MSI Rebates

aquabusa

Weaksauce
Has anyone received a rebate from MSI? Does anyone know if their rebate department has gotten better?

Yes, I did a rebate a year ago. I got denied and then emailed them a copy of the invoice (they claimed I didn't send it) and was approved the next day.

I did 3 rebates with them within 6 months, I did not have any issues at all.
It did take about 6 weeks to get the rebates tho... but the fineprint says it can take up to 8 weeks.

I did a $30 MSI rebate last year for a 6950 took quite a while to get the rebate though. I think it took a week or two longer than their longest estimate.

Done one, got it back, took forever (maximum amount of time from estimate...like 10 weeks).

Actually no...longer than that. Sent the rebate in late September and got it back just recently (first week of January).

I did one and it took about two months from mailing it out to reviving the prepaid card.

Anything @ 4myrebate has never been an issue for me, but I follow instructions to the letter.

Print receipt from your order. Circle the item for the rebate.(scan and save copy)
Print rebate form. Sign and date clearly.Check applicable fields. Tape UPC over example UPC. (scan and save copy of this)

Mail it with the exact mailing address. Even all rebate number BS.

My rebates are always ontime if not early. I've 50-60. Lots of OCZ.

Thats usually it. I had one hold up where I fucked up and forgot something. I just emailed them the copy I made and all good.

I did a rebate with them back in September...received it in December...I love the way they keep in touch with you every step of the way...from the time they receive it, process it and mail it...they even show you a photocopy of the rebate form and items you sent it...very happy with MSI

Anything @ 4myrebate has never been an issue for me, but I follow instructions to the letter.

Print receipt from your order. Circle the item for the rebate.(scan and save copy)
Print rebate form. Sign and date clearly.Check applicable fields. Tape UPC over example UPC. (scan and save copy of this)

Mail it with the exact mailing address. Even all rebate number BS.

My rebates are always ontime if not early. I've 50-60. Lots of OCZ.

Thats usually it. I get my rebate
Yup, I'm around 50 with 100% satisfaction. Corsair, Powercooler, OCZ, MSI, ASUS, Patriot.

Like most others here, have done multiple through MSI without much trouble. Wasn't super fast, but still got them.

Wow, sounds like everyone got their rebate from MSI- I wonder why there are so many warnings on google http://lmgtfy.com/?q=MSI+rebates

I sort of wonder that, but honestly I hear the same about nearly every company that offers rebates. I'm not trying to be a dick maybe a few people really just have bad luck, but thing is yes a long long time ago all rebates were hit and miss then there was some big fiasco about companies not reserving money for rebate payouts. It turned into a class-action thing. Ever since thing most companies use 4myrebate. It's some sort of third party deal run in California. they're clear they even warn you to back everything up. The support is very responsive, but I've even had perfectly luck with those who dont use them like Antec and PNY.

I'm starting to think people are mailing them a drawing of a spider instead of their rebate info.

One thing I notice is too people try the sketchy stuff like free or better after rebate. Thats just dumb. People get burned and then they wanna go whine about getting rejected.

During the DDR2 and DDR3 price wars I must have done 25+ rebates alone. Never one single problem, but include EVERYTHING they ask for. printed out bold type. I dont fill my rebate out on a cocktail napkin in crayon which I have definitely seen people do. This may seem anal but when I'm filling out rebates that you do by hand if I even think my S looks like a 5 or anything is not perfectly legible I reprint it out and do it again.

Last edited:
Yeah I'd say a lot of them are probably people who can't follow directions or don't have a realistic expectation for the time span that a rebate will take. Though there are the unlucky ones where your info gets lost in the mail before it even gets to the rebate center or you have a UPC code fall out due to poor delivery or when they open the letter. I've actually had the lost UPC code happen to me. I had a scan of everything, but they didn't alert me about it until 4 or 5 weeks in and by then I was just like screw it and didn't bother sending in my scans.

I'm starting to think people are mailing them a drawing of a spider instead of their rebate info.

spiderdrawing.gif

Back