MSI X570 Tomahawk WIFI new bios

Updated. Redid clocks/settings. Upon bootup I found it to be overall snappier/quicker.

Will continue to update progress.

Update:

Everything set as before: Rock steady stable. I noticed it's overall "snappier/quicker". Guess that's whith all new bioses :D

Hope anyone trying this new bios will report back with good results or bad issues.

Is this BIOS still available? I do not see it available under the MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI BIOS section...

Is this BIOS still available? I do not see it available under the MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI BIOS section...
I just checked and yes, it's still available. Once you get to the support page you'll see BIOS. Select it and the drop down menu will appear and show the bios files available.

Noticed MSI removed the 184b and replaced it with just 18. Has a release date of 1/06/2022

I installed this yesterday and it totally borked my Windows 11 system. I think it's something related to the TPM or something, but it kept telling me that my "PIN was no longer available" and I wouldn't let me create another account, recover anything, etc. Every single option just resulted in a reboot. None of the recovery/fix startup etc. options did anything. My settings were all the same as before and I tried toggling everything I could find in the BIOS.
I restored my image with Macrium Reflect and things got worse. It wouldn't even go to the loginscreen.
I was able to re-install Windows just fine via a fresh install, but be careful before installing this. Make sure you have your files backed up somewhere else and don't strictly rely on an image. I've spent the last day re-installing games and whatnot and it's a drag.

That's really odd. I installed the 184b and then once I saw the 18 I installed that. No issues here. Rebooted, when into bios and resetted all my clocks and settings. I've been zipping along since.

Also installed this bios (18) 2 days ago. Running Windows 11. Went into the bios to check all the settings, then saved and rebooted. So far haven’t had any problems. Windows did give me the PIN not available because of a system change message but prompted me to login to my Microsoft account. After going thru this process and resetting my PIN everything’s been working fine.

Also installed this bios (18) 2 days ago. Running Windows 11. Went into the bios to check all the settings, then saved and rebooted. So far haven’t had any problems. Windows did give me the PIN not available because of a system change message but prompted me to login to my Microsoft account. After going thru this process and resetting my PIN everything’s been working fine.

I wish it gave me that option. Whatever option they normally give for logging in to another account was apparently totally borked. I tried creating new accounts via the command prompt in safe mode and it still didn't work. I'm just using this as an "opportunity for a clean start" I suppose. Luckily I had backed up my user folder, so 90% of the effort has just been re-downloading my games and apps. Most configs are in that folder.

When Windows 11 was released I did a full, clean install using my Win 10 key instead of just upgrading. I normally do this when a new Windows version comes out because I like making sure anything old is flushed away and I’m 100% up to date. Don’t know if that‘s the difference why it didn’t just let you reset your PIN but I think I’ve probably avoided problems doing it like this.

I wish it gave me that option. Whatever option they normally give for logging in to another account was apparently totally borked. I tried creating new accounts via the command prompt in safe mode and it still didn't work. I'm just using this as an "opportunity for a clean start" I suppose. Luckily I had backed up my user folder, so 90% of the effort has just been re-downloading my games and apps. Most configs are in that folder.
Shit that sucks. I remember borking my windows way back when I flashed to a new bios and instead of clearing the bios afterwards, I booted overclocked and nuked the main drive of windows. I wanted to see if I can create the problem you're having by clearing cmos and restarting. Booted up just fine with it's defaults. I can't figure out why that happened to you bro. Sorry about your headaches.

Shit that sucks. I remember borking my windows way back when I flashed to a new bios and instead of clearing the bios afterwards, I booted overclocked and nuked the main drive of windows. I wanted to see if I can create the problem you're having by clearing cmos and restarting. Booted up just fine with it's defaults. I can't figure out why that happened to you bro. Sorry about your headaches.

Luckily, it's actually far easier than it used to be. Your user folder includes savegames (and settings) for like 90% of games and programs. Ditto with music, videos, and pictures if you save 'em in the default places. Cloud saves/settings cover most of the rest. Office 365 and Adobe CC can download their entire suites in 10 minutes at Gig speed. I set Steam and Epic to DL my actual games before going to bed. Beyond that, it was just installing a couple drivers and a half dozen other programs. I was back up and running like nothing ever happened the next day.

My theory is that it could relate to me renaming my user folders. By default, Windows creates your user folder based on your Windows ID/Hotmail address. You can use some registry edits to change it, which I did so it would be my name. It's never been an issue before, but I've also never gotten an error about my PIN before, either.

New Bios Up!

191beta
  • Description:
    - Update to AMD ComboAm4v2PI 1.2.0.6c
  • - Support AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Date: 3/23/2020

Anyhows, rock steady for me:

191.jpg

I'm still on 1.2.0.5 AGESA and have 0 issues... the way around the voltage bug was to keep 140A EDC in the bios, but simply change it to whatever you wanted above that in windows using Ryzen Master. Performance has never been better for me and am perfectly stable. Very hesitant on trying 1.2.0.6b or c unless memory speeds and clocking has improved for 3800Mhz+.

Back