MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION installing Windows 10 on RAID-0 (Xpander card)

tived

Limp Gawd
Hi Gals and Gals,

I am having an issue installing windows 10 on a RAID-0

system
MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
Ryzen 9 3900x, Noctua D-15
2x32gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200
1x Seagate 520 1tb gen4 NVME
2x Corsair MP600 2tb gen4 NVME
MSI XPANDER NVME card (holds 2 NVME)
ASUS RTX-2070 super

I would like to setup Windows 10 on the two MP600 in RAID-0, but I am struggling and need help

I have set the bios up for RAID, UFEI I removed the Seagate to avoid conflict and because I accidentally initialised it 🤦🏼

the Bios sees a 3.9tb raid from the two MP600 in the RAIDXPERT2 module under Advance. I don’t see any reference to it anywhere else in the BIOS, it doesn’t show up in the boot sequence ( I am used to traditional raid controllers LSI/ARECA) where you can see them load.

when I boot into the windows setup (USB key) I see two disks 1.8tb and not the RAID-0

I have tried to load the three AMD RAID DRIVERS but they don’t seem to make any difference

any ideas or should I raise the white flag give up and be happy with a single disk for boot disk?

really appreciate your help

thanks

henrik

my previous system was an EVGA SR-2 (2010) 5650x 48gb ram 20xSSD looking for a new home

Hi Gals and Gals,

I am having an issue installing windows 10 on a RAID-0

system
MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
Ryzen 9 3900x, Noctua D-15
2x32gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200
1x Seagate 520 1tb gen4 NVME
2x Corsair MP600 2tb gen4 NVME
MSI XPANDER NVME card (holds 2 NVME)
ASUS RTX-2070 super

I would like to setup Windows 10 on the two MP600 in RAID-0, but I am struggling and need help

I have set the bios up for RAID, UFEI I removed the Seagate to avoid conflict and because I accidentally initialised it 🤦🏼

the Bios sees a 3.9tb raid from the two MP600 in the RAIDXPERT2 module under Advance. I don’t see any reference to it anywhere else in the BIOS, it doesn’t show up in the boot sequence ( I am used to traditional raid controllers LSI/ARECA) where you can see them load.

when I boot into the windows setup (USB key) I see two disks 1.8tb and not the RAID-0

I have tried to load the three AMD RAID DRIVERS but they don’t seem to make any difference

any ideas or should I raise the white flag give up and be happy with a single disk for boot disk?

really appreciate your help

thanks

henrik

my previous system was an EVGA SR-2 (2010) 5650x 48gb ram 20xSSD looking for a new home
the nvme card is 8 lane and ur gpu is 8 lane.

u need to set the bios for the nvme card slot, to bifurcation - ie. x4 x4

each nvme slot is 4 lanes, so u must split the 8 lane slot into 2x x4.

i imagine the msi site has instructions for the card.

i read a post from a design engineer whose office all ran triple nvme in raid 0 as system drives for their TR workstations. If ur backups are good, it sounds very cool.

Reactions: tived
like this

i read a post from a design engineer whose office all ran triple nvme in raid 0 as system drives for their TR workstations. If ur backups are good, it sounds very cool.

I'm not sure any of that is actually necessary. I have one of those as it comes with my MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE board, but I haven't used it. However, in my experience with RAID0 and NVMe on X570, the drivers simply suck. I've had to try several different versions of the drivers and files in order to get them to detect the disk.

Reactions: tived
like this

thanks msroadkill612, I’ll have a look at
i hope it will work

I'm not sure any of that is actually necessary. I have one of those as it comes with my MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE board, but I haven't used it. However, in my experience with RAID0 and NVMe on X570, the drivers simply suck. I've had to try several different versions of the drivers and files in order to get them to detect the disk.
Hi Dan_D,
yes, if the various suggestions don’t work. I think you are right
it doesn’t feel as if it is a solid as my old EVGA SR2

Back