MSI X370 GAMING M7 ACK on the Test Bench

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
I am just getting a new MSI X370 GAMING M7 ACK motherboard ($210 after $20MIR) onto the test bench in order to start the review process. It is a good looking motherboard that has worked perfectly so far. The heatsinks down on the MOSFETs are rock solid, and the board feels to be solidly constructed. Not real sure what the "ACK" is about , but if it gives us a chance to reference Bill the Cat, I am all for that.

Check out the pics.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking to build a new rig soon so hope this pans out. It's in my price range!

I have the x299 version. It's a good board, just wish when you clear or rest the bios it would default to raid vs ahci. When bios clears it defaults to ahci which breaks the array. Right now I am stable at 4.5 ghz 1.2 vcore on an 7800x. I am sure she can go higher I just haven had the time to work it more.

"ACK" is MSI's acknowledgement that you want to talk to them about why we can't get a decent selection of MATX x370 boards.

Can it run 4 sticks of DDR4-3200+ ram? Also does the m.2 drives short out occasionally and do the USB 3.1 headers work with the case's USB ports? I bought the MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon and that board made me angry about switching from Asus.

Again I wait to build. I may be stuck with this machine forever at this point :|
Bill the Cat made me smile, kind of makes up for it...sort of I suppose.

Back