MSI GTX 780Ti GAMING 3G - $599.99 (after $30 MIR) -- Expires 5/5

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonuser

[H]ard|Gawd
DEAD AS OF 5/6/14

$629.99 w/$30 MIR which expires in 105 minutes (midnight pacific)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127770

I just picked up a LG 34UM95 and still have an old 560 Ti. Obviously I needed a new card and jumped on this. Cheapest current price for a 780 Ti even before the $30 MIR.

I used shoprunner for the free 2-day shipping.

Last edited:
Lots of one-star reviews. :(

I saw those so I signed up for premier actually for the free 30 days so I can send back w/out cost. Remember, the people who have the most issues are usually the most vocal. The blog/pro reviews of this card were excellent.

where did you buy your LG?

I picked it up at NewEgg when they were in stock for $999 -- will arrive today.

They have some at my local Fry's now, if you have one of those -- check it out.

I saw those so I signed up for premier actually for the free 30 days so I can send back w/out cost. Remember, the people who have the most issues are usually the most vocal. The blog/pro reviews of this card were excellent.

This is true, I've been running mine for about the past 2 months w/o any of the issues negative reviewers have reported, i.e...coil whine, substance leaking from fans. On a side note, I have 2 other friends that have the same exact card and theirs run fine as well.

A majority of the negative reviews are from unverified owners (I'm betting EVGA fanbois) and one verified owner posted 3 reviews (Two 1 stars, One 3 star)...

This is true, I've been running mine for about the past 2 months w/o any of the issues negative reviewers have reported, i.e...coil whine, substance leaking from fans. On a side note, I have 2 other friends that have the same exact card and theirs run fine as well.

A majority of the negative reviews are from unverified owners (I'm betting EVGA fanbois) and one verified owner posted 3 reviews (Two 1 stars, One 3 star)...

There are a good amount of negative reviews out there on forums too. Hard to believe everything, but there definitely looks to be failures with the bearing less fans and the gel (congealed to grease) shooting out of them.

No man, there have been widespread reports of problems with these cards, and I've seen the pictures of peoples cases that has oil flung all over them. Its not a fanboy conspiracy.

You could use the money saved to just put them on water (Kraken G10+Corsair H55) anyway. Shrug.

Then again this deal didn't last long.

To be honest, I ended up canceling my order this morning. I probably won't have trouble with the fan gel/oil issues, but if I did -- the opportunity cost is just not worth $150 to me. I don't have the time to be screwing with RMAs.

I know that my 560 Ti won't power this 34UM95. I need something. Truth be told, I'm mostly playing League of Legends right now so I don't even need this card. Just seemed like a good idea at the time.

If the 560 Ti had displayport I would probably try to hold out until the next gen drops the prices of current gen, but I can't wait that long.

3440x1440 is a demanding resolution. I'll have the monitor today to see how bad it is.

The MSI 780 lightning is back in stock for $550, if wouldn't mind going that route. Not seeing the issues people are reporting with the gaming series of cards.

Its too bad they don't have a Ti version of the lightning.

My MSI 780ti Gaming has been excellent. Super quiet and runs very cool. Only a mediocre overclocker, but I have absolutely no complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back