MSI GTX760 into SG05 case?

pardo

n00b
The MSI GTX760 just came out. My question is -- will it fit the Silverstone SG05 case?

The case is designed to accommodate up to 10" cards and this one runs 260x126x38 mm (that's a length of 10.24 inches). I know the SG05 has been discussed on this forum before, but I'm unsure as there are conflicting opinions about maximum length. Also, can I trust that the dimensions listed by MSI are accurate to the millimeter?

So -- Aye or Nay?

I'd get a card with a blower cooler to such a case.
But that's just me.

Also it would be a tight fit but I guess it could fit, the MSI card I mean.
Found a pic of the SG05 with a 10" GTX680 in it
sg05.jpg

It actually fits a GTX 680 vanilla which is afaik 10.5" but dunno if the case was modded.
20120426172132.jpg

Oh wait that actually is a 680 SC Signature which is also a 10" card, sorry :D

OK This should settle it :D
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1039654989&postcount=1770

Last edited:
I recently bought (then returned) an MSI 7870 and their measurement was pretty close to what they stated.
The measurement is only the PCB though so I don't know it is will fit.

I also have that same case on my one PC.
Running a 5570 in it, but thats only because the onboard hdmi was too weak to run the TV at 1080p without overheating.

I ended up getting the EVGA GTX760 Superclocked version instead which is 9.5" in length (instead of 10.24").

When I am assembling my mini-ITX machine in the Silverstone SG05 case, should I install the graphics card LAST?

do you have the case in your possession yet?
the hard drive 'tray' will need to go in after the video card and also the crossbar that supports the PSU.

If you are building the whole thing from scratch, this is basically how it'll go to minimize the rework:
1) Remove case cover, the drive tray, PSU support, and PSU so you have a little room to work.
2) Install cpu in motherboard and mount cpu cooler before putting it in the case. beware of low clearance with the PSU. to install your memory now is probably easier than later.
3) install motherboard in case. connect front panel, fan etc. I suggest you may want to connect your sata cables to the MB at this time as well so you don't have to fiddle around after everything is in place. I highly recommend the ones with the latching tabs.
4) install video card into MB.
5) reinstall PSU, PSU bracket and make connections to your components.
6) install HDD tray and connect sata cables and power.

I left the part for the 3.5" hdd out of mine since I use a 2.5" drive and I wanted the extra room.
Also, I think the PSU is only 300~350 watts which is low for that (most) card(s). it's not a standard psu, I think it's specific to this case.

Let us know how it works out for you.

do you have the case in your possession yet?
the hard drive 'tray' will need to go in after the video card and also the crossbar that supports the PSU.

If you are building the whole thing from scratch, this is basically how it'll go to minimize the rework:
1) Remove case cover, the drive tray, PSU support, and PSU so you have a little room to work.
2) Install cpu in motherboard and mount cpu cooler before putting it in the case. beware of low clearance with the PSU. to install your memory now is probably easier than later.
3) install motherboard in case. connect front panel, fan etc. I suggest you may want to connect your sata cables to the MB at this time as well so you don't have to fiddle around after everything is in place. I highly recommend the ones with the latching tabs.
4) install video card into MB.
5) reinstall PSU, PSU bracket and make connections to your components.
6) install HDD tray and connect sata cables and power.

I left the part for the 3.5" hdd out of mine since I use a 2.5" drive and I wanted the extra room.
Also, I think the PSU is only 300~350 watts which is low for that (most) card(s). it's not a standard psu, I think it's specific to this case.

Let us know how it works out for you.

thanks for the steps -- i will have to build from scratch when the parts arrive

not a problem. hope it works out smoothly.
feel free to PM me if you want any other info or if you get stuck (I don't think you will)

Back