MSI Radeon X1900XTX - $276.99 after MIR

Hippie

n00b
Thought this was a nifty deal...
426.99 - 150$MIR = 276.99$

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814127205

MSI RX1900XTX-VT2D512E Radeon X1900XTX 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Card With Full Version Game King Kong - Retail

EDIT: I'd like to extend that a little extra, looks like there are more MSI MIR here
http://images10.newegg.com/UploadFi...TX Crossfire also has a 150$ MIRs....Schweet.

WHAT

nice find!!

::edit::

yessssssss, the rebate doesn't expire until the 30th! that means i have enough time to save up :D:D:D

What perfect timing, my wife just told me that I could spend up to $300 on a new video card. I can't wait to receive this puppy in the mail!

I'm usually an nVidia person, and I don't even really need a new video card, but damn, I just may buy this. Thanks!

bass_ec said:
I'd seriously wait till the DX10 cards come out.

I seriously wouldn't. We will not see DX10 only games until at least a year passes.
+ the nv80 sucks ass, r600 might be ok.

kohan69 said:
I seriously wouldn't. We will not see DX10 only games until at least a year passes.
Mind elaborating on that bias before I permanently ignore you for making a comment just about precisely as intelligent as I would expect somebody with 69 in their name to make?

finalgt said:
Mind elaborating on that bias before I permanently ignore you for making a comment just about precisely as intelligent as I would expect somebody with 69 in their name to make?

Please don't flame in a thread. Use PM for personal problems.
I gave a consumer's opinion. DX10 cards will be out in January or later, costing over $500. Sure the prices will drop for x1900xtx but not less than $220, since the low and midrange cards have to be sold as well.

nice deal, I have been looking for one of these. Too bad I haven't found a pci-e mobo deal yet...

Um, okay, but I wasn't talking about your "DX10 bias," I was more just curious as to how you know the NV80 will suck and R600 "might be good," considering nobody knows anything about either yet. That's not a consumer's opinion, that's a you-know-what spreading disinformation because he likes one company better than the other.

does anyone else feel like they are risking a whole lot.... I think the $150 MIR is a bit too much for me to pull the trigger...

Seufari said:
does anyone else feel like they are risking a whole lot.... I think the $150 MIR is a bit too much for me to pull the trigger...

You can always sue them in small claims court for $180 ($150 + $30 for filing) -it would cost them 3x as much just to send a representative, they'd rather pay from their own pocket then to argue.

dwilson041781 said:
could u explain what preferred account is?details, thanx in advance.

On the video card by itself Egg gives a 1.1% discount. For $500.00 or more they give you 6 months to pay it off. Newegg also sends you a credit card.

bass_ec said:
I'd seriously wait till the DX10 cards come out.

From what I've read DX10 will only work with Vista, which will cost about $300.00, somewhere in that area.

Wait for R600.
If R600 comes out and you don't like the reviews, you could buy a X1900XTX for like $10 at that point.

Wow man, you've gotta tell me where you're getting your video cards from, because Newegg is selling the 9600 Pro for 50 bucks, which is 4 years old and wasn't even the top of the line when it came out. :rolleyes:

kohan69 said:

DX10 games will be coming out in less than 5 months.

So even though newegg is sold out of these things, there is still a good list of vendors that have them. Even though I started this damn post I missed the newegg deal, but I got mine through someone else for 300$(which is still a good deal in my book) The list of vendors:

Qualifying Online Store: ABS.com, ActBuy.com, Atacom.com, Ateck.com, Axiontech.com, Buy.com, BuyStarPC.com, cbwstores.com,
Cheapguys.com, ChiefValue.com, Clubit.com, Compucare.com, Computer3G.com, ComputerBrain.com, Computerhq.com,
ComputerSonics.com, ComputerStop.com, Cyberpowerinc.com, Directron.com, Ebccomputers.com, Ecost.com, Ewiz.com, Ezbuyclub.com,
Gear.iBuyPower.com, infotechnow.com, MicroCenter.com, MonarchComputer.com, Mwave.com, Newegg.com, Onsale.com, PCClub.com,
PCConnection.com, PCMall.com, Shop.hdnw.com, SpaceCenterSystems.com, PCNation.com, TigerDirect.com, XPCGear.com,
BuyXG.com, zipzoomfly.com, Zones.com

I really wish I would have jumped on this. Newegg seems to be running out of all their ATI video cards. They must be getting rid of them to make room for x1950s

the rebate applies to the XTX and XT mastercard. I bought the MSI X1900XT mastercard with this deal on newegg... ended up being $307... hot deal fo sho! (they are out of stock on the MC now)

Lemme get this straight - buying this X1900XTX from any one of those qualified vendors will let you use the $150 rebate? Monarch has it for $375, making the final price $225?!?! Wow.

GregP said:
Lemme get this straight - buying this X1900XTX from any one of those qualified vendors will let you use the $150 rebate? Monarch has it for $375, making the final price $225?!?! Wow.

No, where do you see that?
!

Seufari said:

I saw this deal last week and passed. I went for the straight up $322 ATi retail model.
I'm sure the rebate will come through but how long will it take ?

Archer75 said:
DX10 games will be coming out in less than 5 months.

I'm only aware of one upcoming DX10 title, Crysis.
Whether it will be here in less than 5 months is highly contentious.
If I were guessing, I'd say it's still 6-9 months away.

Aside from that one game, I believe it will be at least a year before DX10
games begin trickling in. Look at what happened with DX9.
The hardware came out and it was well over a year before any native DX9 games arrived.
I don't think DX10 will be a big deal until 2008.

EVE is coming out with a DX10 Vista client. Isn't UT2007 a DX10 game?

Back