yes, rabbit speed DM style just isn't fun anymore when there are so many better alternatives like TF2, BF series.

(I won't mention COD4 cause I think it's junk)

I think the Epic guys are a bit out of touch with the gaming community as a whole and they can shut thier mouths about consoles and what not until they get their heads out of their asses and look around.

I think the problem this time is that they always rely UT on the gaming community to finish shaping up the game and adding content, problem is half the ppl that grew up with UT now are in college or have more occupied lifestyles that don't warrant additional time to make content.
I think overall it's not a bad game, did get my ass handed to me last night since I have not played this in ages. Been playing CoD4, Quake 4 and many other FPS and similar games.
I try not to take too many sides since each game has a thing going for them. My fav FPS atm is CoD4, only bad thing I can think about it is and like in most games that there is a lot of people with cheap moves such as camping, they great thing is that at least they give you Martydom to use as a way to sometimes get revenge.
People will always find a way to whine about something, whether is a wii, 360, ps3, fps, rts, or anything in particular.

I don't know why people keep saying UT3 is just a rehashed UT2K4. If it was, it would have done quite well. It's a huge step back from UT2K4.

was a shame, i love UT99 grew up with it UT 2003 suckd, 2004 was what 2003 should of been.

i hope on ut3 now and then but i wish it would take off., CoD4 is getting boring again

I put a good 250 hours on UT3. Just recently stopped playing it. I'm now back to UT2k4 and having much more fun that UT3. Hit me up on Xfire if you want to be my game buddy or something:

a1phaboss

I also plan to play UT2k4, until Quake Live. When that shit goes up it's gonna be amazing!

COD4 gets older, faster than any multiplayer game I played in 10 years. It's the same shit over and over... and over.

Maps are ridiculously small. Made for like 2 people.

Guns don't mean shit. AK47? Skorpion? who cares people die 2 shots from anything.

Theres no classes..

Different game modes don't change playstyle at all.

CoD4 was fun but it's multiplayer has ZERO depth. I'm flabbergasted how people continue playing cod's maps the sizes of shoeboxes doing the same EXACT thing repeatedly.popular.

Either the hundreds of thousands of people that play it are wrong....or just you.

In other news, UT3 isn't played by many people because the base of people that play it are people that loved and still love UT2k4. Some of those people haven't upgraded their system and UT3 is very choppy. Others have upgraded their system and are enjoying the game, but still prefer UT2k4. You have 10 people that upgraded their systems in order just to play UT3. Then you have another 6 people that never played UT2k4, but bought UT3 and enjoy it. That accounts for the 16 people you always see online at any given time.

Honestly, I bought UT99 just so I could install the Tactical Ops mod. Then of course, Tactical Ops came out as it's own retail game, forcing long time players to buy it if they wanted to continue to play. We got another year or so out of that game before nearly everyone moved on to other things. Funny, however...there are still sometimes MORE people online in Tactical Ops than are online in UT3....awesome.

Tactical Ops mod was the first FPS game that I really started playing alot of. I can thank the end of my first marriage to that game. THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU TAC OPS!!!

Back