MSI RMA Questions

jpinks

Weaksauce
Ok I have a 2 month old P67a-GD55, thats apparently shot craps. Processor is fine. Newegg where I got it from is saying I have to RMA thru MSI. Board wont even post into bios now or load a windows 7. But it will boot other disks like Knoppix, but crashes just like it started in windows. I usually only buy Asus and never had a problem in 20 years of using there stuff. Should I just eat this MSI board and buy a new Asus board?? How bad is MSI to do RMA's thru I have read some horror stories.

What have you got to lose by RMA'ing the board?

If anything, if you are that concerned about it, talk to them on the phone and by email. If you still aren't satisfied, go ahead and buy a new board. I don't see why you would if you can get it replaced. MSI seems to be doing a better job than they have in the past from what I gathered.

do the RMA, buy a new board in the meantime and just keep whichever board you like better.

Do the RMA but you HAVE to specify to them exactly what happened. I had to send my board in three times because they could not follow simple directions...

Well I took my computer to a local Computer Shop (to have them check the processor etc) I have done business with for years both personal and corporate and they are a MSI dealer/distributor whatever. They say it will RMA fine, just 60 days and the board shoots craps just kinda concerns me. First time since the VIA chipset (Abit mobo for those who remember them) days I havent bought a Asus board, so thats where my concern lies mostly. Heck I have a 7 year old pc with a Asus mobo my kids use everyday and that thing still hasnt had an issue.

Well I took my computer to a local Computer Shop (to have them check the processor etc) I have done business with for years both personal and corporate and they are a MSI dealer/distributor whatever. They say it will RMA fine, just 60 days and the board shoots craps just kinda concerns me. First time since the VIA chipset (Abit mobo for those who remember them) days I havent bought a Asus board, so thats where my concern lies mostly. Heck I have a 7 year old pc with a Asus mobo my kids use everyday and that thing still hasnt had an issue.

Both Asus and MSI have boards that die right out of the box or within a few days or first use. It happens but its not common for either brand.

buy a new asus board that you like and sell the msi when its back from rma...you probubly have a bad taste for msi now so be happy and buy an asus...msi has been doing very well with their p67 boards..
id have no problem going with msi even though i have a very good opinion of asus..
just read up on the forums about the asus boards some models are still buggy..
i personally like the biostar board http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138317
reviews are great and its priced right...good looking board too....just a thought....

MSI rma is great!Last year I bought a board from ebay and it was doa and they rma'd it no problem LOL. I just paid the shipping to them. a $150 board (at the time) for 70... no hassles either

Thanks for the advice guys. Yeah the Asus bugginess is why I tried the MSI I have sent it off for the RMA. I just hope it stays under 2 weeks down.

Back