MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G electrical noise/buzzing through speakers?

njp142

Limp Gawd
Edit: so I'm a dumbass... the noise was actually caused by the KVM switch I use to hook up my gaming desktop and work PC. I have been working too much and haven't had time to game that I never noticed until I just treated myself to the 970.

I'm not sure how to do it, but this thread can be closed.

----------------------------------

I realize there's a similar thread below, but my issue is that the MSI GTX 970 4G is causing a significant amount of electrical noise through my speakers that I did not get with my GTX 670. I'm using the mobo's onboard audio and connected the speakers through the standard 3.5mm analog jack.

It's worse on load, but is still fairly audible when just web surfing.

Ironically, if I turn off the speakers, I don't hear any coil whine from the actual GTX 970 when gaming.

Any ideas or should I just send the card in for replacement?

Last edited:
I'm very glad to hear it was not your card & thank you for stating as much!

I believe you can message a mod about closing the thread.

I've seen similar issues at various points in time and solved my interference issues for good with this $12 device (it's $11.40 actually at the moment) off of amazon (it's called a "ground loop isolator") :). Plugged it in between my studio monitor speakers and SB-Z nowadays and it's perfect:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EAQTRI/

Thanks for the thread update, just figured I'd leave that info here for people who can't remove something but have humming or buzzing through their speakers as a result in the future.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back