Multi-monitor Setup: Left and Right are *stretched* (Center is OK though)

Cannibal Corpse

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello all,
In games, when I rotate and pan, the left and right monitors are stretched. I tried larger FOVs, but it does not fix it.

Is this an anomaly, or inherently part of the multi-munitor setup?

I am using Win10, GTX 1080 and 3X ASUS MG248Q monitors.

thanks for your comments!

Anomaly, no. The side panels are not for looking at directly instead you keep looking straight ahead as the side panels are for peripheral vision.

The reason it looks stretched is because the image is still being projected on a virtual 2D rectangle. Aspect ratios that wide need to be projected spherically to avoid distortion, which is up to the game programmers to do.

Yes, this is normal. It was jarring to me too when I first got triple-monitors and it's just the way it is. Best to not look at the sides when playing.

If you look straight ahead its not too bad as your peripheral can compensate a bit. Our eyes can some similar things, it's just that our brains clean up a lot of things be fore we "see".

Last edited:
Between that and the proliferation of large 4K TV's and increasingly larger dedicated monitors I think multi-monitor is dying out. Support for it was often pretty piss poor from the start. The fact that you get a fish eye effect on the side monitors is unfortunately quite normal. I enjoyed the peripheral vision aspect of the technology but I don't miss the setup, non-existent HUD scaling and increased performance demands of such resolutions.

Back