multihomed mailboxes in Exchange 2003?

KaosDG

[H]F Junkie
OK so here's my situation:
So, I got blowed up

My office building is closed and off limits, and probably will be until next week sometime (building management says there is asbestos contamination)

What that means for me is that the users that work out of this office are all working from home, either through OWA or remote desktop.
We have a second site in Stamford CT, which is the initial e-mail entry point (mail flows from internet to CT then to NY via exchange transports)

My problem is, due to the situation in that area, the building MAY have to be without power.
If that happens, then NY users will be without mail.

Is there ANY way, *without* moving their mailboxes, to have them setup in such a way that mail will be delivered to a mailbox store in CT, and have them be able to login to that mailbox?
Mailbox store replication? Some other means?

We use GFI Mailarchiver in the CT site, which will allow our users to read their mail (I hope, not sure how exchange journaling works). Is there something I can use in conjunction with that to allow them to send mail?

Can I finagle say a second mailbox (minus a user account in AD) and set alternate recipients, and then have my users login to those alternate mailboxes?
(say via OWA, IMAP, or even outlook?)

I am by no means an exchange expert, and everything I am reading is telling me "NO".
I see things for geographically seperate clustered exchange backup sites, but 1) It looks VERY cost prohibitive (we are fairly small) and 2) It's kinda too late to implement that now, no?

Just looking for some Disaster recovery advice from my fellow [H] netadmins...

Thanks.

I would say you observations are all correct. The systems that allow you to do this are fairly expensive and need to be in place before something like this happens. I think you are SOL...

I would say you observations are all correct. The systems that allow you to do this are fairly expensive and need to be in place before something like this happens. I think you are SOL...

well, I can always move the mailboxes. I just wanted to avoid that because of limited bandwidth (T1)

Back