MSI MPG Z790 Edge DDR4 - how to disable onboard Realtek audio?

OpenSource Ghost

Limp Gawd
I disable onboard Realtek audio in UEFI/BIOS, but it still shows up in Windows Device Manager. Is that a bug or is that normal?

I disable onboard Realtek audio in UEFI/BIOS, but it still shows up in Windows Device Manager. Is that a bug or is that normal?
I believe normal. It shows the hardware is present and functionally intact. But it should not actually function if you try to use it. Does the speaker output work?

Disable in bios and disable audio in windows device manager, Problems sloved. I say

or enable in bios and disable in windows device manager. if you need it, you just renable in windows

I believe normal. It shows the hardware is present and functionally intact. But it should not actually function if you try to use it. Does the speaker output work?
Yes, it works when disabled in UEFI/BIOS. That means disabling of that device vie UEFI/BIOS is broken.

I never installed any drivers and/or software for Realtek Audio. Windows Device manager simply detects it and applies its generic driver to it. I disabled it in Device Manager, but that's just an incomplete solution. It should be possible to disable it fully in UEFI/BIOS.

Sounds like a question for MSI support. Might be the firmware option isn't hooked up properly, but we can't fix your firmware.

Yeah, I thought the same, but figured other people could confirm having the same issue and I could direct MSI Tech Support to a thread that describes such an issue.

Back