Multi-quote does not appear to work

• Thread starter Deleted member 89137
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 89137

Trying to quote several people in my thread and all I can get is error messages or only a single quoted post. Trying to reproduce it on video, anyone else have this issue before I waste time recording a video, and encoding it?

On Windwows 10 x64 Ultimate using latest Chrome 64 bit browser.

Last edited by a moderator:
I clicked +Quote on both of them then clicked the Reply button on each. Looks like the reply button can be added into your text box at any time.

Edit - I don't see the + Quote button doing anything.

EEVRheX.png

OycRDA1.png

While typing in the text / reply box at the bottom of the screen just go to any post and press the Reply button with the arrows next to it.

I guess it's not a bug but rather a design feature. vBulletin wasn't always like this with the +quote button.

Click +quote on a bunch of posts... then click the "Insert Quotes.." button and then you can change the order and remove stuff that you don't want....

Makes quoting posts from other threads very handy.

I'd say there is a bit of an issue in that it doesn't show what thread the post is from, so if you view a lot of threads and think about quoting somebody, you have to remember to remove it later otherwise you have a post in a Nissan GTR thread with 4 other quotes containing pictures from the babes thread... or worse... hard steve

I'd say there is a bit of an issue in that it doesn't show what thread the post is from, so if you view a lot of threads and think about quoting somebody, you have to remember to remove it later otherwise you have a post in a Nissan GTR thread with 4 other quotes containing pictures from the babes thread... or worse... hard steve

Yes, it actually does tell you what thread it is quoted from if you read.

If you think the system will cause you issues, and you cannot learn how to use it, I would highly suggest you not use the multi-quote button.

Yes, its a new forum software. No, it is not exactly like the old software. Yes, there is a little bit of a learning curve. No, you do not have to use if you do not want to. Yes, I am tired of the whining about these small differences a month later. Adapt or GTFO; those are your two choices.

That said, yes, we are still listening to legitimate issues and making changes daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back