multi-card problem - geforce4 + geforce 8800GT

(cf)Eclipse

Freelance Overclocker
so, I have three monitors sitting here, and in order to use them, I need to use two video cards :(

so I have a bunch of old video cards laying around, I figured I'd pop one in and hook the third monitor up to that. first victim was a geforce2 mx. i ran into the problem of the video card drivers not supporting both the 8800gt and the gf2. i tried forcing support in the nf4_disp.inf for the gf2, but then it gives me an error about how the drivers are not for windows xp :confused:

installing older drivers for the older video card doesn't work either, as a bunch of files get overwritten.

same problem with a gf4 that i would rather use.

does anybody know of a workaround solution to this?

Probably out of support for current Vista, or even XP, drivers. Maybe look into getting a cheap $30 card from ebay for your 3 monitor purpose?

i know it won't work with vista. that's out of the question.

there's no reason why it won't work in xp aside from nvidia dropping support for the older cards in their drivers, and the old drivers overwriting some of the files the newer drivers use. i guess what i'm looking for is a way to force support for older cards in the new drivers ;)

also, when you say cheap $30 card to meet my needs, i assume you mean one that is supported by the current driver set, like a low end 7000 or 8000 series? :p

Back