MSI Unveils Water Block Booled Graphics Cards, SEA HAWK EK X

HardOCP News

[H] News
MSI is proud to announce an expansion in the GAMING graphics card line up with the MSI GeForce® GTX 1080 SEA HAWK EK X and MSI GeForce® 1070 SEA HAWK EK X. Based on the new NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 10 series, the graphic cards are equipped with an EK high performance full cover water block to fulfill the demands of extreme performance. This ground breaking partnership which spawned the MSI GeForce® GTX 1080 SEA HAWK EK X and MSI GeForce® GTX 1070 SEA HAWK EK X is the next step towards an even better gaming experience. These graphics cards combine MSI’s top-notch graphics card engineering with the dominant water cooling expertise by EK. The supreme liquid cooling performance guarantees a stable, silent GAMING experience. Looking for some DIY fun? The SEA HAWK EK X comes with a pre-installed water block out of the box. This eliminates the need to remove the cooler or make any other changes to the graphics card and risking causing damage to it. Simply connect the SEA HAWK EK X to the water loop in any gaming rig, and create the ultimate water cooled gaming rig.

And more video cards that aren't available. (pulling hair out). I quit reading the articles!

Don't be a bool, stay in school!

On a more related matter, it doesn't seem like there's much headroom in the 1080 beyond 2.1 and it looks like almost all of them can reach or come close to that when boosting with simple overclocks on air. I don't think that's a big deal considering how fast these things are already. But there are those that just have to max blocks, I mean clocks, to be happy.

Hopefully next year I will move away from air cooled to watercooled. Even the fans will have watercooling.

Hmmm. Is it worth banging up the 980Ti for this?
Not yet, not quite yet.

Sea Dragon hawk? MSI enough with the dragon already. Seriously does the dragon tattoo get anyone besides a 14 year old pumped to buy the product?

I was toying with going with a custom water loop last year when I got my two 980ti's but I added up the costs, and surprisingly the total for all the compression fittings just pushed it over the edge for me...

Maybe I'll take another look at it again soon. I've always wanted to build a custom water loop.

Back