MSI Z270 at 5.2GHz

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Notorious Nathan Kirsch of Legit Reviews's fame has some very sweet pics the new MSI Z270X Xpower Gaming Titanium motherboard running at 5.2GHz with a Intel Core i7-7700K, along with a bit of a writeup.

While he was busy taking pictures of motherboards, I have already finished stress testing the MSI Z270X Xpower Gaming Titanium here in my own offices and handed it over to Dan for further abuse. You can see some first hand stable 5GHz shots at this link. This is one of the reasons we don't go to CES any more. While everyone else is taking pictures of new hardware, HardOCP is testing new hardware. I think we are already on our 5th Z270 motherboard now...

1.5V, not something you would do at home. And is also not the voltage applied at the CPU, it could be much higher.
If it can do stable 5.1GHz at less than 1.4V at the CPU, that would be newsworthy.

Love to see MSI getting the love. I realize Asus is the king of benchmarks, but I'd cut my own finger off before I ever added another Asus product to a cart.

Last edited:
Even better - try RMAing an ASUS product ;)

Oh trust me, of my 3 Asus monitors in my sig one was DOA. 1 had to return for pixel and the replacement occasionally blips like the power supply is faulty, but after dealing with the shitbricks at Asus I'm just gonna wait for it to die before I pick that fight. Even buying those was a leap of faith after my last two Asus videocards died to defective heatsinks asus admitted were fucked but refused my warranty. Meanwhile every MSI & Gigabytre product I've purchased in the last 12 years is still up and working perfectly.

I have a Titanium Z170 board in my cart at amazon but it sounds like I should hold off now that the new stuffs on the way.

off topic, but does using that ribbon to mount the videocard vertical cause any GPU/FPS/Latency issues?

Back