Multi-monitor Setup: Left and Right are *stretched* (Center is OK)

Cannibal Corpse

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello all,
In games, when I rotate and pan, the left and right monitors are stretched. I tried larger FOVs, but it does not fix it.

Is this an anomaly, or inherently part of the multi-munitor setup?

I am using Win10, GTX 1080 and 3X ASUS MG248Q monitors.

thanks!

That's normal. It's an artifact of the flat projection used. Reducing the game's FOV will help.

It's entirely possible to mitigate at minimal performance cost, but I don't know any games where they have actually done that. Multi-monitor gaming is a small niche, after all.

That's normal. It's an artifact of the flat projection used. Reducing the game's FOV will help.

It's entirely possible to mitigate at minimal performance cost, but I don't know any games where they have actually done that. Multi-monitor gaming is a small niche, after all.

Nvidia has demonstrated a new technology with Pascal called Simultaneous Multi Projection. The primary use is for stereo rendering for VR, but it can also be used to correct this rendering effect. However, I have not seen a single application use it yet :(

Nvidia has demonstrated a new technology with Pascal called Simultaneous Multi Projection. The primary use is for stereo rendering for VR, but it can also be used to correct this rendering effect. However, I have not seen a single application use it yet :(
I was really excited when Nvidia announced that but it seems they aren't interested in updating Surround to work with it. It's a shame.

I was really excited when Nvidia announced that but it seems they aren't interested in updating Surround to work with it. It's a shame.
The problem is, it's not a backend feature nvidia can just force in. It's something game develoeprs specifically have to take advantage of. In addition, I believe it requires an interface for users to calibrate, and most game dev's just don't see the value in the amount of resources required. Hopefully we'll see some sims make use of it soon.

Back