MSI K8N BIOS memory fried.

ShaolinDragon

Limp Gawd
Ok, when I was putting case back together, I decided to clear the CMOS, put the pin on the clear CMOS pinheader, and tried to put it back on, but I had missed and didnt realise it. I boot up, and it wont post, I check the JBAT header, and find I left it on, so I turn off computer immediately. Now my BIOS buggers itself up every time I leave it off for more than 5 minutes, so I have to go back into my case and reset the pinheader. Anyone else have this problem? Is it repairable is the most important aspect for me :)

I assume youve gone into BIOS setup and loaded defaults?
if that didnot fix it, reflash it.

In the manual it says it will damage the mainboard if the CMOS clear jumper is set while the computer is on. I will try and reflash the BIOS, but I dont know if it will help.

I never had a problem rebooting the computer with the jumper on clear cmos setting... The computer will boot and shut itself off.

Just swap jumpers back and you will be good to go. It should have reset to default still.

noobtech said:
I never had a problem rebooting the computer with the jumper on clear cmos setting... The computer will boot and shut itself off.

Just swap jumpers back and you will be good to go. It should have reset to default still.

Dead thread ressurection alert!!!!

hahaha, I revived the dead... do I get special points to earn a free 7800 GTX? :D

I would say go to MSI website forums and see if you can find anything from there. Typically a set back to default or a reflash should fix the problem. But you could have possibly fried you board.

Back