MSI Introduces Six GTX 1070 Ti Model Video Cards

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
While we are just now getting GTX 1070 Ti cards into our hands for testing, I thought it was noteworthy of just how many 1070 Ti models that MSI is planning. Worthy of mention also is that all GTX 1070 Ti models will come at "reference" GPU clock speeds.

Check out the pics.

As the world's most popular GAMING hardware vendor, MSI is proud to announce a full line up of graphics cards based on NVIDIA’s new gaming GPU. Building on the monumental success of MSI’s award winning GAMING series, the MSI GeForce® GTX 1070 Ti Titanium 8G and GTX 1070 Ti GAMING 8G come equipped with the full force of the TWIN FROZR VI cooler, allowing for higher core and memory clock speeds for increased performance in games. The famous shapes of the eye-catching TWIN FROZR cooler are intensified by a fiery GAMING glow piercing through the cover, while the MSI GAMING dragon RGB LED on the side can be set to millions of colors to match your mood or build. A completely new custom 10-phase PCB design using Military Class Level components with 6-pin and 8-pin power connectors enables higher performance to push your graphics card to the max.

links are sending me to an article about 1070ti overclocking or lack there of

Why 6 ffs? There doesn't need to be more then 3 really and that is pushing it. This just like mother boards.

write ups are saying 1070 Ti cards can be OC'ed but there is a 'cap' on how high you can OC which I think is excellent because there are so many liars and cheaters in the world who will sell you their cards that have been OC'ed to death but never tell you it was OC'ed

Hopefully it drives down the price of the regular 1070 in Canada. They seem to be averaging the price of the 1070Ti after conversion at the moment. Be nice to upgrade my wife and my daughter's PCs.

Looks like they want to compete at all levels without reducing general prices.
ie they dont want to start a price war but need another way to get a larger share of the market.
Sad for us because better cards could be cheaper.

So is nvidia done making GPUs after Volta? They haven't released a roadmap in about 50 years.

Maybe Jen-Hsun is going to get into his fully autonomous Lamborghini and drive off into the sunset?

Thumbs down from me. Artificial OC caps make me a sad panda

I was reading other random articles about the TI and they were saying it slots right in with the 1070's $350 price tag. Wait, what? I haven't seen a single 1070 for anywhere near that low. It's always at $400+.

I was reading other random articles about the TI and they were saying it slots right in with the 1070's $350 price tag. Wait, what? I haven't seen a single 1070 for anywhere near that low. It's always at $400+.

I bought my 1070 at release for MSRP day one, could have sold it for almost 500 during the mining fever a few months ago...instead I went and bought 18 other GPU's to throw a cheap farm together before everything went crazy :)

memory shortage combined with mining still going on means demand is high, supply is low. What I like to tell most people is buy the card you want, mine on it for 30 days (byproduct heat produced is a great perk of mining during winter), boom suddenly you have a $60 discount for that 1 month of running the GPU.

While having more options is great, there's nothing that blows my skirt up about the 1070Ti in terms of gaming or mining, if someone is due for a long waiting upgrade, it's a good slot if you don't feel like going past that magical $500 marker.

They really are after the miners with this card, aren't they!

I'm holding off for reviews, and to see if there are any other updated features, such as the media encode/decode engines etc.

This stuff about overclocks sounds very suspect. I'm wondering if they will copy AMD and lock down the BIOS this time. Either that, or the cores are already overclocked highly and wont go much higher. I wonder if they will still let the memory OC as well as the old 1070? I guess the lack of GDDR5X is due to keeping its mining credentials, but I worry they will not let you OC the memory, which would have a big impact.

I bought my 1070 at release for MSRP day one, could have sold it for almost 500 during the mining fever a few months ago...instead I went and bought 18 other GPU's to throw a cheap farm together before everything went crazy :)

memory shortage combined with mining still going on means demand is high, supply is low. What I like to tell most people is buy the card you want, mine on it for 30 days (byproduct heat produced is a great perk of mining during winter), boom suddenly you have a $60 discount for that 1 month of running the GPU.

While having more options is great, there's nothing that blows my skirt up about the 1070Ti in terms of gaming or mining, if someone is due for a long waiting upgrade, it's a good slot if you don't feel like going past that magical $500 marker.

I think that was referencing the fact that the even though there was an msrp reduction in March for the 1070, it had no impact on the actual selling price. If MSRP drops from $389 to $349, but no one will actually sell it at $349, then the "change" didnt do anything.

Until demand dies down and/or supply issues get fixed (both GDDR5(X) and HBM), we're not going to be seeing large reductions in price, though sale prices are starting to inch lower.

Hopefully a 'topped-out' GDDR5 card from Nvidia will help put more downward market pressure on prices.

I'm definitely watching what's going on. If the prices of the 1070 doesn't drop due to the TI, I will probably grab a TI. If it does drop to MSRP, then I'll go the 1070 route. The TI's performance increase really doesn't merit a $100 increase.

Right now I'm on a GTX 970, so it's still humming along, but it's starting to show it's age.

I bought mine for that just a few days before they skyrocketed.

I bought mine for that just a few days before they skyrocketed.

Newegg had a few GTX 1070s for around the $325-350 mark earlier this year; around a month or 2 before the mining craze (re)started -- I got a Zotac GTX 1070 Mini around that time.

At $450... why would anyone buy it when GTX1080's can be found for $499?... Heck... ASUS's GTX1080 Turbo was $459 for the longest time.....

At $450... why would anyone buy it when GTX1080's can be found for $499?... Heck... ASUS's GTX1080 Turbo was $459 for the longest time.....

They can do it because the AIB models for Vega aren't out yet, and Vega now needs a price adjustment, compared to Nvidia's range. We'll see how AMD responds.

So is nvidia done making GPUs after Volta? They haven't released a roadmap in about 50 years.

Maybe Jen-Hsun is going to get into his fully autonomous Lamborghini and drive off into the sunset?

no but i have a feeling they're waiting on volta which will release some time next year.. next release probably won't be til 2020/2021 so they have plenty of time to figure out where the technology is going, whether it's HBM, GDDR, or a derivative of either of them to decide where they want to go.. after all remember volta was originally marketed as using HBM in the road map, but has now been changed to the professional cards using HBM2 and the consumer cards potentially using GDDR6 instead.

either way the 1070ti release just feels like they're trying to get rid of a factory overstock of GPU's to make room for volta. i'd be interested to see whether the overclock cap is driver or bios controlled though.

no but i have a feeling they're waiting on volta which will release some time next year.. next release probably won't be til 2020/2021 so they have plenty of time to figure out where the technology is going, whether it's HBM, GDDR, or a derivative of either of them to decide where they want to go.. after all remember volta was originally marketed as using HBM in the road map, but has now been changed to the professional cards using HBM2 and the consumer cards potentially using GDDR6 instead.

either way the 1070ti release just feels like they're trying to get rid of a factory overstock of GPU's to make room for volta. i'd be interested to see whether the overclock cap is driver or bios controlled though.

What overclock cap? there is no overclock cap

I hope this brings Vega prices down.

Or maybe I should just buy a 1070Ti anyway...

Back