MSI President and CEO Sheng-Chang Chiang Has Died

Status
Not open for further replies.

erek

[H]F Junkie
Sad, wonder how he fell

"MSI President and CEO Sheng-Chang Chiang has died, he was 56. The Taiwanese press reports that he died from falling from a building, causing head injury, although the circumstances behind the fall are unknown and subject of a Police investigation. Sheng-Chang Chiang took over MSI as recently as January 2019, and is regarded in the industry as the man who scripted the company's turnaround in the desktop computing product segments, as head of the Desktop Computing business at MSI, under the Gaming brand of motherboards and graphics cards. Our most sincere respects and condolences go out to the family of Sheng-Chang Chiang and MSI. "

https://www.techpowerup.com/269513/msi-president-and-ceo-sheng-chang-chiang-has-died

A Taiwanese exec dies from falling off a building? I would look across the strait at the CCP.
It very much reeks of governmental intervention. I wonder why, though I am sure we may never know.

Sounds like he reprised the standard banker exec falls out the window / off a building story.

Those are always "accidental" too.

I guess I'm stupid, didn't know Taiwan was part of china. So made in Taiwan means made in China... mind blown.

Maybe he tried to look somewhere? Falling off a building is usually the last thing you do accidentally though..

I guess I'm stupid, didn't know Taiwan was part of china. So made in Taiwan means made in China... mind blown.

Free Chinese forces fled to Taiwan after the Communists took over. USA backs Taiwan against invasion from China while China claims that the island is theirs.

He had a heart condition. A heart attack causing a fall is not an unusual cause of death.

We had someone at work have a heart attack and fall off a parking deck.....in front of the whole office.
I could swear this was an episode of The Office except Michael was faking it and landed on a trampoline or something.

China doesn't consider Taiwan part of China.
My wife is Taiwanese. She would never consider herself Chinese. She makes me laugh all the time though when people ask her if she is Chinese, she just smiles coyly and replies "yes".
I just remind her like Dave Chapelle said "you all look alike to us." She tells me it goes both ways. I say " true that".

China doesn't consider Taiwan part of China.

Sure it does: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-China_policy

" The One China concept is different from the "One China principle", which is the principle that insists both Taiwan and mainland China are inalienable parts of a single "China".[3] A modified form of the "One China" principle known as the "1992 Consensus" is the current policy of the PRC government. Under this "consensus", both governments "agree" that there is only one sovereign state encompassing both mainland China and Taiwan, but disagree about which of the two governments is the legitimate government of this state. An analogous situation existed with West and East Germany in 1950–1970, North and South Korea, and more recently, the Syrian government and Syrian opposition. "

A Taiwanese exec dies from falling off a building? I would look across the strait at the CCP.
Unlike our CIA, they don't bother with the subtlety of a heart-attack gun, as they actually don't mind everyone knowing its them.
My wife is Taiwanese. She would never consider herself Chinese. She makes me laugh all the time though when people ask her if she is Chinese, she just smiles coyly and replies "yes".
Well, she is "Chinese ethnicity" you could say, since they are the same race after all having literally come from China. Even Hongkongers (Hongkies?) hate mainlanders and the CCP.

"Fell from a building".

Well that sucks. I hope their products don't suffer. Prayers to his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back