MSI Z68A-GD65 G3 LGA 1155 Motherboard Review @ [H]

understandable and no worries.

the newest BIOS on Msi.com's download page is 23.2(which is 7681vN2) so if you are on that I would imagine you have throttling issues.

The beta BIOS is the only one that is working correctly and doesn't have throttling issues, refer to this post:
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1037847967&postcount=32

Also would like to note that I am using N35 beta BIOS, seems the same as the N34 beta BIOS

If you do plan to flash to this BIOS you need to read that thread and note that you need to use the "MSI forum flash tool" DO NOT use the stadard flash method

Alright so I finally got some time to do this...

Upgraded to N36 BIOS.
Set IO voltage to auto.
Set RAM to 1600MHz, left voltage at 1.65

Boot problem went away. Seems to boot fine so I'm guessing it was a RAM issue.

Problem is, I still can't get stable at 4.7-4.8 with even 1.40v. But at least I know what the problem was with the booting.

I ended up deciding to compromise and keep the RAM at 2133MHz, bring the CPU down to 1.35v and leave it at 4.3GHz. Runs fine like that and no boot issues and doesn't get nearly as hot. Heat is a major concern due to how hot it is here, yeah it was 99F here yesterday still, so it works for me. At least I know what the issue was/is.

I still hate this BIOS though. It still won't detect my keyboard/mouse properly and its clunkiness just makes the whole tweaking process a pain in the ass instead of fun.

Kyle or whoever:

I'm debating between this board and the newly released Asus ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 that looks like they've added PCI-E 3.0 and from what I've been able to gather from various other places, it seems they have the same switching chip.

Since performance and features are so similar, and assuming all things are equal, do I go with the ASUS (it's $20 more than the MSI) for the UEFI or...? What do you suggest?

Here is a link for reference: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131790

Kyle or whoever:

I'm debating between this board and the newly released Asus ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 that looks like they've added PCI-E 3.0 and from what I've been able to gather from various other places, it seems they have the same switching chip.

Since performance and features are so similar, and assuming all things are equal, do I go with the ASUS (it's $20 more than the MSI) for the UEFI or...? What do you suggest?

Here is a link for reference: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131790

If you heavily use the BIOS to tweak, get the ASUS. If you are keeping the system for 3 years +, get the Gen 3 PCIe. Otherwise, save the money for something else.

Kyle, thanks for the reply. I'm going with one of these two boards regardless, so I guess Asus it is (though the 5 year warranty is VERY tempting). Thanks again! You guys do fantastic work.

Looks like a solid MB. Thanks for the informative review. I'm going to try this mb out with the 2500k.

Here is the latest Beta BIOS E7681IMS.n44

http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=151148.msg1135663#msg1135663

Read it carefully and flash at your own risk.

I am currently on this BIOS... I have clocked it to 5.0+Ghz @ 1.48v without issues.... BIOS is much more stable.
They fixed a lot of mouse issues but I am sorry to report they still having you double click like a man person to get around the BIOS... I have a ASUS MAX IV extreme-Z and the BIOS in that is really nice with the single click... but the board is $350

I am currently running at 4.7 because I can run 1.38v and it is rock sold and for 24/7 gaming it is more then enough without cooking my CPU

HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS FLASH

No mention in the review of the lack of Loadline Calibration and Offset Voltage features in the BIOS, these features are included in the Gigabyte, Asus, ASRock motherboards.

No mention in the review of the lack of Loadline Calibration and Offset Voltage features in the BIOS, these features are included in the Gigabyte, Asus, ASRock motherboards.

Been awhile since I looked at it, I believe there is a load-line calibration option, but they call it something else. Voltage options are more limited, but it's a cheaper board and they usually are a little more limited than the higher end ones. Beyond that, it OC'ed well so I gave it a pass.

Dan_D said:
Been awhile since I looked at it, I believe there is a load-line calibration option, but they call it something else. Voltage options are more limited, but it's a cheaper board and they usually are a little more limited than the higher end ones.
Aye their is Auto (which I think is off) and Low VDroop option for when clocking, havent looked in depth at ASUS but the Gigabyte boards have 10 levels of LLC which looks quite good.

One thing I have to check is whether LLC and Offset can be used together.

I'm looking into buying the Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 at the moment for the extra features. :)
Dan_D said:
Beyond that, it OC'ed well so I gave it a pass.
I've got a L139B137 coming tomorrow but with my current 2500K's here are my results quite good. :)

2500K: Batch No: 3138A838
4.9GHz = 1.408 load (prime95), 1.408v load (IBT 2.56) 1.424v idle. (Manual CPU Voltage = 1.43v BIOS)
4.9GHz = 1.400v load (prime95), 1.42v load (IBT 2.56), 1.01v to 1.06v idle. (Auto CPU Voltage)
4.8GHz = 1.336v load (prime95), 1.344v load (IBT 2.56) 1.352v idle. (Manual CPU Voltage = 1.36v BIOS)
4.7GHz = 1.296v load (prime95), 1.296v load (IBT 2.56) 1.312v idle. (Manual CPU Voltage = 1.32v BIOS)
4.6GHz = 1.384v load (prime95), 1.408v load (IBT 2.56) 1.01v to 1.06v idle. (Auto CPU Voltage)
4.6GHz = 1.280v load (prime95), 1.280v load (IBT 2.56) 1.296v idle. (Manual CPU Voltage = 1.30v BIOS)

2500K: Batch No: L104A429
4.6GHz = 1.336v load (prime95), 1.36v load (IBT 2.56), 1.00v to 1.05v idle. (Auto or Manual CPU Voltage) (Maximum Clock stable)
4.5GHz = 1.328v load (prime95, 1.352v load (IBT 2.56), 1.00v to 1.04v idle. (Auto or Manual CPU Voltage)

Does the TURBO function work properly when overclocked?

I came across this article from http://www.hitechlegion.com/reviews/motherboards/13119-msi-z68a-gd65g3-motherboard-review?start=26

Quote "My ending stable overclock put the CPU at 4.85GHz. The odd thing with this motherboard is that the overclock isn't on just the turbo, therefore the CPU was always set at this speed. It felt old school."

Can anyone confirm if the above statement is true on their overclocks?

I'm new to overclocking these sandy bridge cpus. So overclocking is supposed to overclock the Turbo speed so that when less load it runs at lower frequency, and under load it works harder and then Turbos higher than the stock Turbo 3.7ghz speed? I bought i5 2500k and need a board and considering this MSI or the Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3.

Thanks.

Does the TURBO function work properly when overclocked?

I came across this article from http://www.hitechlegion.com/reviews/motherboards/13119-msi-z68a-gd65g3-motherboard-review?start=26

Quote "My ending stable overclock put the CPU at 4.85GHz. The odd thing with this motherboard is that the overclock isn't on just the turbo, therefore the CPU was always set at this speed. It felt old school."

Can anyone confirm if the above statement is true on their overclocks?

I'm new to overclocking these sandy bridge cpus. So overclocking is supposed to overclock the Turbo speed so that when less load it runs at lower frequency, and under load it works harder and then Turbos higher than the stock Turbo 3.7ghz speed? I bought i5 2500k and need a board and considering this MSI or the Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3.

Thanks.

If by working properly, you mean that the CPU throttles down properly when idle, then yes. ASUS and Gigabyte both cheat in their benchmarks by increasing the turbo multiplier past Intel's specifications by default. So instead of running at 3.7GHz or whatever you get 3.9GHz. I've never seen any that I can recall which didn't throttle down properly when idling.

Did you guys try running more than one card on this by any chance?

I can not get my pair of GTX 580s to run without black screening with a OC on the CPU.

Here is a thread of the issue I am having...
http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=155410.0

Ideas thoughts of course very welcome.
Thanks

I do know that SLI wasn't enabled on the X79 platform until one of the most recent driver revisions. I didn't try it on any of the X79's I've tested so far. SLI not working almost never has anything to do with the motherboard unless it's PCIe slot configuration just doesn't allow for it.

SLI works... it would help if you read the link.

link works just fine, tried it in 3 browsers and all worked

Before adding the extra card I had my CPU @ 4.7Ghz and when I would bench it I would take it to 5Ghz+ without a issue... solid, never had a BSOD. but this extra card just kills the systems.

Again everything set to stock and the system runs great I can game on it for hours without issues.

Have you tried another power supply? Your post doesn't say you have.

I have not... but it is a AX1200. I used to run 3 5850s and a 920 @ 4.2... but I guess that could have weakened it?

SLI works... it would help if you read the link.

link works just fine, tried it in 3 browsers and all worked

Link is working now. Didn't work before.

PSU could be failing or this is a common problem for the MB that needs to be addressed.

How is memory voltage setting?

Could be a slight voltage loss on system because of load of gpu. Might need to slightly increase key voltages or loosen memory timings.

Memory is all at "suggested settings" 9-9-9-24-2T 1.5v just as stated on the side of the RAM.

I will try another PSU tonight, but I have my doubts that it is it because the system doesn't shut off, it was a PSU failure I would think the system would shut down, but it doesn't the screen goes black and the system locks up.

I have thought about increasing the PCIE Voltage but it is at .8v and I am not really sure what to increase it to. I could care less about this POS board (have hated it but done nothing about it from the day I got it) but I really do NOT want to burn up these cards.

Have you tried another power supply? Your post doesn't say you have.

Power supply problems don't manifest like that. If your video cards aren't getting enough power, they'll not only alarm but a message will popup via the driver control panel which tells you so.

Power supply problems don't manifest like that. If your video cards aren't getting enough power, they'll not only alarm but a message will popup via the driver control panel which tells you so.

This is kinda what I was thinking... my history of PSU vs GPU...

I had a TX750 on a 920 @ 4.2 and 3 HD 5850s, when I would bench it to hard it would completely shut down...lights out... so I figured if it was that then this would be doing the same thing? no?

I have borrowed a PSU from a friend, a PSU testing kit from work and I will be doing some testing tonight.

If that tests out I will RMA my AX1200

Memory is all at "suggested settings" 9-9-9-24-2T 1.5v just as stated on the side of the RAM.

I understand that. You have so much electricity going through your MB with that extra GTX580 that I'm sure your MB is having a slight voltage loss on key components because of the extra load of the GTX580. Especially when you over clock your system. I suggest going over your voltages and try tweaking them a little to help compensate for voltage loss caused by higher load of GPUs in over clocked system.

Thanks for the suggestion.... Please be more clear and suggest what voltages I need to change?

You sound like you may know something I don't and I want to take advantage of your knowledge ;)

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion.... Please be more clear and suggest what voltages I need to change?

You sound like you may know something I don't and I want to take advantage of your knowledge ;)

Thanks

If your memory voltage is at 1.5v try 1.575v. If that don't work then try 1.6v. I don't think that much voltage will harm the memory. (don't hold me responsible if your memory frys up..do at own risk. 1.6v to me doesn't seem harmful to do a test for trouble shooting).

Also if you have a multi-meter use the voltage check points on the MB to measure voltages with single GTX580 with your system over clocked and then stick in the other GTX580 and see if the voltages change. If the voltages are lower then you know you are having a voltage loss caused by adding the extra GTX580.

That is where I would start. Before you do a RMA for anything it would be best if you could figure out what part of your system is failing.

I understand that. You have so much electricity going through your MB with that extra GTX580 that I'm sure your MB is having a slight voltage loss on key components because of the extra load of the GTX580. Especially when you over clock your system. I suggest going over your voltages and try tweaking them a little to help compensate for voltage loss caused by higher load of GPUs in over clocked system.

No. This is not how it works.

The card's power draw is within PCIe 2.0 specifications of no more than 75 watts. Supplemental power of up to 300 watts per card is provided via additional PCIe 6-pin and 8-pin connectors. Anything else beyond 75 watts from the motherboard comes from your power supply directly. The GTX 580 will not usually, even under full load max out a 300 watt load. Even Furmark and the Heaven benchmark are incapable of loading it that high based on what I've seen. Actual games tend to load the cards even less. Some of these boards are designed to power 2, 3, or even 4 graphics cards and some of them even require additional supplemental power when going beyond two cards.

It's the same with the CPU and drives. All of that is powered by the PSU directly. That's why you now have 8-pin CPU power connectors on motherboards. In boards designed for serious overclocking an additional 4 or 8-pin connector is often added as well.

Again, problems with the PSU will not manifest in the way many people seem to believe they do. People on this forum for whatever reason are quick to blame the PSU in cases where it does not make sense. SLI being enabled or disabled is not a function of power draw beyond both cards being satisfied at POST. In Windows and during the Windows loading, they consume only idle power. When you play games or otherwise load the cards, the NVIDIA driver will alert you if there is insufficient power for the cards. You will also get an audible alarm from the card itself when this happens. Trust me on this, I've had this happen to me before. At best an insufficient PSU, or a failing one may cause the system to have issues with POST, or two randomly restart. You may get a blank screen suddenly, and need to power cycle the machine. Either your system is getting enough power or it isn't. It will either run, or it won't. I've never seen a hard lock or a BSOD that was a result of a faulty power supply. Faulty capacitors or other power circuitry, sure, but not the PSU itself.

I've serviced literally thousands of machines. Many of which had shitty power supplies and I've never seen that type of behavior from a bad or insufficient unit. What I described is about what you'll always get. Even while overclocking.

If you are having issues with the X79 chipset and SLI, I'd advise getting the latest Beta drivers, which as I recall from the release notes, enable SLI on the X70 platform. This may or may not include 3-Way SLI, 4-Way SLI or Quad-SLI.

No. This is not how it works.

The card's power draw is within PCIe 2.0 specifications of no more than 75 watts. Supplemental power of up to 300 watts per card is provided via additional PCIe 6-pin and 8-pin connectors. Anything else beyond 75 watts from the motherboard comes from your power supply directly. The GTX 580 will not usually, even under full load max out a 300 watt load. Even Furmark and the Heaven benchmark are incapable of loading it that high based on what I've seen. Actual games tend to load the cards even less. Some of these boards are designed to power 2, 3, or even 4 graphics cards and some of them even require additional supplemental power when going beyond two cards.

It's the same with the CPU and drives. All of that is powered by the PSU directly. That's why you now have 8-pin CPU power connectors on motherboards. In boards designed for serious overclocking an additional 4 or 8-pin connector is often added as well.

Again, problems with the PSU will not manifest in the way many people seem to believe they do. People on this forum for whatever reason are quick to blame the PSU in cases where it does not make sense. SLI being enabled or disabled is not a function of power draw beyond both cards being satisfied at POST. In Windows and during the Windows loading, they consume only idle power. When you play games or otherwise load the cards, the NVIDIA driver will alert you if there is insufficient power for the cards. You will also get an audible alarm from the card itself when this happens. Trust me on this, I've had this happen to me before. At best an insufficient PSU, or a failing one may cause the system to have issues with POST, or two randomly restart. You may get a blank screen suddenly, and need to power cycle the machine. Either your system is getting enough power or it isn't. It will either run, or it won't. I've never seen a hard lock or a BSOD that was a result of a faulty power supply. Faulty capacitors or other power circuitry, sure, but not the PSU itself.

I've serviced literally thousands of machines. Many of which had shitty power supplies and I've never seen that type of behavior from a bad or insufficient unit. What I described is about what you'll always get. Even while overclocking.

If you are having issues with the X79 chipset and SLI, I'd advise getting the latest Beta drivers, which as I recall from the release notes, enable SLI on the X70 platform. This may or may not include 3-Way SLI, 4-Way SLI or Quad-SLI.

Since the MB does have voltage point leads I don't think it would hurt to use a multimeter to see what exactly is going on with voltages under load. Just to see if there is a voltage problem with the hardware. If not then it's a bios/software problem.

If your memory voltage is at 1.5v try 1.575v. If that don't work then try 1.6v. I don't think that much voltage will harm the memory. (don't hold me responsible if your memory frys up..do at own risk. 1.6v to me doesn't seem harmful to do a test for trouble shooting).

Also if you have a multi-meter use the voltage check points on the MB to measure voltages with single GTX580 with your system over clocked and then stick in the other GTX580 and see if the voltages change. If the voltages are lower then you know you are having a voltage loss caused by adding the extra GTX580.

That is where I would start. Before you do a RMA for anything it would be best if you could figure out what part of your system is failing.

The voltages for the RAM aren't going to change because of the video cards. 1.6v may not hurt the system in the long run but I wouldn't leave it like that. Saying that the memory voltages are off and causing problems is guess work at best. 1.575 might be needed, but that's due to vdroop, not anything else. And no putting a multimeter to the board and checking things is not a bad idea, but I don't think that's what's going on.

And certainly before RMA'ing the PSU, another one might be worth trying but really all you need to do is measure the 3.3v, 5v and 12v rails to make sure they are in spec.

Nick, is the system stable at stock speeds? If so there is somethign wrong with your overclock settings, not your hardware.

nvm I answered my own noob question..... going to smack myself in the balls for not knowing that one off the top of my head.

On the brighter side I will be setting up my new rig tomorrow with this board. Thanks again for all the great info.

Last edited:
FIXED..... I got home tested the PSU... it is fine, nothing wrong with it, its rock solid and showing solid numbers.

so I glared at my computer for about 5 minutes and glared mostly pissed off at the motherboard!!!!! :mad:

what fixed it????? I have to say one of the stupid things I have ever done, but I figured it was ok because I was in "spec" of the motherboard.

I had fans attached to the mother board..... I removed all the fans, OCed the system and benched the system and ran everything I could to crash, system is rock solid no issues now. mind you no fans of which take more power than is recommended per port via the spex from MSI. WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU PUT FAN HEADERS ON A BOARD TELL PEOPLE THAT YOU CAN RUN A SPEC AND THEN NOT FUCKING TEST IT!!!!!! FAIL!

CPU is at 4.5 and will move it up to 4.7 where it was before

both cards are at 800 with 1050mv

ROCK SOLID

up tell this point I really liked this board and MSI.... up tell this point

NOW I will say I am sure the OCs are out of range of what they spec so I will not totally drop MSI on their head for this one, but I just recommend no one use the on board fan headers

I might also add that my computer is reallllly loud now... because I was using the motherboard to limit the speed of all my fans, now I need to purchase a fan controller

Good to see you were able to get it stable. I did not think a fan connection would screw stuff up. I hope MSI is able to fix fan connection voltage problem with a bios update.

The MB does have a 5 year warranty. Hassle to do RMA but I'd do it if I had the same problem.

Last edited:
Good to see you were able to get it stable. I did not think a fan connection would screw stuff up. I hope MSI is able to fix fan connection voltage problem with a bios update.

The MB does have a 5 year warranty. Hassle to do RMA but I'd do it if I had the same problem.

I am considering buying a ASUS z68 board and selling this MSI after RMA

But for now I am happy and I don't have the money or time to change anything in my system, I am happy I found a cheap and very quick solution to my problem that has been going on for over a week now.

FIXED..... I got home tested the PSU... it is fine, nothing wrong with it, its rock solid and showing solid numbers.

so I glared at my computer for about 5 minutes and glared mostly pissed off at the motherboard!!!!! :mad:

what fixed it????? I have to say one of the stupid things I have ever done, but I figured it was ok because I was in "spec" of the motherboard.

I had fans attached to the mother board..... I removed all the fans, OCed the system and benched the system and ran everything I could to crash, system is rock solid no issues now. mind you no fans of which take more power than is recommended per port via the spex from MSI. WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU PUT FAN HEADERS ON A BOARD TELL PEOPLE THAT YOU CAN RUN A SPEC AND THEN NOT FUCKING TEST IT!!!!!! FAIL!

CPU is at 4.5 and will move it up to 4.7 where it was before

both cards are at 800 with 1050mv up tell this point I really liked this board and MSI.... up tell this point

ROCK SOLID

NOW I will say I am sure the OCs are out of range of what they spec so I will not totally drop MSI on their head for this one, but I just recommend no one use the on board fan headers

I might also add that my computer is reallllly loud now... because I was using the motherboard to limit the speed of all my fans, now I need to purchase a fan controller

I would do some more testing. I don't think that will be the end of it. I'd test it for 24 hours using Linepack or Prime95, Intel Burn In Test, etc. I wouldn't call it good just yet. It's possible the fans are overwhelming the motherboards electrical circuitry but I highly doubt it. That would be extremly shoddy work on their part, and even when I've seen people connect two and three fans to a single fan header, I've never seen this cause stability problems even on the worst boards I've ever seen. Not even on 680i SLI boards which had the worst voltage hardware setup I've seen to date.

Well I wouldn't shit you, not about this. The only thing that I changed was removing the fans from the motherboard headers and putting them on a PSU rail

I have ran over 20 passes with Intel burn test while running furmark on the cards, with the clocks stated above.

Also I have ran 2 passes and got scores from 3dmark11

I just quit BF3, played it for over an hour without a single crash. game still doesnt max out with two cards OCed :( lol I cant wait to get a water block on the 2nd card and OC it more :D hehe

If it isn't stable I don't know how more stable it can be... I will leave the system running over night and play with it tomorrow some more but I am sure it is as solid as it is going to get.

CPU is at 4.7 w/ 1.4vcore now too.

Well I wouldn't shit you, not about this. The only thing that I changed was removing the fans from the motherboard headers and putting them on a PSU rail

I have ran over 20 passes with Intel burn test while running furmark on the cards, with the clocks stated above.

Also I have ran 2 passes and got scores from 3dmark11

I just quit BF3, played it for over an hour without a single crash. game still doesnt max out with two cards OCed :( lol I cant wait to get a water block on the 2nd card and OC it more :D hehe

If it isn't stable I don't know how more stable it can be... I will leave the system running over night and play with it tomorrow some more but I am sure it is as solid as it is going to get.

CPU is at 4.7 w/ 1.4vcore now too.

At 256x1600 my system can handle BF3 maxed all the way out. However, on multiple monitors, it chokes badly. It's unplayable at native resoution or even at 5760x1200. :eek:

Nick, sorry I missed this SLI issue you were having even though I'm subscribed to this thread. Glad you figured it out. I was going to tell you I've been running GTX460s SLI'd since the beginning without issues.

The only issues I have with this board are the same ones I've always had: UEFI interface doesn't work right with my keyboard and the interface doesn't show all the voltages for everything.

I recently rebuilt my RAID array and had to hook up my old PS2 keyboard to get into the damn RAID config because the mobo wouldn't respond to CTRL-I on my USB keyboard. Sad. It's obvious it's the crappy UEFI also because as soon as Win7 loads into the PE environment off the boot disc, the keyboard responds perfectly.

The saving grace of this board is that it's pretty damn solid when overclocking, which counts for a lot.

Nick, sorry I missed this SLI issue you were having even though I'm subscribed to this thread. Glad you figured it out. I was going to tell you I've been running GTX460s SLI'd since the beginning without issues.

The only issues I have with this board are the same ones I've always had: UEFI interface doesn't work right with my keyboard and the interface doesn't show all the voltages for everything.

I recently rebuilt my RAID array and had to hook up my old PS2 keyboard to get into the damn RAID config because the mobo wouldn't respond to CTRL-I on my USB keyboard. Sad. It's obvious it's the crappy UEFI also because as soon as Win7 loads into the PE environment off the boot disc, the keyboard responds perfectly.

The saving grace of this board is that it's pretty damn solid when overclocking, which counts for a lot.

I didn't have this issue, but I always had such problems with my Razer Black Widow which I no longer use on my test bench. But MSI is usually pretty goood about the keyboard compatibility thing. Which I find little to no excuse for. Gigabyte is actually the buggest constant offender on that but they've been better as of late.

I have no issues with UEFI with any of my devices and I run a Razer Black Widow and a Logitech G5

I wonder now if my issues with getting to 5Ghz had anything to do with the fans being plugged in. I am going to do more testing today and see what I can get to.

Dan_D are those Galaxy 580s 3GB models? @ 2560x1600 and almost max setting I am seeing upwards of 2.2GB of memory used in large conquest maps. Cant imagine what memory you see @ 5760x1200

On smaller maps I can max out the game without any issues, but on Gulf of Omen my cards get hit hard and i cant max out the game and still maintain 60FPS... I like to play with at least 60FPS

I have no issues with UEFI with any of my devices and I run a Razer Black Widow and a Logitech G5

I wonder now if my issues with getting to 5Ghz had anything to do with the fans being plugged in. I am going to do more testing today and see what I can get to.

Dan_D are those Galaxy 580s 3GB models? @ 2560x1600 and almost max setting I am seeing upwards of 2.2GB of memory used in large conquest maps. Cant imagine what memory you see @ 5760x1200

On smaller maps I can max out the game without any issues, but on Gulf of Omen my cards get hit hard and i cant max out the game and still maintain 60FPS... I like to play with at least 60FPS

Well the native multimonitor resolution of my setup is 7680x1600. A setting which is totally unusable to me with my current hardware in BF3. 5760x1200 isn't really a whole lot better. It's not playable like that either. I've got the older 1.5GB models. When I bought my cards 3GB models hadn't been released.

Back