MSI K8N Neo2 Plat. Prod. date & Ocing

Ok guys here is a question for ya. Have any of you ever heard that specifc models of MSI K8N Neo2 Platinums do better at overclocking (or versions made from specific dates) It was told to me via the people from Gskill memory that due to refinment in productions and advancement it quality that boards made on or after November of 04 were better overclockers then previous models. According to the folks at Gskill, in china any customer can walk in to a computer parts store and actually try out parts before they purchase them. (pretty cool sounding to me) Including overclocking them. Anyhow The good folks at Gskill did say that due to specifc production date break that there are specifc boards that do overclock better because the are a stronger board for doing so. But thats the Scoop. Production date on the board is what I belive is the 1st 6 numbers on the Serial number so mine would be 040803 (but read backwards) 3rd of August of 04. Anyhow this realates for me cause of some stabillity issues I am having and this is something that Gskill had pointed out. Looks like the Cpu nor the Mem is the issue but the mobo. So we will see. I was going to RMA this board to begin with cause of some other issues that it has and see what happens. (dead lan connection and a dead IDE slot)

The Cpt.

nweibley said:
I have heard this too, cpt, IM me at kennyguy67 via AIM if you would please :)

Sent you a PM. I will be on AIM for a while tonight til 10:30pm my time. My AIM is Constevensbd give me a shout.

Peace

The Cpt.

Apparently the northbridges were improved and thus the max fsb is increased. But of course even my week old neo2 939 had covered about 1/3 the northbridge as far as heatsink paste goes so that helps in old or new boards as well to "fix" that issue! :p

Doesn't help that the chip is concave, either - blob coating of AS (rather than a film coating) required to do anything at all!

Back