MSI N770 2GD5/OC is a *reference PCB* !

Zoson

Supreme [H]ardness
I wanted to watercool my GPUS, but the EK configurator showed the PCB for this card was the same as the TF version.

Turns out that is NOT TRUE.
I just disassembled one of my GPUS and here are the PCB shots. This is very, VERY clearly a reference PCB.

Time to buy some full cover blocks! Wheee!

Click for big versions.

As far as I know, nearly all of the MSI gamer OC GPUs are reference PCB based. Maybe minor small details here and there such as different caps, but I think all of those cards under the "gamer" series are 100% reference, but binned chips.

The non reference PCB cards are the Lightning series. Those are definitely not reference.

As far as I know, nearly all of the MSI gamer OC GPUs are reference PCB based. Maybe minor small details here and there such as different caps, but I think all of those cards under the "gamer" series are 100% reference, but binned chips.

The non reference PCB cards are the Lightning series. Those are definitely not reference.

WRONG. The "GAMER" Cards have a custom PCB.

This is NOT a "GAMER" card. This is NOT a TF card. This is just an N770 2GD5/OC(as can be seen in the backside screenshot).
Not to be confused with the N770 TF Gamer 2GD5/OC.

You made the EXACT same mistake/assumption that EK did.

Edit: Proof/FYI, here is a "GAMER" series card PCB:
17.jpg

I googled that card. seams to be a hidden gem. by the looks of the fins behind the fan it has a reference titan/780 cooler under that shroud. can you provide some pics.

It does have a reference titan/780 cooler. I unfortunately did not take pics of it, and the card is back together. When I watercool them, I'll take pics of it. Saving the money for now.

Sorry to necro, but I finally got around to doing this:

So now you guys have shots of the bare pcb and the cooler.

Back