MSI Vs. ASUS 6700 XT

Hulk

Supreme [H]ardness
What are the pros and cons of these two GPUs:

• MSI Gaming Radeon RX 6700 XT​

• ASUS Dual AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT​

I've narrowed my list to the above two cards and can't decide which one to purchase. I'd like one that is very quiet and has no coil whine.

Both seem to be great but the Asus is 50 bucks cheaper right now on amazon so maybe that one?

That being said, I have to ask... why not get a reference 6750XT from amd.com directly? It handily beats up the 6700 XT and is available at MSRP. Just wondering.

https://www.amd.com/en/direct-buy/5618082100/us

EDIT: Not sure about coil whine as that seems to be very random.

I like the idea of getting a 6750XT but I have $200 in gift cards over at Amazon so I'd like to purchase a card there plus Amazon has a great return policy. I bought a AMD Radeon R9 FURY X at Amazon a while back and had to return two of them because of massive coil whine before I got one that was totally silent and they gave me no trouble returning them.

According to GPU Benchmark the 6750 XT is 7% faster than the 6700 XT, I don't think that is a major upgrade unless there are other things it offers that I'm unaware of.

Also, my case is a Cooler Master HAF 922 (it's considered "vintage" now if you look at the auctions on ebay) so I need a card that has only two fans and is less than 31cm long (12.2 inches). I'm afraid any GPU with 3 fans is simply too long. I like my current R9 FURY X because it's like 7 inches long (not counting the radiator).

Back