MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum - USB 2.0 problems

Twisted Logic

Weaksauce
Dear Hardforums,

I recently bought an MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum and am unable to get Windows to recognize the usb 2.0. I know for a fact that the mainboard supports usb 2.0. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Twisted Logic

Twisted Logic said:
Dear Hardforums,

I recently bought an MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum and am unable to get Windows to recognize the usb 2.0. I know for a fact that the mainboard supports usb 2.0. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Twisted Logic

From the front ports (off the motherboard) or from the back ports. What OS are you running aswell.

If it is a bug how can I fix it. Already tried flashing the bios, looking for drivers for usb 2.0 but alas I can't find any. Any other thoughts?

It's a common issue, REMOVE any cable plugged into the port before installing the driver. You may want to just start in safe mode, uninstall the ethernet drivers, restart and load the newest driver, just make sure you don't have any cables plugged in that port.

**edit** Just noticed this was USB not Ethernet, rofl.. sorry about that...

But if you get an Ethernet probablem, you've got the solution now :p

Hrm thanks, I have read around and found out that the motherboard has problems with USB 2.0 compatability. I have NO idea what's going on, but I will try the things mentioned here and then get back toyou.

I've always had problems getting winXP/2003 to properly recognize the usb 2.0 controllers on lots of mobos. I've always fixed it by going into the device manager, going to the usb 2.0 controller and saying "update driver" and just letting it find the driver on it's own. It would then reinstall the driver and everything would be all set. Strange, huh?

Strykar said:
It's a common issue, REMOVE any cable plugged into the port before installing the driver. You may want to just start in safe mode, uninstall the ethernet drivers, restart and load the newest driver, just make sure you don't have any cables plugged in that port.

**edit** Just noticed this was USB not Ethernet, rofl.. sorry about that...

But if you get an Ethernet probablem, you've got the solution now :p

hahaha! that made me laugh thanks. :p

Twisted Logic said:
If it is a bug how can I fix it. Already tried flashing the bios, looking for drivers for usb 2.0 but alas I can't find any. Any other thoughts?

Well I know with the via problem your pretty much sol. There is some patches out there that supposedly fix issues with sp2. and it has to do with xp sp2. the only thing I can suggest is to goto viaareana.com forums and try some of the fixes for via problems. The fixes never fixed my problem but they might fix yours.

Can you post a little info about the actual device/s your trying to connect.

Brand, Type, Model Number etc

Re-flashed my bios, good news is it found the usb 2.0 controller now! Bad news, I no longer have my buddies USB external drive to test it with. =P

Thanks for all your help!

Back