MSI GTX 970 Golden Edition is back in stock at Newegg

No trolling intended...is this a full 4gb vram card or same as the others?

No trolling intended...is this a full 4gb vram card or same as the others?

Is 3.5+0.5=4? If so what's the problem? [/nVidia]

On a serious note, the issue lies within the GPU chip itself, so yeah all 970s will get hit with this problem.

some people don't have their panties in a twist about the whole thing so these are good for those who still like that the 970 performs well

some people don't have their panties in a twist about the whole thing so these are good for those who still like that the 970 performs well

The 970 is still a better card overall than the 290x. The reviews over the last 4 months pointing that out haven't changed.

If Maxwell runs to cool already then why the need for copper ?

The 970 is still a better card overall than the 290x. The reviews over the last 4 months pointing that out haven't changed.

I don't think anyone ever said the 970 is better than a 290x. Maybe you saw that in a dream you had.

If Maxwell runs to cool already then why the need for copper ?

Good point. My gigabyte G1 gaming clocks as high, came with a backplate, a silent triple fan cooler, and was $50 less. I guess that's why most reviewers gave my card the #1 pick for a 970.

As long as you're aware of all the issues and decide that you're not likely to be bothered then yes.

That's not what TechPowerUp says. Barely beats out the 290X at 1080p, turn up that resolution and the 970 falls further and further behind. But of course I just know I'm gonna get hit with the power consumption and heat arguments, so like you said, I won't be continuing with the circle jerk.

Also we're finally seeing some honest advertisement from retailers in Europe, where consumer protection laws are much stronger.

MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX970 4GD5T OC 4GB (3,5GB+0,5GB) GDDR5 256bit (224bit + 32bit) 2*DVI/HDMI/DP Pci-Ex 3.0

Beautiful HSF on that card. Wish they had a 290X like that, would make more sense anyway lol.
Only other GTX970 Id go with is that custom OCUK Nvidia edition.
I have a thing for reference coolers even if I normally replace them.

Went through 5 970s and each and every one of 'em coil whines like hell. Not worth the ear damage tbh. When i sleep i can now hear some of its characteristics.

Back