current rig
i5 6400 2.7ghz
8gb kingston 2133 ddr4
single MSI r9 390x
platinum 1000w psu with multi fan casing

I intend to get 2nd gpu and windows 10. Can't find any cf r9 390x on fallout 4 max gaming despite the crossfire fix on crimson driver and Bethesda patch. i still see missing render ocassionally during loading where it'll show a gun, a creature in rotating display.

Loading time sometimes get more than 2 minutes while most pc gamers with 32gb ram on i7 would wait just 30s. Should i upgrade to 32gb ram or it's my slow skylake cpu?

Its not often people claim a slow clocked cpu makes whatever game load slower. OP what kind of ssd are you using? If your running off a slow spinner hd then that cant be helping (a good defrag would cut a min off)

Oh Lord. I forgot to read the entire post. I was thinking it was slow frames.

Anyway, the fallout 4 load times are an issue. Still, the only way to help is to get an ssd. The more mods and game saves on file, the longer it will take to load. Also, some mods can conflict a bit and make things less efficient.

over 2 min load times = HDD, change to SSD to fix that or even better SSD RAID0.
and OC that cpu if you can.

current rig
i5 6400 2.7ghz
8gb kingston 2133 ddr4
single MSI r9 390x
platinum 1000w psu with multi fan casing

I intend to get 2nd gpu and windows 10. Can't find any cf r9 390x on fallout 4 max gaming despite the crossfire fix on crimson driver and Bethesda patch. i still see missing render ocassionally during loading where it'll show a gun, a creature in rotating display.

Loading time sometimes get more than 2 minutes while most pc gamers with 32gb ram on i7 would wait just 30s. Should i upgrade to 32gb ram or it's my slow skylake cpu?

Upgrade that CPU. I went from a 2.8Ghz i7 930 to a i7 6700 overclocked to 4.6Ghz and its a beastly upgrade. I can't even begin to tell you what a difference it is. Games are going to be more hungry than ever for CPU cycles with Direct X 12. I'd go for at least a 6600.

If you're only having problems with "loading" screens taking too long, my suspicion would be that you're IO bound, not CPU or GPU bound.

The CPU is probably holding that 390X back, but for the issue you're complaining about here, I'd be looking at the hard drive you have the game installed on. Before you just replace it, though, make sure you don't have anything actually wrong, such as a flaky cable that's forcing it into PIO mode or something.

Check the Storage Speed and the space you have, now if you plan doing CF, OC the CPU or get an i7 (some z170 mobo allow OC on non k CPU bios a certain bios)

Back